Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

My Haunted House Experience


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Mostar

Mostar

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2006
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hey guys and girls, wow its been a long time since I visited but I think its about time I share some very interesting experienced with you all. Its actually partly why I joined this forum so long ago.

I want to tell you about my friend Jacobs old house. All of these incidences happened over about 3 years while my friend lived in his old house that wasn't too far away from mine until he moved. I was never really a skeptic but I never had any experienced with anything supernatural before so I wouldn't outright say that I Believed in ghosts or the supernatural, but just a few things that happened at Jacobs old house I can honestly say I believe. Some where minor and others rather more disturbing. Some of these are my own accounts and others Jacobs but ill make a note to which where mine and which where his.

Ill start by telling you the first things that Jacob told me about when he moved in his new house at the time. They got it rather cheap apparently (for that area), their real estate agent didnt tell them what could have attributed to that until later. Jacob lived with his mother and sister at the time, his sister had gone to a friends house to sleep at that weekend. During the night jacob woke up to notice that there was a light coming from the bottom of his door and the sound of the shower was on. He didnt think much of it and went to sleep, assuming it was his mother taking a shower. That morning his mother asked him "How come you where taking a shower so late in the night?", he said it wasn't him and that he thought she did it, ruling out his sister obviously because she wasn't even home at the time. They thought it strange but beyond that they had no explanation.

The next thing that happened was his stereo turned on full blast in the back room (the back room was a new addition to the house, it had widows from each room and toilet/bathroom because originally it looked into the yard)he jumped out of bed because tried to turn it off, he said he couldn't get the On/Off switch to work so he had to plug it out of the wall. Strange but could have been a electrical thing, but again just another weird occurrence.

He told me about these things, they were weird but it never stopped me from sleeping at his house, which we did often at the time because we went to school together and the backroom was really big. Everytme I slept there I woke up late in the night, im not sure why, but every single time. I never really did like it there to be honest, he only had dim skylights and rather weak globes, so it was always dark in his house.

The next weird thing that happened was his sister got locked outside the house at the back, the door had a frosted glass window. She says she knocked on the door and saw someone (assuming Jacob) come to the door and do the motions of opening the door, it then walked back around the corner. That very instant Jacob comes around and opens the door, she asked him why he changed his shirt from Red to Yellow and why he didnt open the door in the first place. He said he had no idea what she was talking about and they argued about it for a while.

Stuff kept getting stranger, his mother came home one night with her friend, rather drunk from being out. They saw Jacob sleeping on the couch in the living room and tried to be quiet but where laughing too much and making alot of noise. Jacob came out of the hall way and told them they woke him up, he was wearing his pajamas, just an old black shirt and some shorts. His mother and her friend claimed they just saw him in the living room wearing a yellow shirt. Weird again, they where drunk at the time but they both swear thats what happened. Not TOO sure how to take that one considering their drinking.

His mother didnt feel comfortable in the house, she always used to say that occasionally and Jacob was the one who told me that before she ever mentioned it. She said she always felt like she was being watched in her room, she grew uncomfortable and started to wonder if the house was haunted, Jacob said it never bothered him. They told the Real estate agent about these things (Or asked them why they got the house so cheap, I dont recall exactly now) and he admitted to them the house was up for sale so cheap because a man died in it. Apparently he was in the shower and had an aneurysm and crawled back into where Jacobs room was and died there. They where creeped out by it (not as much as I was when they told me) and to them it explained the very first weird experience they had.

Nearly finished, keep with me, the last story is my own and its by far the strangest. After time went on Jacob kept telling me weird stuff that would happen, maybe every two months, which to me was frequent. His sister claimed to see a Shadow of a man walking around the house, from the hallway into the living room. The toilet and shower where in the hallway. What was also strange to me was Jacob by now almost dismissed everything that was happening, saying his sister was probably making it up. He was obviously desensitized to it all by now I guess.

Jumping forward a few years, his mother told us that she saw the figure of a man in the corner of her room, sometimes in other corners, but always there. The weirdest was she woke up a few times to see it right at the edge of her bed looking down at her. She says she would look and turn back to go to sleep. She couldnt ever do anything about it she says and she stopped being so afraid of it, still creeped out by I think she was also learning to live with it. If it where me I would have been LONG gone.

Stuff would knock and bang, even one time i was over his house and the power went out and instantly went back on. Nothing weird about that, probably just a power outtage. The weird thing was Jacob said "did anyone else hear that?" there was a huge banging sound when it happened but the shock of the TV and lights going out masked it a bit, I didn't think anything of it until he went into the living room to the window that looked out into the backroom we were in and seeing his hand behind the blinds violently push the window. He came back in and said "The only way to make that sound is to push that window and move the wooden frame, rattles the glass" He did that as if it wasn't the first time it happened. He knew I hated his house (i seemed to forget that every time i agreed to go over there)

Now come my two personal stories, the first could have been a dream or sleep paralysis which had happened to me once or twice many years before that, but the more I think about it the more I think it had to do with his now very haunted house. Myself, Jacob and maybe 4 others went to sleep in the back room, I was on a sleeping bag. I woke up again like I always did but this time I saw a dark figure of a person walking amongst us, I could see all my friends in the room , the moonlight illuminated the room pretty well that night. It walked towards me, and as I looked up to see who it was and to move because they where about to step on me, its foot landed straight on my face and I could literally feel it go throw me like an electric shock. Have you ever Degaussed an old CRT computer monitor ? thats the best way I can describe it. I remember closing my eyes and falling sleep instantly after that. In the morning I asked who went to the bathroom, everyone said they were in bed the whole night till morning, no one got up that night.

The very last and worst experience for me at that house was when we were all outside on the trampoline, sitting down on it in the front yard at night and I was looking towards Jacobs mothers room. I starred at it for a bit, no reason in particular when I noticed a PERSON on the ground. He was in the position runners in the Olympics take before the sound goes and they get up to run. I looked down and him and he looked up at me and made eye contact and INSTANTLY disappeared like he was never there in the first place. One moment i was looking towards the room, then a man appeared, then he was gone and i could see everything that was behind him. I starred at that spot for about 5-10mins without saying anything with my mouth wide open. My friends noticed and asked me what the problem was and I couldn't bring myself to say what just happened. My brain just didnt calculate what i just saw. I told everyone a few hours later and they didnt believe me, Jacob sort of just said "Oh yeah, weird" and my other friend Jordan just said "Yeah probably Jacobs ghost" as if I didnt already assume that much.

Jacob moved from that house, his mother was in the backroom and said she heard a loud whisper right up against her ear saying "Get Out" and thought it was Jacob, turned and yelled at him only to see him at the other end of the room with headphones in. He said after that he would whisper that to her to annoy he because she yelled at him when he said he didnt do anything. Funny enough, their new house is heritage listed by the Port Adelaide council here in Australia and is part of a popular Ghost Tour, at midnight a bunch of people and a host stand in front of houses in they street and talk about ghost stories. Nothing so far has happened in his new house he says, and he even reported that his mothers boyfriends daughter lived in his old house and has seen and heard weird things.

Well thats it, thats all the things that happened at Jacobs old house that I know about (I didnt list all the really minor stuff because it would take too long), I swear by everything I have said especially my two personal experiences. I dont think Jacob or his sister made any of this up, his mother even moved from the house and hates talking about the haunting. I only rarely get new stories of minor incidences happening every year or so now since they moved. Whenever I talk to Jacob he always treats it like it wasn't a big deal, he treats it almost like I was exaggerating or making a big deal out of it. He said whatever it was it never bothered him directly. I always hated it, The house still gives me the creeps.

Thanks alot for reading, any questions are welcome of course im pretty sure I covered most of the major haunting stuff here, just figured I'd share.

You're All Crazy

#2    Landry

Landry

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined:27 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Mid-Atlantic Coast U.S.A.

  • Skeptical of institutionalized pseudo-skepticism

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for sharing. :)
You sound as if you were somewhat more open to the possibility of the supernatural being real than I was at the time of my experience. After you've eliminated all of the more mundane possibilities to the best of your ability - trust yourself.

"The ontology of materialism rested upon the illusion that the kind of existence, the direct "actuality" of the world around us can be extrapolated into the atomic range. This extrapolation is impossible however."
Werner Heisenberg


#3    Mostar

Mostar

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2006
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

 Landry, on 01 March 2012 - 11:45 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing. :)
You sound as if you were somewhat more open to the possibility of the supernatural being real than I was at the time of my experience. After you've eliminated all of the more mundane possibilities to the best of your ability - trust yourself.


Of course, somethings we just couldnt explain which, after all that happened and they left the house I think we all attributed most of what couldnt be explained to the ghost.

You're All Crazy

#4    Elrico

Elrico

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined:28 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

 Mostar, on 01 March 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

Hey guys and girls, wow its been a long time since I visited but I think its about time I share some very interesting experienced with you all. Its actually partly why I joined this forum so long ago.

I want to tell you about my friend Jacobs old house. All of these incidences happened over about 3 years while my friend lived in his old house that wasn't too far away from mine until he moved. I was never really a skeptic but I never had any experienced with anything supernatural before so I wouldn't outright say that I Believed in ghosts or the supernatural, but just a few things that happened at Jacobs old house I can honestly say I believe. Some where minor and others rather more disturbing. Some of these are my own accounts and others Jacobs but ill make a note to which where mine and which where his.

Ill start by telling you the first things that Jacob told me about when he moved in his new house at the time. They got it rather cheap apparently (for that area), their real estate agent didnt tell them what could have attributed to that until later. Jacob lived with his mother and sister at the time, his sister had gone to a friends house to sleep at that weekend. During the night jacob woke up to notice that there was a light coming from the bottom of his door and the sound of the shower was on. He didnt think much of it and went to sleep, assuming it was his mother taking a shower. That morning his mother asked him "How come you where taking a shower so late in the night?", he said it wasn't him and that he thought she did it, ruling out his sister obviously because she wasn't even home at the time. They thought it strange but beyond that they had no explanation.

The next thing that happened was his stereo turned on full blast in the back room (the back room was a new addition to the house, it had widows from each room and toilet/bathroom because originally it looked into the yard)he jumped out of bed because tried to turn it off, he said he couldn't get the On/Off switch to work so he had to plug it out of the wall. Strange but could have been a electrical thing, but again just another weird occurrence.

He told me about these things, they were weird but it never stopped me from sleeping at his house, which we did often at the time because we went to school together and the backroom was really big. Everytme I slept there I woke up late in the night, im not sure why, but every single time. I never really did like it there to be honest, he only had dim skylights and rather weak globes, so it was always dark in his house.

The next weird thing that happened was his sister got locked outside the house at the back, the door had a frosted glass window. She says she knocked on the door and saw someone (assuming Jacob) come to the door and do the motions of opening the door, it then walked back around the corner. That very instant Jacob comes around and opens the door, she asked him why he changed his shirt from Red to Yellow and why he didnt open the door in the first place. He said he had no idea what she was talking about and they argued about it for a while.

Stuff kept getting stranger, his mother came home one night with her friend, rather drunk from being out. They saw Jacob sleeping on the couch in the living room and tried to be quiet but where laughing too much and making alot of noise. Jacob came out of the hall way and told them they woke him up, he was wearing his pajamas, just an old black shirt and some shorts. His mother and her friend claimed they just saw him in the living room wearing a yellow shirt. Weird again, they where drunk at the time but they both swear thats what happened. Not TOO sure how to take that one considering their drinking.

His mother didnt feel comfortable in the house, she always used to say that occasionally and Jacob was the one who told me that before she ever mentioned it. She said she always felt like she was being watched in her room, she grew uncomfortable and started to wonder if the house was haunted, Jacob said it never bothered him. They told the Real estate agent about these things (Or asked them why they got the house so cheap, I dont recall exactly now) and he admitted to them the house was up for sale so cheap because a man died in it. Apparently he was in the shower and had an aneurysm and crawled back into where Jacobs room was and died there. They where creeped out by it (not as much as I was when they told me) and to them it explained the very first weird experience they had.

Nearly finished, keep with me, the last story is my own and its by far the strangest. After time went on Jacob kept telling me weird stuff that would happen, maybe every two months, which to me was frequent. His sister claimed to see a Shadow of a man walking around the house, from the hallway into the living room. The toilet and shower where in the hallway. What was also strange to me was Jacob by now almost dismissed everything that was happening, saying his sister was probably making it up. He was obviously desensitized to it all by now I guess.

Jumping forward a few years, his mother told us that she saw the figure of a man in the corner of her room, sometimes in other corners, but always there. The weirdest was she woke up a few times to see it right at the edge of her bed looking down at her. She says she would look and turn back to go to sleep. She couldnt ever do anything about it she says and she stopped being so afraid of it, still creeped out by I think she was also learning to live with it. If it where me I would have been LONG gone.

Stuff would knock and bang, even one time i was over his house and the power went out and instantly went back on. Nothing weird about that, probably just a power outtage. The weird thing was Jacob said "did anyone else hear that?" there was a huge banging sound when it happened but the shock of the TV and lights going out masked it a bit, I didn't think anything of it until he went into the living room to the window that looked out into the backroom we were in and seeing his hand behind the blinds violently push the window. He came back in and said "The only way to make that sound is to push that window and move the wooden frame, rattles the glass" He did that as if it wasn't the first time it happened. He knew I hated his house (i seemed to forget that every time i agreed to go over there)

Now come my two personal stories, the first could have been a dream or sleep paralysis which had happened to me once or twice many years before that, but the more I think about it the more I think it had to do with his now very haunted house. Myself, Jacob and maybe 4 others went to sleep in the back room, I was on a sleeping bag. I woke up again like I always did but this time I saw a dark figure of a person walking amongst us, I could see all my friends in the room , the moonlight illuminated the room pretty well that night. It walked towards me, and as I looked up to see who it was and to move because they where about to step on me, its foot landed straight on my face and I could literally feel it go throw me like an electric shock. Have you ever Degaussed an old CRT computer monitor ? thats the best way I can describe it. I remember closing my eyes and falling sleep instantly after that. In the morning I asked who went to the bathroom, everyone said they were in bed the whole night till morning, no one got up that night.

The very last and worst experience for me at that house was when we were all outside on the trampoline, sitting down on it in the front yard at night and I was looking towards Jacobs mothers room. I starred at it for a bit, no reason in particular when I noticed a PERSON on the ground. He was in the position runners in the Olympics take before the sound goes and they get up to run. I looked down and him and he looked up at me and made eye contact and INSTANTLY disappeared like he was never there in the first place. One moment i was looking towards the room, then a man appeared, then he was gone and i could see everything that was behind him. I starred at that spot for about 5-10mins without saying anything with my mouth wide open. My friends noticed and asked me what the problem was and I couldn't bring myself to say what just happened. My brain just didnt calculate what i just saw. I told everyone a few hours later and they didnt believe me, Jacob sort of just said "Oh yeah, weird" and my other friend Jordan just said "Yeah probably Jacobs ghost" as if I didnt already assume that much.

Jacob moved from that house, his mother was in the backroom and said she heard a loud whisper right up against her ear saying "Get Out" and thought it was Jacob, turned and yelled at him only to see him at the other end of the room with headphones in. He said after that he would whisper that to her to annoy he because she yelled at him when he said he didnt do anything. Funny enough, their new house is heritage listed by the Port Adelaide council here in Australia and is part of a popular Ghost Tour, at midnight a bunch of people and a host stand in front of houses in they street and talk about ghost stories. Nothing so far has happened in his new house he says, and he even reported that his mothers boyfriends daughter lived in his old house and has seen and heard weird things.

Well thats it, thats all the things that happened at Jacobs old house that I know about (I didnt list all the really minor stuff because it would take too long), I swear by everything I have said especially my two personal experiences. I dont think Jacob or his sister made any of this up, his mother even moved from the house and hates talking about the haunting. I only rarely get new stories of minor incidences happening every year or so now since they moved. Whenever I talk to Jacob he always treats it like it wasn't a big deal, he treats it almost like I was exaggerating or making a big deal out of it. He said whatever it was it never bothered him directly. I always hated it, The house still gives me the creeps.

Thanks alot for reading, any questions are welcome of course im pretty sure I covered most of the major haunting stuff here, just figured I'd share.



#5    nyuk

nyuk

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined:12 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

Quite a tale, id be long gone if any of that happened.

Hi Elrico, welcome to UM.
Just to let you know, if you press reply, the article you want to reply to becomes a quote.
Once this happens, scroll right down to the bottom and then you can write your reply.
Just guessing you not quite used to it yet.

nyuk  ;)


#6    Mostar

Mostar

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2006
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

 nyuk, on 04 March 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

Quite a tale, id be long gone if any of that happened.

Hi Elrico, welcome to UM.
Just to let you know, if you press reply, the article you want to reply to becomes a quote.
Once this happens, scroll right down to the bottom and then you can write your reply.
Just guessing you not quite used to it yet.

nyuk  ;)

I know ! Exactly my thoughts, even Jacob said to me if he saw a figure of a man standing over him while he was in bed he would have been out of there sooner if he could have helped it, not that anything ever really seemed to have bothered him at all. Strange guy, he's braver than me !
I could hardly get up to go pee when I was over there....

Edited by Mostar, 04 March 2012 - 09:42 AM.

You're All Crazy

#7    Lcvec

Lcvec

    civilized caveman

  • Member
  • 4,551 posts
  • Joined:05 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:My Own Cave

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

I've never had any interesting paranormal experiences so I can't say anything about the crazy stuff you mentioned, but at least the part where you woke up and saw someone walking around was probably sleep paralysis as you mentioned, specially because of the weird feeling you say you had that was like an electric shock. It's an interesting story though, thanks for sharing.


#8    Mostar

Mostar

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2006
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:18 AM

 Lcvec, on 04 March 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

I've never had any interesting paranormal experiences so I can't say anything about the crazy stuff you mentioned, but at least the part where you woke up and saw someone walking around was probably sleep paralysis as you mentioned, specially because of the weird feeling you say you had that was like an electric shock. It's an interesting story though, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading !  Yeah its happened only a few times before, I wasn't able to move besides just my head. Bad time to have that happen to me !

You're All Crazy

#9    MIKES3

MIKES3

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2012

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:33 AM

Really cool stories. Thank you for sharing


#10    Peaches793

Peaches793

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:07 Mar 2012

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

I enjoyed reading this, like you said I would of packed up everything and been out of there in a heart beat.


#11    tigger

tigger

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,367 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:the land-down under..can you hear the thunder?

  • keeper of a greater magic... THE SCHWARTZ!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:17 AM

its so strange to have a new house or residence to have paranormal activity.. but not altogether extraordinary. my family home was built and my parents and siblings moved in just before i was born ( 3 months to be exact )

i've had a lot of strange occurances happen to me, to which i have talked about more with my mum, she has since revealed that when they moved in, my brothers room had a horrible smell of decay in it, which lasted for years. there was nothing in the roof, there wasnt even any insulation at that stage, as they couldnt afford it. the walls are double brick, and the base a concrete pad.

the house was built on grazing/farming land, which would be quite old land per-say. but no buildings existed on it before hand.

i have suffered sleep paralysis, but not to the extent of hullacinating, as lcvec seems to be pertaining too. the fact is, your body is asleep and your mind is awake, so i dont see how you would hallucinate about a person being there, let alone get that electric feeling from a degausing wand (yep, know that feeling from the business i had and have to use one with)

i would look deeper into it, if it were me. try to find out more about the person that lived there. seems as though they have left an imprint of themselves there. pretty sad none the less. what an awful way to go.

'What do you do if you step on a mine, Captain?'
'Well, the usual procedure is to leap 200 feet in the air and spread yourself over a wide area…'


Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!

#12    Mostar

Mostar

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2006
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

 tigger, on 17 March 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

its so strange to have a new house or residence to have paranormal activity.. but not altogether extraordinary. my family home was built and my parents and siblings moved in just before i was born ( 3 months to be exact )

i've had a lot of strange occurances happen to me, to which i have talked about more with my mum, she has since revealed that when they moved in, my brothers room had a horrible smell of decay in it, which lasted for years. there was nothing in the roof, there wasnt even any insulation at that stage, as they couldnt afford it. the walls are double brick, and the base a concrete pad.

the house was built on grazing/farming land, which would be quite old land per-say. but no buildings existed on it before hand.

i have suffered sleep paralysis, but not to the extent of hullacinating, as lcvec seems to be pertaining too. the fact is, your body is asleep and your mind is awake, so i dont see how you would hallucinate about a person being there, let alone get that electric feeling from a degausing wand (yep, know that feeling from the business i had and have to use one with)

i would look deeper into it, if it were me. try to find out more about the person that lived there. seems as though they have left an imprint of themselves there. pretty sad none the less. what an awful way to go.

Hmm yeah I never really considered that, to do with sleep paralysis, I assumed I was probably dreaming that into my surroundings so I was always careful when I told that story to people to always mention that it could have just been a coincidence. Interesting way to think about it. Yeah im very interested in seeing if the new tenants have had any "trouble' If I get around to it ill get Jacob to ask them if they have experienced anything, get some details.

You're All Crazy




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users