Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Loch Ness Video

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    kdroc12

kdroc12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

I have a video I shot April 11 2010 that shows something in the loch. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get this analyzed.

#2    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postkdroc12, on 04 March 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

I have a video I shot April 11 2010 that shows something in the loch. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get this analyzed.
You dont want to show it here?

#3    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Think he (or she) is trying to find someone considered somewhat respectable to show it to first to have it analyzed, as opposed to just putting it on the net. Who that person might be, though, I can't help you. Maybe someone else can come up with a good direction.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#4    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 04 March 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Think he (or she) is trying to find someone considered somewhat respectable to show it to first to have it analyzed, as opposed to just putting it on the net. Who that person might be, though, I can't help you. Maybe someone else can come up with a good direction.
Maybe it should be in a different forum since its the video itself that needs to be examined not a discussion of its content

#5    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,330 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hello and welcome to UM.

Is it just information you're looking for here, or are you planning to post your video as well for us to see?

Posted Image

#6    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Here :yes:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#7    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 2,208 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hey,

Do you have any intention of posting it here? Or are you just looking for somewhere to get it analyzed?

Can you at least tell us how you think in compares to other claimed Loch Ness Monster footage?

Is it possible you could at least post some stills from the footage?

Tim.

Posted Image

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

I think Nessie is a plesiosaur .Wether there are any left alive now,and in the loch itself.....*sighs*

Miss me?

#9    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,315 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

May I suggest you really need to ensure that your original media is 'locked' (if possible) to ensure that you can always go back to it.  Then, depending on the media (happy to be more specific if you will tell us what camera and media was used), you should get it duplicated and work from an exact copy.

But what do you anticipate an 'analysis' will show?  Given access to the original media, an analysis could confirm that the imagery is unaltered.  Beyond that there are some photogrammetric techniques that may be able to help with sizes and distances and speeds, if the content supports that (it doesn't always..), and it *may* be possible to reveal limited details in dark areas, or to *slightly* sharpen video that is a little out of focus.  But mostly.. the gains from real 'enhancement/analysis' will be very small.

Then about all you can do is talk to knowledgeable (marine) biologists who know the Loch's *known* inhabitants and their behavior, to rule them in or out.

If you just want an analysis that tells you it is definitely/most probably Nessie, I'm sure there are multitudes of *pretenders* who will throw all manner of completely inappropriate techniques at it, like:
- over-enlargement
- over-sharpening
- posterisation
- 'enhancements' like contrast/brightness/saturation adjustments
and give you all sorts of fascinating, and mostly completely useless, results.  All of those techniques are destructive or additive, in other words they falsify detail.  So if you/they know what you want out of the image, you can pretty much have whatever you like...  It's the old "I'll just adjust this Photoshop slider until I get what I want.." technique..

This all applies particularly to compressed (or poor quality/grainy) footage.  That's why you need to keep that original intact - to be honest it is probably already compressed unless you were using some serious gear (and thereby contains some false data already), but at least you will have the best start, as distinct from using a 2nd/3rd/10th gen copy at reduced resolution and compressed for youtube...

If you like, when you are working out who to trust - show them this, and see how they respond.  If they don't acknowledge the issues I've outlined, and instead promise the 'world' - you are being snake-oiled..

I don't do this stuff professionally (and I'm on the other side of the world anyway), but know my way around ... and will be happy to offer a critique of any analysis you may get.  ^_^

As an aside, I trust you have seen this rather funny 'Enhance' video, that sorta says what I am saying...

'..got an image enhancer that will bitmap?..'  I love it!!

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#10    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

View Postmissymoo999, on 05 March 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

I think Nessie is a plesiosaur .Wether there are any left alive now,and in the loch itself.....*sighs*
The loch is a geologically new, ice age creation.  Where would the plesiosaur have been during the iceage and how did it get there after?

#11    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

View Postvitruvian12, on 05 March 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

The loch is a geologically new, ice age creation.  Where would the plesiosaur have been during the iceage and how did it get there after?
It was a science fair project that the Bigfoots had.  They kept a few Nessies as pets and then when the time was right, released them into the Loch.  Seems pretty plausible to me.   :rolleyes:

#12    kdroc12

kdroc12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

This is in real time shot on a canon elph. It is too big a file to post here but you can watch it on the below link! ( I couldn't figure out how to get it posted here). We would like the close up portion enhanced...we have gone through it frame X frame and see something but???  Opinions, thoughts??

Edited by Saru, 05 March 2012 - 04:39 PM.
Fixed video link

#13    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,838 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

kdroc12 said:

It is too big a file to post here but you can watch it on the below link! ( I couldn't figure out how to get it posted here).
I've fixed that for you.

To post a Youtube video all you need to do is paste the URL of the video in to your post and the forum will do the rest. :tu:

#14    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

The wave seems to be moving perpendicular to its length, rather than a V formation something moving might make.  It doesnt look like an object moving towards the camera, more like the front of a slight wave.  It looked like there were other similar rippled areas on the water in one of the wider shots. Did you look closer at any of them? Its the original video as blurry in the zoomed shots or is it just because its on youtube?

#15    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for sharing, that was actually a really neat and very candid seeming video.  Not debunking or being dismissive, but one possibility that jumps to my mind.

1 - a group of large fish or even just one (like a muskie) chasing a school of smaller fish. You'd be suprised how much a 60-120lb fish swimming close to the surface, can cause ripples on a placid lake surface like you had there.

Either way it does appear you taped "something" which is alot more than most of the "evidence" I see.  Certainly fun to look at and abit of a mystery to boot!  (I don't think it's a pleosaur heh.)

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users