Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Project Alpha

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

Just curious how many have heard about this......?

Was a new find for me.....And I hope this is the right section for this...

Project Alpha was a hoax designed by     James Randi, Steve Shaw (a.k.a.     Banachek), and Mike EdwardsPosted Image from      1979-1983. Randi trained two young mentalists/magiciansóBanachek was 18 and      Edwards 17 when the project beganóto fake psychic powers while being      investigated in a serious scientific setting. They were able to fool the      scientists for four years through more than 160 hours of experiments on      their paranormal powers.

http://www.skepdic.c...ojectalpha.html

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#2    Shiloh17

Shiloh17

The Last.

• Closed
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:20 AM

That's why you got to love the internet. Tons of info at your fingertips, unlike 1979 when he started that project. No, never knew about it. Nice find though.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,171 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

It jusat reinforces my belief that the Amazing Randi is the biggest pot stirrer in the world.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#4    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 29 February 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

It jusat reinforces my belief that the Amazing Randi is the biggest pot stirrer in the world.
Depends what you mean by "pot stirrer". As I see it, Randi set out to achieve a specific, valid purpose; and was successful in doing so: an excerpt from the OP article;

It was a      social experiment that was necessary to demonstrate a charge that skeptics      had been making for over 150 years. Parapsychologists, no matter how      intelligent or well-trained they are in science, are susceptible to      deception and self-deception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users