Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

What's this? bizarre dog-pig hybrid creature

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    Goodnite

Goodnite

Outsider looking in.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

• Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

news.yahoo.com said:

Residents in northern Namibia, on the southwest coast of Africa, have reported being terrorized by a bizarre dog-pig hybrid creature. The animal is said to be mostly white and unlike anything the villagers have ever seen, with a doglike head and the broad, round, nearly hairless back and shoulders of a giant pig.The beast was spotted chasing and attacking dogs, goats and other domestic animals in this arid region not far from the Kalahari desert.

Posted Image Read more...

The King of the Beasts

#2    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

well since this happened in rural Africa and there is not a picture or video this is what it is. A story, that's all. In a place where people still burn people alive for witchcraft I wouldn't believe anything relayed without pictures even if you paid me.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#3    George Ford

George Ford

Shadow Slayer

• 2,768 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Possibly a pet dog from miles away that has mange and is lost so hunting for food.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#4    hucksterfoot

hucksterfoot

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

If you do manage to find a dogpig/doggip :] send it to Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron.

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,387 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

What's the point of even writing such an article without photos?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#6    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Giant Hyrax which has been identified as the Orang Pendek of Sumatra by hair analysis from a find in 2001. Check the report photographs against the rock hyrax ventral hair pictures which can be found online. View Extreme Expeditions on facebook for easy viewing. (Wow)

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#7    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Janet Reno from the Grave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#8    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,150 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

From the OP link:

Residents in northern Namibia, on the southwest coast of Africa, have reported being terrorized by a bizarre dog-pig hybrid creature. The animal is said to be mostly white and unlike anything the villagers have ever seen, with a doglike head and the broad, round, nearly hairless back and shoulders of a giant pig. The beast was spotted chasing and attacking dogs, goats and other domestic animals in this arid region not far from the Kalahari desert.
Sounds a lot like an albino hyena. Hyenas can be pretty tubby. They also will chase and eat livestock and dogs. Parts of Namibia are within the known range of spotted hyenas.

What could this monster be? One Namibian official, regional councilor Andreas Mundjindi, was quoted in Informante newspaper as saying, "This is an alien animal that the people have not seen before. We don't have a forest here, only bushes. So, this must be black magic at play."
he had me right up to the point where he said Black Magic. I thought he was going to say "This must be a lost forest animal."

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#9    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,853 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 29 February 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Giant Hyrax which has been identified as the Orang Pendek of Sumatra by hair analysis from a find in 2001. Check the report photographs against the rock hyrax ventral hair pictures which can be found online. View Extreme Expeditions on facebook for easy viewing. (Wow)
You cut and pasted this post in two different threads.  It has nothing to do with this thread, why did you post it here?

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,150 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

Posted Image

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 29 February 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

From the OP link:
Sounds a lot like an albino hyena. Hyenas can be pretty tubby. They also will chase and eat livestock and dogs. Parts of Namibia are within the known range of spotted hyenas.
he had me right up to the point where he said Black Magic. I thought he was going to say "This must be a lost forest animal."
An albino hyena in the area would be well known by the locals. There's no reason why it wouldn't be. The evidence points to a crytpid animal similar to the infamous 'nandi bear'.

The Nandi Bear, also known as Ngoloko is a cryptid, or unconfirmed animal, reported to live in Africa. It takes its name from the Nandi people who live in western Kenya, near where the Nandi Bear is reported as living.

Frank W. Lane wrote, "What the Abominable Snowman is to Asia, or the great Sea Serpent is to the oceans, the Nandi Bear is to Africa. It is one of the most notorious of those legendary beasts which have, so far, eluded capture and the collector's rifle."

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#12    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,853 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 01 March 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

An albino hyena in the area would be well known by the locals. There's no reason why it wouldn't be. The evidence points to a crytpid animal similar to the infamous 'nandi bear'.
If an albino hyena would be well known by locals why wouldnt a fictional nandi bear also be well known?  Why would you assume the locals would have a knowledge of all the individual wild animals in the area?

#13    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

View Postvitruvian12, on 01 March 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

If an albino hyena would be well known by locals why wouldnt a fictional nandi bear also be well known?  Why would you assume the locals would have a knowledge of all the individual wild animals in the area?
Lol! Because the 'nandi bear' has evolved to remain hidden and undetected compared to the easily seen hyenas! People in Africa rely on their knowledge of the local surroundings and animals for their very survival!

From the article:

This is not the first time that unusual animals have been spotted in rural areas of Namibia; several other monsters have been reported over the years, including in July 2009, when unknown creatures reportedly sucked the blood out of livestock, including nearly two dozen goats. Though no one saw the monsters, they were said to have left footprints similar to those of a dog, but much larger. Police followed the footprints, but they mysteriously stopped in an open field, as if the creature suddenly took flight or vanished. At that time, locals were also convinced that the strange beast was the product of black magic going so far as to accuse an old man and his sister of conjuring the creature.

It's not clear whether locals believe that the current dog-headed, pig-bodied animal is the same mystery creature that terrorized the region three years ago. Whether the reports are real or rumor, hopefully belief in these creatures won't be used as an excuse for mob attacks on elderly men and women suspected of witchcraft.

P.S. Don't you have a job to go to during the day or is it the time difference?

Edited by tailormaneinafog, 01 March 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#14    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

I'd love to see a "dog headed pig monster" although I somewhat doubt its existence.

#15    Arawyn

Arawyn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 99 posts

• "Insanity is like gravity. All it takes is a little push" - The Joker

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

wow you guys got it wrong! #1, the dog part is not dog, it is bear! #2, you forgot to say it was also part man!
IT IS NONE OTHER THAN MANBEARPIG!!!

Awww, come on. Insanity isn't that bad. It's actually kind of fun.
In a sick, twisted, demented kind of way...

THIS IS FAWKING AWSOME! :sk :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users