Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Doubts about Animal Planet- The Haunted?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    explorer2012

explorer2012

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

I was comparing the Discovery's "Ghost Lab" and Animal Planet's "The Haunted" and the intensity varies greatly between the two.  No one like ever get hurt in Ghost Labs. But in  The Haunted, you have like people/animals getting killed. I do question how legit ,The Haunted is. And why the big difference in intesity? Ghost Lab  just happened to pick mild case and The Haunted focused on extreme ones?

And I also found that in Ghost Lab, there always like a consistent methodology they use which adds the feeling of professionalism.  They like always use EVP and EMF and so on.

But in The Haunted, itís like on and off. Sometimes they use EVP  and EMF and sometimes those things are completely omitted.  This lack of a consistent standard methodology makes me feel unprofessionalism and fakeness.

Itís like sometimes they use exocerism and sometimes they use candles and salt. The EMF isnít even always used.  Itís far from, ďGhostbusterĒ franchise.  Even though thatís fiction but at least thereís the element of a standard scientific methodology.

I do believe in paranormal due to the reminders out there like Alcatraz and U.S.S Constellation.  But the cases in The Haunted just feel inconsistent and lack professionalism.

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,408 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

Ghost Lab (and others like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures) is about one particular investigation group and what they experience whenever they are investigating allegedly haunted places. The Haunted is much like the Discovery Channel's A Haunting in that it's more focused on telling a good scary story. The investigations in each story are going to be as varied as the stories themselves because there aren't any sort of set rules for teams. Everyone kinda does their own thing. I'm sure that if an investigation into any of the stories on The Haunted is exciting in any way, it's kept in the episode; if not, it's edited out. So you're kinda comparing apples and oranges.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#3    Paranormalstate12

Paranormalstate12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• "And If it dont come easily...One thing you must belive...you can always have trust in me...'cause my heart will always be..yours honestly"

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:12 AM

I am familiar with the haunted. I do belive paranormal activity can happen in anybody's home but I think with shows like these, they stretch things out and add stuff in that didnt really happen to keep us intreged with he show. But yes. Some of the things that happen as in voices, footsteps and pAranormal/animal interaction.

Edited by Paranormalstate12, 06 March 2012 - 05:15 AM.

~Aly AKA Jumpy <3333333

#4    explorer2012

explorer2012

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

actually i took a closer look at The Haunted.  it saids that its docudrama which mean its basically story plus fiction formula.  so its a big fake.  i originally saw it under documentary section on netflix which has factual documentary alongside it so it was misleading.  <_<

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,408 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

The definition of a docudrama is that it's a documentary-style program with aspects of the stories which are re-inacted.

#6    explorer2012

explorer2012

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

it is defined as being based on narrative and fiction and i would leave it at leave.  you interpret it as you want based on that.

#7    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,408 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

I'm not interpreting anything. I merely conveyed a definition. If you don't want to split hairs, you shouldn't have started the discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users