Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghostbusters: Medium clears haunted house

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    _Only

_Only

• 6,633 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostHatch, on 05 March 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

I have a question, why is it wrong to pay for a reading or charge for one? Why does it signal people that the person is a fake? I'm really struggling with this concept. Now I do realize that not all are genuine and there are lots of fakes out there but what about the real ones, why would it be wrong?

Thanks,
Gracie.

Because charging for readings would associate you, in people's minds, with every other "psychic", who is only looking to make an easy buck by fooling the weak minded and/or people desperately looking for answers (a type of "psychic" that is saturating popular culture, as well as 1-900 hotlines). If you consider yourself a true spiritual medium, would you feel good about making people think that those charlatans are more credible, due to you practicing the same profession? I think there's a reason that people who really believe they have a gift, and use it to help people, don't make a paying job out of it. The above, plus probably a sense of self pride, and ethics.

But what do I know? I have trouble believing even those who truly believe themselves that they have some kind of spiritual gift, actually have something going on there.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#17    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

View PostJerry Only, on 06 March 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Because charging for readings would associate you, in people's minds, with every other "psychic", who is only looking to make an easy buck by fooling the weak minded and/or people desperately looking for answers (a type of "psychic" that is saturating popular culture, as well as 1-900 hotlines). If you consider yourself a true spiritual medium, would you feel good about making people think that those charlatans are more credible, due to you practicing the same profession? I think there's a reason that people who really believe they have a gift, and use it to help people, don't make a paying job out of it. The above, plus probably a sense of self pride, and ethics.

But what do I know? I have trouble believing even those who truly believe themselves that they have some kind of spiritual gift, actually have something going on there.

I'm so sorry you feel that way. I'd never feel good about making people think "that those charlatans are more credible due to me working the same profession." If you're not getting paid, it's not a profession. I don't make money or ask for it yet because I don't think I'm good enough yet, though others feel I am. I do have my own website but in my opinion you need to be really-really good to ask for money. It matters to me how I feel about it and what others do but I have to be true to myself first. It's not something that a person should take advantage of if they don't have a gift and a strong one. That's an opinion, of course and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm no one's judge. I'd love to make money at it some day but I need more confidence before I can do that. Not actually sure I'll ever get there and that's ok with me but people that do and are good, really good at it are getting painted by the same brush and I just don't see how that's fair. Maybe I'm not seeing it right or I'm mistaken in some way. It might interest you to know that I used to be a skeptic and I'm a conservative woman, not to mention 55 years old. Oh, I don't think people that ask for readings are weak minded either, most just need someone to talk to that have a bit more insight than others and that's all I consider it, a bit more insight.

Gracie.

#18    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostHatch, on 06 March 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

I'm so sorry you feel that way. I'd never feel good about making people think "that those charlatans are more credible due to me working the same profession." If you're not getting paid, it's not a profession. I don't make money or ask for it yet because I don't think I'm good enough yet, though others feel I am. I do have my own website but in my opinion you need to be really-really good to ask for money. It matters to me how I feel about it and what others do but I have to be true to myself first. It's not something that a person should take advantage of if they don't have a gift and a strong one. That's an opinion, of course and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm no one's judge. I'd love to make money at it some day but I need more confidence before I can do that. Not actually sure I'll ever get there and that's ok with me but people that do and are good, really good at it are getting painted by the same brush and I just don't see how that's fair. Maybe I'm not seeing it right or I'm mistaken in some way. It might interest you to know that I used to be a skeptic and I'm a conservative woman, not to mention 55 years old. Oh, I don't think people that ask for readings are weak minded either, most just need someone to talk to that have a bit more insight than others and that's all I consider it, a bit more insight.

Gracie.

Hatch....i do not think you need to explain yourself...in all walks of life,we have people who are inclined to rip off others....if it was in building terms,people would not blink an eyelid.The problem lays at the feet of a governing body..or lack of one in medium terms....

#19    therootsfan

therootsfan

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

View PostBrianPotter, on 06 March 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

Hatch....i do not think you need to explain yourself...in all walks of life,we have people who are inclined to rip off others....if it was in building terms,people would not blink an eyelid.The problem lays at the feet of a governing body..or lack of one in medium terms....

How is a regulatory body supposed to enforce legislation related to this?  The day a so-called psychic proves his or her abilities using scientific methodology is the day hell freezes over.  Such sociopaths who take advantage of vulnerable under-educated naive individuals should get the death penalty just like anyone else who commits fraud for profit. In China they execute drug-dealers because they take advantage of vulnerable people.  These so-called psychics should get the same treatment.

#20    _Only

_Only

• 6,633 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

View Posttherootsfan, on 07 March 2012 - 05:35 AM, said:

How is a regulatory body supposed to enforce legislation related to this?  The day a so-called psychic proves his or her abilities using scientific methodology is the day hell freezes over.  Such sociopaths who take advantage of vulnerable under-educated naive individuals should get the death penalty just like anyone else who commits fraud for profit. In China they execute drug-dealers because they take advantage of vulnerable people.  These so-called psychics should get the same treatment.

Well, I guess it's good that you aren't a judge in Texas.

To think of all the dead fraudulent bodies piling up in the world.

Edited by Jerry Only, 07 March 2012 - 06:24 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#21    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

The charlatans are most certainly immoral because they make dishonest profits off the grief, fears, desperation, and desires of others. I believe they figure they are offering a service to the lonely and brokenhearted, no harm done, except false assurances and their checkbook but the clients always leave feeling better. Their services is to give only what their clients want to hear in effect a placebo for the soul taken down with a teaspoon of sugar.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#22    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

Quite easily...a body run by there own would weed out the unscrupulous ones....

#23    DvL

DvL

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• nunc est bibendum

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

same old bla bla and free commercial time story..  

always ends up that the whole family and friendsgroup is gifted..  

They only take advantage of the weak and desperate...  
Check Shar, Derek Ogilvie etc etc they have to practise in Holland because we have to many of those weak and desperate people.. shame..  

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear.
Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one.
Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
Buddha

He knew were our weaknesses lie...    ;)

Enjoy this life now, don't wait for the next one!

#24    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,145 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#25    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,538 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

US Government ( taxes ), Oil Companies ( no brainer ), 99% of businesses in the US ( minimum wage-low income ), Real estate brokers ( lenders and agents ), Insurance Companies, Internet business ( get rich fast ), Credit card companies...........

It goes on and on......If people like that got the death penalty, wow, just imagine.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#26    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostSakari, on 07 March 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

US Government ( taxes ), Oil Companies ( no brainer ), 99% of businesses in the US ( minimum wage-low income ), Real estate brokers ( lenders and agents ), Insurance Companies, Internet business ( get rich fast ), Credit card companies...........

It goes on and on......If people like that got the death penalty, wow, just imagine.

my thoughts entirely :lol: i think anyone who calls for the murder of great swathes of people under the rationale of applying black and white rules to society's grey areas should definitely get the derp penalty. :lol: or should certainly never be voted in for president of the local knitting club, never mind president of a nation.

#27    tammy2

tammy2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

hi been reading all ur comments and am sorry to say sakria !!! but it was not fake off course she will charge yourself for a reading that is her job what she done for me and my family was not a reading , it was myself that went to the papers not one off them , i had to needed help and didnt know what to do my childrens safety was what was important to me , i didnt know what was going on or what to do you cant imagine what we have been through and still going through it now , we havent got rid off them all there is some still about but they havent harmed us we live day by day in the house its the only way , i do not lie or make up storys neither does my kids , until you have experienced something like this you really have no idea .
     I myself didnt believe my own kids or in ghosts until i tried to prove them wrong and it back fired on me so i do know where most people are coming from when they say its not real , one day myself and the kids hope to be free off all this but until then we are learning to live with it and for the record we are not FAKES !!!!!!!!!!

#28    tammy2

tammy2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

View Posttammy2, on 25 April 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

hi been reading all ur comments and am sorry to say sakria !!! but it was not fake off course she will charge yourself for a reading that is her job what she done for me and my family was not a reading , it was myself that went to the papers not one off them , i had to needed help and didnt know what to do my childrens safety was what was important to me , i didnt know what was going on or what to do you cant imagine what we have been through and still going through it now , we havent got rid off them all there is some still about but they havent harmed us we live day by day in the house its the only way , i do not lie or make up storys neither does my kids , until you have experienced something like this you really have no idea .
     I myself didnt believe my own kids or in ghosts until i tried to prove them wrong and it back fired on me so i do know where most people are coming from when they say its not real , one day myself and the kids hope to be free off all this but until then we are learning to live with it and for the record we are not FAKES !!!!!!!!!!
OH AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKES NO JACKIE NEVER CAME TO ME I LOOKED FOR HER AND SHE DIDNT CHARGE ME BECAUSE IF THEY CHARGE FOR HOUSE CLEARANCE THEY ARE CLASSED AS FAKES , I HAD A LOT OFF PEOPLE EMAILING AND PHONING US SAY THEY WOULD DO IT FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT !!!

#29    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

View Posttammy2, on 25 April 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

OH AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKES NO JACKIE NEVER CAME TO ME I LOOKED FOR HER AND SHE DIDNT CHARGE ME BECAUSE IF THEY CHARGE FOR HOUSE CLEARANCE THEY ARE CLASSED AS FAKES , I HAD A LOT OFF PEOPLE EMAILING AND PHONING US SAY THEY WOULD DO IT FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT !!!

AAAHHH!  Please don't yell!

Posted Image

edited because I'm a dumbass

Edited by coldethyl, 27 April 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#30    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,448 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

I would like to believe it but after reading that other post by Sakari I don't.  I have seen a ghost before so I know they are real but I also know there are some that lie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users