Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

can anyone tell me what I saw?


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    GIJOE55

GIJOE55

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined:05 Mar 2012

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

when I was stationed in Iraq I saw some creature I dont know exactly how to classify it but it was about four feet tall and had long arms a very pronounced jaw light tan hair that was very long and thin over its whole body and its head in the back went to a point I was on a patrol outside of Mosul it was about 3:00am I was wearing night vision goggles and had a ibis tek light bar spot light that lit up everything as if it were daylight.I am very confident that I saw a real creature like I said I cant classify it nessesarly but because of what I saw and my company commander saw and our gunner saw that night I beleive there are things in this world not yet known by human kind


#2    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,706 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

AWWW snap, call in taylor!!

Sorry GI, you probably don't know who that is being a newbie, but I couldn't resist the tease.

I dunno, perhaps you saw some sort of canine? Or sadly enough, maybe a human that was kind of deformed?

Welcome to the boards!!


#3    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Joined:15 May 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

"light tan hair"

You get colors with night vision gear now?


#4    Mike G

Mike G

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

Apes in the desert?

Posted Image

#5    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 16,848 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

Was it maybe a Baboon? Baboons are not native to the area, but I've heard that some Islamic nations like to keep baboons as pets.

Did it have a tail? Was it clearly an ape or primate?

There is also the Rhesus Macaque. It is native to Afghanistan and has light tan hair. But it only gets to about 2 feet tall, not 4 feet tall. Could you have been off that much in height?

Edited by DieChecker, 06 March 2012 - 12:36 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#6    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 11,973 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostPersonFromPorlock, on 05 March 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

"light tan hair"

You get colors with night vision gear now?



deleted my slam dunk reply.......After further replies, I did not get the " ibis tek light bar spot light that lit up everything" ......I also had night vision on the mind.

Now, I will go with die on this one.

Edited by Sakari, 06 March 2012 - 01:48 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#7    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,706 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

I thought night goggles was green too... But since I have no idea what an ibis tek light is... I kind of figured maybe it lights stuff up to regular spectrum? I was figuring this off of seeing footage of stuff in night vision with some regular lighting and it looks more normal. Not regular normal, but more can tell light colored hair from dark colored hair.
Then again, I'm red/green color blind so pretty much everything under night vision looks like either tanish or blackish hair to me :)

I think Die might have something there with the baboon. I would describe it with light tan hair with night vision, if only because it wouldn't look like it has dark hair.


#8    Habitat

Habitat

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,387 posts
  • Joined:07 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

Not sure why the light tan hair is getting everyone excited, he put a spotlight on it, no night vision goggles required at that stage.  :rolleyes:


#9    wittyusernamefailed

wittyusernamefailed

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Still in frikkin kansas toto.

  • "Well, this is gonna be a wipe"

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

Total lack of knowledge of punctuation, purported military background, vague experience stories with no real backup... Mein Gott!!! It's Elite1974 all over again!!! You probably just saw a girl, I mean who knows what they have evoled to look like under those Burkas?


#10    Habitat

Habitat

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,387 posts
  • Joined:07 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

Most likely answer to OP's question is "we may never know".


#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,318 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

There was a zoo in Mosul was there not?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#12    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

    SandersonHapgood

  • Banned
  • 3,491 posts
  • Joined:23 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostGIJOE55, on 05 March 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

when I was stationed in Iraq I saw some creature I dont know exactly how to classify it but it was about four feet tall and had long arms a very pronounced jaw light tan hair that was very long and thin over its whole body and its head in the back went to a point I was on a patrol outside of Mosul it was about 3:00am I was wearing night vision goggles and had a ibis tek light bar spot light that lit up everything as if it were daylight.I am very confident that I saw a real creature like I said I cant classify it nessesarly but because of what I saw and my company commander saw and our gunner saw that night I beleive there are things in this world not yet known by human kind
Thanks for the post and a great detailed account. You're not the first military personnnel to see mystery creatures when in a combat zone. It's just as you say imv. You say that there are "things in this world not yet known by human kind" and I totally agree. Why not take a look at some concrete evidence that relates to the Sumatran Orang Pendek, or "short man" which has had several professional scientific expeditions to prove it's existence. I just got an email from the editor of the BBC magazine 'Focus', who was delighted with the information updates. A hair sample from the 2001 expedition has been matched with a rock hyrax. The evidence is pointing towards a giant hyrax which is smart enough to mimick an orangutan in order to stay aloof and undetected. Here's the link to Extreme Expeditions facebook page. Take a close look at the Feburary 4th entry and compare the report photos with the ventral hairs of the hyrax.

All the best for the future.

Edited by tailormaneinafog, 06 March 2012 - 02:07 PM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#13    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

    SandersonHapgood

  • Banned
  • 3,491 posts
  • Joined:23 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 06 March 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Thanks for the post and a great detailed account. You're not the first military personnnel to see mystery creatures when in a combat zone. It's just as you say imv. You say that there are "things in this world not yet known by human kind" and I totally agree. Why not take a look at some concrete evidence that relates to the Sumatran Orang Pendek, or "short man" which has had several professional scientific expeditions to prove it's existence. I just got an email from the editor of the BBC magazine 'Focus', who was delighted with the information updates. A hair sample from the 2001 expedition has been matched with a rock hyrax. The evidence is pointing towards a giant hyrax which is smart enough to mimick an orangutan in order to stay aloof and undetected. Here's the link to Extreme Expeditions facebook page. Take a close look at the Feburary 4th entry and compare the report photos with the ventral hairs of the hyrax.

All the best for the future.
I forgot to mention this very similar eye-witness account which features in the Guardian newspaper article Have we found evidence of the elusive orang pendek?

Quote

Before team one left, our guide Sahar introduced us to an eyewitness called Pak Entis, who claims to have seen an orang pendek in the garden area in April. He described it as around three feet tall but with massive shoulders and chest. He pointed to a piece of washing on a line to indicate the colour of its hair a mid-tan. It had an ape-like face and walked upright on two legs while swinging its arms. Upon noticing Pak Entis it became alarmed and raised its hands above its head uttering a "hoo-hoo" sound and moved quickly away. It was in view for around a minute.


The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#14    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,837 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The sixth circle

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 06 March 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

A hair sample from the 2001 expedition has been matched with a rock hyrax. The evidence is pointing towards a giant hyrax which is smart enough to mimick an orangutan in order to stay aloof and undetected. Here's the link to Extreme Expeditions facebook page. Take a close look at the Feburary 4th entry and compare the report photos with the ventral hairs of the hyrax.

All the best for the future.
Is that your evidence? Comparing a picture?


#15    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts
  • Joined:07 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Probably just another GI.  Our military sure has lowered its standards.  First women.... Now slack-jawed hairy midgets.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users