Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Yellowstone visitors report mystery 'music'

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

Strange celestial sounds have been heard by visitors to the picturesque Yellowstone National Park.

Yellowstone Gate said:

Linton and others have described the sounds as “harp-like” or similar to human voices or the sound of metal cables crashing against each other, but no satisfactory explanation has yet been offered for their origin.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

Great article and a very interesting subject. I was immediately curious when I read “..like human voices..” due to this phenomenon being associated with unknown cryptid animals which inhabit remote locations often having large bodies of water. It’s a good fit for a cryptozoological explanation imv. See the hair analysis of the Sumatran Orang Pendek for further information.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#3    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Interesting...

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,578 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 27 February 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Great article and a very interesting subject. I was immediately curious when I read "..like human voices.." due to this phenomenon being associated with unknown cryptid animals which inhabit remote locations often having large bodies of water. It's a good fit for a cryptozoological explanation imv. See the hair analysis of the Sumatran Orang Pendek for further information.
Can the hyrax talk now?

#5    DoctorBeautiful

DoctorBeautiful

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Aliens. Only explanation.

#6    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

It's Elves living in the rocks :)

#7    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,279 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

If the sounds are related to the park’s geology, they come and go along  with thermal features like geysers or hot springs, which wax and wane  over years or even decades depending on a complex set of natural  factors.

a well know phenomena called pareidolia. Trying to make significant sense of natural phenomena. They're in the middle of a super volcano caldera. Gas and water are expelled as regular significant and insignificant events from all over the crater. Sound travels a long distance sometimes. Human make sound by escaping gas. Calderas make sound the same way.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#8    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,233 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

Great article and a very interesting subject. I was immediately curious when I read “..like human voices..” due to this phenomenon being associated with unknown cryptid animals which inhabit remote locations often having large bodies of water. It’s a good fit for a cryptozoological explanation imv. See the hair analysis of the Sumatran Orang Pendek for further information.

Im guessing that you are the same person who has posted the above comments word for word in the original article ?

Tip.

#9    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,276 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

lol tailor.. I find it curious that you honed in on "like human voices" when there was also "the ringing of telegraph wires or the humming of a swarm of bees", "a rather indefinite, reverberating sound, characterized by a slight metallic resonance", “harp-like”, and "a curious sound, between a whistle and a hoarse whine"... That dang hyrax of yours seems to be able to mimic every living and dead animal on the planet as well as every supernatural phenomena and every natural and apparently manmade inanimate object.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#10    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,033 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

On a very honest note  My brother-n-law lives on the big Island Hawaii  and four years ago we day hiked to a local secret area that the locals go to for some up close and away from the Park services . To be at one with The Mother Volcano Goddess Pele`
ANd the four of us all heard very un volcanic sounds coming from the Sky  like harp,and bass cheleo music.
Very Strange noises !

This is a Work in Progress!

#11    Juanita Rose Violini

Juanita Rose Violini

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

• I Love Life!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

Interesting how Whittlesey comments "“It has been reported by too many people for it to be any kind of Bigfoot thing or something like that.” Seems a little hypocritical. Our phenomena is valid but those bigfoot believers are kooks. Maybe just my interpretation though.

That said, I think that the lake music is a bona fide experience. Too bad people want to explain away the magic.

#12    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

its reo speedwagon

#13    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,233 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 28 February 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

On a very honest note  My brother-n-law lives on the big Island Hawaii  and four years ago we day hiked to a local secret area that the locals go to for some up close and away from the Park services . To be at one with The Mother Volcano Goddess Pele`
ANd the four of us all heard very un volcanic sounds coming from the Sky  like harp,and bass cheleo music.
Very Strange noises !

What do the locals  make of it in Hawaii Dude who doesn't want to be eaten ?

My first thoughs when I read the OP was that it had to have something to do with the thermal activity below , now that you mention the same sort of thing in Hawaii near a volcano ... well .... :blink:

Tip.

#14    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 27 February 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Can the hyrax talk now?
As a part of their mimicking strategy only..:)

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#15    Art Vandarley

Art Vandarley

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

Would be a great cocktail.

Two Yellowstone Mystery Music, please.
On the rocks?
Yeah, I know what you mean :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users