Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghostbusters: Medium clears haunted house

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,637 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

www.deadlinenews.co.uk said:

REAL-LIFE Ghostbusters have succeeded in banishing unwanted ghosts from a tormented Scots mumís home.

After two failed attempts by a Church of Scotland minister to rid single mum Vicky Dannís Dalkeith home of spooks, the Midlothian Paranormal Investigations (MPI) stepped in to finish the job.

Ms Dann, (40), today spoke of her relief after members of the MPI managed to identify the mystery ghost and send him packing.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,903 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

That's pretty cool.  The fact the family wasn't charged adds some credibility to the group.

#3    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,569 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:00 AM

View PostWickian, on 04 March 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

That's pretty cool.  The fact the family wasn't charged adds some credibility to the group.

How is that?

It was free advertisement.....She charges for readings, I called :)

Here is her site :

http://www.edinburgh...m.com/index.htm

As far as we know, the haunting was faked, the publicity was great.......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#4    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostSakari, on 04 March 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

How is that?

Here is her site :

Contact Me

I'm happy to do readings for parties  of up to five people and will travel by car to your location within the  periphery of Edinburgh. It's human nature to want to have a good time  when you have your friends gathered for a reading. However, I would only  ask that the nature of the work I do is respected at all times.

If anyone would like more  information or a consultation, please call the office between the hours  of 7-8.30pm. I do have an extensive waiting list for readings, however I  will endeavour to get back to you the same day with a suitable  appointment.

Home telephone: 0131 654 0900 / Email: edinburghmedium@hotmail.com

Love 'n' Light! :)

Jackie xxx

Guess that blows this one outta the water  :blush:

Nice work Sakari.

#5    wingyflam

wingyflam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Not sure if i believe this

#6    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,903 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostSakari, on 04 March 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

How is that?

Here is her site :

I stand corrected. Well, I'm sitting right now, so I sit corrected.

#7    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,569 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostWickian, on 05 March 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

I stand corrected. Well, I'm sitting right now, so I sit corrected.

:tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#8    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

I have a question, why is it wrong to pay for a reading or charge for one? Why does it signal people that the person is a fake? I'm really struggling with this concept. Now I do realize that not all are genuine and there are lots of fakes out there but what about the real ones, why would it be wrong?

Thanks,
Gracie.

#9    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

• I tried to enter my favorite quote but the data limit was breached so you get this. Pretty anti-climatic isn't it?

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

Sounds like a great way for a grade schooler and college freshman to play hookey, all the while staying home in a "haunted house", classic poltergeist.

#10    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,569 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostHatch, on 05 March 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

I have a question, why is it wrong to pay for a reading or charge for one? Why does it signal people that the person is a fake? I'm really struggling with this concept. Now I do realize that not all are genuine and there are lots of fakes out there but what about the real ones, why would it be wrong?

Thanks,
Gracie.

Gracie,

Out of respect for you as a person, I have a hard time answering this one to you.

I guess if someone is getting a general reading, and not specifics it is not as bad as someone being specific and telling someone their missing child is dead, and buried under a rock on live television......When weeks later the child is found alive and well........( Sylvia Brown )

I will leave it at that :)

Rob

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#11    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

So if people want to come to you for a reading,you're not allowed to charge for your time and talent ?
So ummmm,does everyone here do what they do for a living,for free ?
Duh.

Miss me?

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

And Sylvia Brown is not ANYONE to give advice.
She absolutely has a gift,and she's milked it into an endless stream of bull**** books ,just to make money .
Call and ask HER how much she charges for just a phone reading,as its about 500USD.
And now she pushes her son on everyone,claiming he too is gifted,but hes only about 300USD .In person,they charge a whole lot more.

Oops !
I was wrong,Slyvia now charges 850USD ,and her son is 500USD.
I believe it's for a half hour at most,but I could be wrong.
http://readings.sylviabrowne.com/

Edited by missymoo999, 05 March 2012 - 06:56 AM.

Miss me?

#13    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

I suppose if people get comfort from a reading then to that person its priceless....i dont believe in it all myself mind..

#14    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

My main takeaway from this story is that the family can live in their home in peace again. If a mother and her two daughters can live without fear in their own home then I'm a big fan of whatever accomplished that whether I believe in it or not :)

#15    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

View PostSakari, on 05 March 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

Gracie,

Out of respect for you as a person, I have a hard time answering this one to you.

I guess if someone is getting a general reading, and not specifics it is not as bad as someone being specific and telling someone their missing child is dead, and buried under a rock on live television......When weeks later the child is found alive and well........( Sylvia Brown )

I will leave it at that :)

Rob

Thank you so much Rob, I appreciate it. I do see what your saying and there should be some sort of money back thingy but what she did was wrong. I personally think there should always be a third party involved with things like lost children. A psychic tells their impressions and the third party checks it out before going to the parents. No one, in any profession is 100%, it's unreasonable to think otherwise. And let's face it, readings are intuitive guesses, we don't know for sure and the person getting the reading is ultimately responsible for their life. Some readers are better than others but everyone has an off day, even the car salesman down the street can't promise the car won't break down... but he still gets his commission. I'm not sure I see much of a difference these days.

Your honesty and gentle nature is so appreciated.

Your Friend,
Gracie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users