Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Children at risk from 'witch finders'


  • Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostParacelse, on 08 March 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

I do but it is not something I can show anyone, since I'm the only one who is witness.  Also I can't tell how long it will take for the spell to come to its physical realisation .  It can take a day it can take weeks but it does happen.

No use to me as actual proof...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#62    Paracelse

Paracelse

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,074 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 08 March 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

No use to me as actual proof...
I never qttempted to convince anyone and yet when people know me they do believe me     :devil: :devil: :devil:

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#63    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostParacelse, on 08 March 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

I never qttempted to convince anyone and yet when people know me they do believe me :devil: :devil: :devil:

I guess they are not like me and easy to convince lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#64    Paracelse

Paracelse

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,074 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 08 March 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

I guess they are not like me and easy to convince lol
Every one, which include you and me has an Achille's Heel.  It different in each one.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#65    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostParacelse, on 08 March 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

Every one, which include you and me has an Achille's Heel.  It different in each one.

Yea but luckily my Achillies heel   is  not taking in every story I hear  lol  I tend to question a lot of things..Posted Image

The Pagan faith is  not something I personally would comment too much on, I know very little about it...BUT  I respect  those that do follow it...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#66    Paracelse

Paracelse

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,074 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 08 March 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Yea but luckily my Achillies heel   is  not taking in every story I hear  lol  I tend to question a lot of things..Posted Image

The Pagan faith is  not something I personally would comment too much on, I know very little about it...BUT  I respect  those that do follow it...
In psychological attacks (something Mr Walker explained very well in the thread) one doesn't need to know or learn paganism to find the Achille's heel of another.  It's ingrained.  Ask my ex-wife!!!!  :devil: :devil: :devil:   She discovered mine right away

Edited by Paracelse, 09 March 2012 - 06:40 AM.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#67    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostParacelse, on 09 March 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

In psychological attacks (something Mr Walker explained very well in the thread) one doesn't need to know or learn paganism to find the Achille's heel of another.  It's ingrained.  Ask my ex-wife!!!!  

I don't beleive a single word  lol  I am not obligated to either... I  like to expand my mind to other possible answers   than just accept a belief...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#68    Paracelse

Paracelse

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,074 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 09 March 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

I don't beleive a single word  lol  I am not obligated to either... I  like to expand my mind to other possible answers   than just accept a belief...
Trust me she was a lutheran wben we met and never studied Paganism but I can tell you she was (I guess I could say she prolly still is) a witch  :innocent: :innocent:

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#69    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostParacelse, on 09 March 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Trust me she was a lutheran wben we met and never studied Paganism but I can tell you she was (I guess I could say she prolly still is) a witch  :innocent: :innocent:

And yet you fail to convince me the spells are real.. You can hold beliefs in it all you like.. But I wont... How many times need I post that?  Posted Image

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 09 March 2012 - 10:34 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#70    Sherapy

Sherapy

    Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

  • Member
  • 21,762 posts
  • Joined:14 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:At the Beach-- San Pedro, California

  • "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 08 March 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Yes, and in particular we do all we can to stop young people doing things which will harm their brain development and prevent its maturation. We also have inpart to restrict their freedoms, rights and rsponsibilities, unfortunately, until they are old enough to act responsibly.


Observing adults, there is a large percentage, perhaps in general even a majority, who never learn full logicala reasoning, and act on impulse and emotion all their lives

Again I do not disagree that there are adults who do not cultivate their logic.( Freud would  agree with you that most adults never leave the ID stage).

And  I agree with your points about kids and their brains.

Yet, I still suggest that  the majority of those that would beleive as you suggest probably are between  3 and 7.

Your thoughts?




#71    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 6,621 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

Projecting onto others the cause of own failings is as old as time.  It is a funciton of the "criminal mind" aka: he made me do it, it's not my fault.  The sooner people realise this simple truth the sooner superstition about the power of voodoo and witchcraft can be laid to rest.  We are all responsible for our own actions or "re-actions" to others, the "criminal" is in our own psyche, look there for the cause and stop using false beliefs to justify harming others.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#72    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 15,188 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostSherapy, on 10 March 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

Again I do not disagree that there are adults who do not cultivate their logic.( Freud would  agree with you that most adults never leave the ID stage).

And  I agree with your points about kids and their brains.

Yet, I still suggest that  the majority of those that would beleive as you suggest probably are between  3 and 7.

Your thoughts?
I do not teach children that young. I deal with those between 12 and 18. As far as i can estimate from observation, conversatations and their  responses, most of them, over the last 40 years of teaching, do notthink like adults. They simply cannot do, becuse significant physical parts of their brains are not yet existent. However  in part it depends how they have been brought up to think. Some are completely skeptical of everything, because they are taught to be by their parents . Most are basically accepting of serious opinion from an adult like me, because they are taught to be. Kids are also, basically, open to anything from ghosts ot aliens to angels. They have their own beliefs about these things, and havent been ground down by the worldly cynicism and  disbeliefs of adults.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#73    HardCor

HardCor

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • Science is my God

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Are you fuc%in kidding me, when is this archaic world gonna wake up... witches, are you serious, these people should be put down and this trend be squashed immediately. Jesus people are stupid. btw, well said libstaK


#74    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 10 March 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Projecting onto others the cause of own failings is as old as time.  It is a funciton of the "criminal mind" aka: he made me do it, it's not my fault.  The sooner people realise this simple truth the sooner superstition about the power of voodoo and witchcraft can be laid to rest.  We are all responsible for our own actions or "re-actions" to others, the "criminal" is in our own psyche, look there for the cause and stop using false beliefs to justify harming others.

It goes to show you just how silly people can really get, when they  fall for  these things and beleive they are real..I think they want to beleive in it to condemn them..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#75    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 6,621 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 10 March 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

It goes to show you just how silly people can really get, when they  fall for  these things and beleive they are real..I think they want to beleive in it to condemn them..
Yep everyone is "holier than thou" in these things, everyone thinks the best of themselves and to continue to do so they have to put others down and harm them - it's all about power.  Those that do the accusing will not face their own failings, they will blame others for what is wrong with their lives, even their own children or the children of neighbours etc.

The ones doing the so called exorcisms are in effect practicing "black magick" in it's vilest form by fascinating the masses with their "power" to find and gid rid of "witches", it's pure craziness.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users