Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S. Government Is Too Big to Succeed

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

www.theatlantic.com said:

America has painted itself into a corner.  The nation is faced with trillion-dollar deficits, but most political leaders are unwilling to propose real solutions for fear of alienating voters who want it all.Special interests maintain a death grip on the status quo, making it hard to fix things that everyone agrees are broken.

Posted Image Read more...

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Unstoppable force meets immovable object.  I predict violent annihilation of the status quo.  I wonder what things will look like after the explosion...

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

As to whether or not the US government has, can or will succeed, that depends upon one's perspective.

For example, from the perspective of a war profiteer, it has succeeded beyond one's wildest dreams, and yes, "Mission Accomplished" was a truthful statement.  :ph34r:

#4    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

I am ready for the USA government to fail, to be cleaned up and to get back to the original government.
This country won't die because the morphed government we now have fails. The country is OF THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE. As long as there are people, this country will remain.

That is why I do not boohoo about illegal immigrants. Let them come. Their influx taxes our government and keeps them off balance.

I just do not feel respectful of our current government and want it to fail, merely for purification purposes so that we can get our American liberties back.

The terrorist didn't remove our Constitutional Rights. The USA government did it. The USA government, from that outlook, are the terrorist.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,285 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Well guys, in a democracy all people get the government they deserve.

If the general interest of the public is such that less than 30% of those eligible register to vote and only 55% of those actually do so nobody should be surprised that the government runs off with them. If the public cannot discern between a broken system and their own role in it (best example 8% approve of Congress but 55% approve of their Congressman/woman) there is nothing that will fix it.

Changing the puppet at the top leads nowhere.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

I agree in general terms that the people get the government they deserve.  But we know that cause & effect relationships are seldom black and white.

Ike was not joking around in 1961 with his Farewell Address.  And while the US citizenry is certainly lazy and oblivious, it is also true that they have been grossly propagandized and misinformed over several generations now, by behind-the-scenes men and organizations that benefit from the status quo.

So there is plenty of blame to go around for the mess we're in.

Regeneratia

I agree with everything you say there, especially your last sentence.

I would remind you that the country which we love so much, and the government of that country, are 2 distinct and separate entities, and that as George Washington noted, government is like fire--a useful servant, but a fearsome master.

I always avoid conflating the two entities in conversation.  :rolleyes:

#7    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

View Postand then, on 06 March 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Unstoppable force meets immovable object.  I predict violent annihilation of the status quo.  I wonder what things will look like after the explosion...

It'll happen alright. Sooner rather than later.

I suppose we could always sell off Hawaii and Alaska. That might put us in the clear.

#8    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,022 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

View Postand then, on 06 March 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Probably like a fascist police state.  1984.

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 06 March 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

I am ready for the USA government to fail, to be cleaned up and to get back to the original government.
This country won't die because the morphed government we now have fails. The country is OF THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE. As long as there are people, this country will remain.

That is why I do not boohoo about illegal immigrants. Let them come. Their influx taxes our government and keeps them off balance.

I just do not feel respectful of our current government and want it to fail, merely for purification purposes so that we can get our American liberties back.

The terrorist didn't remove our Constitutional Rights. The USA government did it. The USA government, from that outlook, are the terrorist.
Has it occurred to you that things might get worse instead of better?  Government is the perfect example of entropy in action.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#10    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 06 March 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

You get it. I hope more do. Don't advertise too much. Pick your battle ground wisely. Stealth and low key, just remember

Robbie James

#11    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,827 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Personaly I fear its just too late for America. Thinking things will somehow get better in the middle of this designed ecomonic collapse is wishful thinking at best. This isnt all for nothing. There goal is globalism. One world economy, one world government. Its gonna be hard for people to revolt, when they dont have enough to eat. By the time they are done with this place, most people will be beging for any solution that brings food back to the table.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#12    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

We can hope that the government is replaced by one that is justifiable, true, and pure.

But with the things government's deal with on a daily basis, this can never be one hundred percent pure.

There will always be a degree of malevolence through military actions the government, via the military must commit for domestic security.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#13    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostRobbie333, on 10 March 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

You get it. I hope more do. Don't advertise too much. Pick your battle ground wisely. Stealth and low key, just remember

This is the book to read
http://www.powells.c...blio/0312863551

Gives you a good anatomy of a revolution, and shows how it can be done with success.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema

#14    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 06 March 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I agree in general terms that the people get the government they deserve.  But we know that cause & effect relationships are seldom black and white.

Ike was not joking around in 1961 with his Farewell Address.  And while the US citizenry is certainly lazy and oblivious, it is also true that they have been grossly propagandized and misinformed over several generations now, by behind-the-scenes men and organizations that benefit from the status quo.

So there is plenty of blame to go around for the mess we're in.

Regeneratia

I agree with everything you say there, especially your last sentence.

I would remind you that the country which we love so much, and the government of that country, are 2 distinct and separate entities, and that as George Washington noted, government is like fire--a useful servant, but a fearsome master.

I always avoid conflating the two entities in conversation.  :rolleyes:

Heinlein addresses this issue quite well. It is worth speeding thru http://www.powells.c...blio/0312863551 and this http://www.powells.c...isbn=0671577808

Professor Hilton Hotema

#15    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

I am a huge fan of Robert Heinlein, though it has been years since I've read any of his books.  Back in the 70s & 80s probably read a dozen or more.  :yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users