Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

More proof of ancient Europeans in Americas

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

When the crew of the Virginia scallop trawler Cinmar hauled a mastodon tusk onto the deck in 1970, another oddity dropped out of the net: a dark, tapered stone blade, nearly eight inches long and still sharp.

My link

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#2    seller2006

seller2006

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

• Student of the Quran

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

there is evidence of civlizations as old as 32,000 bc old , i wouldnt doubt travel happen to the America from even China ten thousand yrs ago lol . Mainstream history has limited man to the last 8-10,000 years .

Posted Image

Check out some of my raps.. http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=3016

Check out my Concious Hip Hop, http://www.youtube.c...Adealist/videos

#3    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

We still gonna dig up some bigger surprises...

#4    BrandOfAmber

BrandOfAmber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• Life is the lust of the lamp for the light that is dark till the dawn of the day that we die...

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

*Snip*

Civilization (if not human civilization) has been around on this planet for tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years...

Edited by Karlis, 02 March 2012 - 05:08 PM.
Deleted non-related comments

#5    Sean Creaney

Sean Creaney

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

What evidence is there, carbon dating? , because a lot of acedemics agree with each other , it is put forward as fact , it is only speculation , we dont know how long the world is here nor does it matter . If the money and resources wasted on these speculations of Egotists was spent on curing disease and ending hunger the world would be a much better place.

#6    marcos anthony toledo

marcos anthony toledo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

The book  They All Discovered America from the 1960s mention the Solutreans and another book that I later read as well No Stone Unturned published in 1956 also mention the simularates between the Solutreans and Clovis people. If the Solutreans could sail accross the Atlantic why could not people do the same accross the Pacific as well by boat and could the scientist fear a emergration from the Americas. Or to put another way a back in forth movement of people accross both oceans.

#7    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

View Post27vet, on 02 March 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

We still gonna dig up some bigger surprises...

I think we will too

#8    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostSean Creaney, on 02 March 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

If the money and resources wasted on these speculations of Egotists was spent on curing disease and ending hunger the world would be a much better place.

:no:

Finally got my black belt....

#9    Landry

Landry

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• Skeptical of institutionalized pseudo-skepticism

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

Something else that might interest you. Forbidden Archeology by Michael Cremo. The establishment status quo defenders won't like you - but who cares?
http://www.mcremo.com/

"The ontology of materialism rested upon the illusion that the kind of existence, the direct "actuality" of the world around us can be extrapolated into the atomic range. This extrapolation is impossible however."
Werner Heisenberg

#10    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostLandry, on 03 March 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Something else that might interest you. Forbidden Archeology by Michael Cremo. The establishment status quo defenders won't like you - but who cares?
http://www.mcremo.com/

Yes we all here know of him.

Michael A. Cremo (born July 15, 1948, Schenectady, New York), also known as Drutakarma Dasa, is an American Hindu creationist whose work argues that modern humans have lived on the earth for billions of years. Cremo's book, Forbidden Archeology, has attracted attention from Hindu creationists and paranormalists, but has been criticized by scholars for ignorance of basic archeology.[3][4] Scholars of the mainstream archaeological and paleoanthropological communities have described his work as pseudoscience.[5][6] Cremo identifies himself as a "Vedic creationist.".

http://en.wikipedia....i/Michael_Cremo

People who twist and turn scientific facts or create 'facts' to fit/please/prove their religion do not get much respect from me.

==

About that find of the OP: if people from Europe did indeed travel along the North Atlantic ice sheat and settled in North America, then where is the genetic proof they did?

There is none.

That could mean it never happened, or... that they didn't mix with the people already living there. Or that the people arriving from Siberia/Asia didn't mix with them.

And that seems unlikely to me.

I am a European, and many of my girlfriends were of Asian origin.

Edited by Abramelin, 03 March 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#11    therootsfan

therootsfan

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 03 March 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Yes we all here know of him.

Michael A. Cremo (born July 15, 1948, Schenectady, New York), also known as Drutakarma Dasa, is an American Hindu creationist whose work argues that modern humans have lived on the earth for billions of years. Cremo's book, Forbidden Archeology, has attracted attention from Hindu creationists and paranormalists, but has been criticized by scholars for ignorance of basic archeology.[3][4] Scholars of the mainstream archaeological and paleoanthropological communities have described his work as pseudoscience.[5][6] Cremo identifies himself as a "Vedic creationist.".

http://en.wikipedia....i/Michael_Cremo

People who twist and turn scientific facts or create 'facts' to fit/please/prove their religion do not get much respect from me.

==

About that find of the OP: if people from Europe did indeed travel along the North Atlantic ice sheat and settled in North America, then where is the genetic proof they did?

There is none.

That could mean it never happened, or... that they didn't mix with the people already living there. Or that the people arriving from Siberia/Asia didn't mix with them.

I am a European, and many of my girlfriends were of Asian origin.

*snip*  The article is of anthropological interest,  *snip*

Edited by libstaK, 07 March 2012 - 12:51 PM.
personal insults/flamebaiting

#12    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,332 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostBrandOfAmber, on 02 March 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

*Snip*

Civilization (if not human civilization) has been around on this planet for tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years...

This may be a rather bold claim. Are we to assume that you have credible documentation to support such?

#13    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,332 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

View Posttherootsfan, on 06 March 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

*snip*The article is of anthropological interest, *snip*

Anthropological interest? Or valid anthropological interest?

Edited by libstaK, 07 March 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#14    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Posttherootsfan, on 06 March 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

*snip* The article is of anthropological interest, *snip*

"Anthropology" is what happens around you, not just in scientific studies. My point was that if I did it, others many thousands of years will also not have had much problems with doing it, or at least some of them wouldn't have had. Meaning: we would see genetic proof of that happening. And I have had more than one girlfriend, yes. Is that a problem for you? I am almost 55 years old now, and that was - for me at least - time enough to 'look around'.

And fyi: there are many people from Asian descent living here. In case you forgot: present-day Indonesia was once a Dutch colony. After it became independent many Indonesians came (fled) to the Netherlands. My old aunt was an Indonesian women, many of my friends in my youth were of Indonesian descent.

Once I studied TCM and I was the one to buy the study books for everyone because I was the one who knew my way around in The Hague. So I ended up in the Chinese district and entered the large bookshop overthere. I was being welcomed by a pretty Dutch-Chinese woman. After I had bought all the books I came back days later... but not for more books. There: also many Chinese people live here.

People meet, people mix. Sooner or later, but they will mix.

Maybe you should get out more.

Oh, and I almost forgot: another ex of mine is of native American descent. Arawak, in case you want to know. I know you do.

Edited by libstaK, 07 March 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#15    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,426 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 03 March 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

respectful *snip*

There is none.

Thanks for the informative fact Abramelin,  your one smart bird  :tu:
i didn't know that there was NO genetic evidence, in North America for the Solutreans .
One thing i find interesting is that , as far as i know , there has been  zero evidence of Clovis culture found in Alaska, which is supposed to be the route by which they travelled?  That makes me wonder more about a Coastal entry into the Americas   from Asia.      ( i won't mention water craft  ) :P

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users