Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Past Life?

8Bit

Before I delve into my experience...

How does one know they had just experienced an episode of their past life? How does it feel? Basically, how do you differentiate a dream/day dream/hallucination from a past life...? Do you even dream or do you just know? Do things trigger past life memories?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VonMagnum

• spud the mackem

• Simbi Laveau

• 8Bit

Before I delve into my experience...

How does one know they had just experienced an episode of their past life? How does it feel? Basically, how do you differentiate a dream/day dream/hallucination from a past life...? Do you even dream or do you just know? Do things trigger past life memories?

Hi y'all,good question.In my past life I was a "powder monkey" on Lord Nelson's flagship,H.M.S.Victory,this came to me one day out of the blue,so I went down to see the Victory with my wife and had the guided tour,by a young Naval Rating,the thing was without having been there before,I knew more than the lad giving the tour,like where everything was etc.Anyway we came off and found a list of crew on a plinth giving all the names and ranks of the seaman aboard at the time of the Battle of Trafalger,and there I found my family name and rank as a boy seaman...Killed on duty,Is that weird ???

In dreams,its hard to tell.It all seems familiar ,and very vivid.

I cannot always tell from my own,if they are definitively from a past life.Just something about the tale told,is what might clue you in.

When you're awake,its basically deja vu.

That weird ,wow,haven't I done this before. Some theories of time,are that it coexists.

We allegedly live past present and future ,simultaneously .

Not sure if that's true ,although in various episodes of Red Dwarf,it is . ^_^

The only thing I can tell you is that I normally know dreams from other memories because I wake up from dreams if I dream and don't wake up, I don't remember anything or almost nothing at all. My own "past life memories" (for want of a better explanation) are "just there" like a memory implant like from that movie Total Recall or something because it's just like any other memory from something distant in the past, except that it's out of place/time with my childhood, etc. It's like I remember this and that, but I don't remember WHEN I did it. All I know is that in this life I can remember clear back to coming from the hospital at two weeks old (I was born almost two months premature so I was there for two weeks). That first memory of coming home in the car feels exactly like my past life memories feel...kind of detached like there's blanks between bits of memory (i.e. I remember a few minutes in that car as real as rain and I can describe everything I felt/thought and saw during those few minutes but then what happens next, I don't remember until the next disjointed memory that was apparently a few months later, etc. There's no "linear feel" to my earliest childhood memories and yet because of some things that changed at my grandmother's house within a year of my first year of life, etc. and no photos to compare, etc., I can VERIFY that those are REAL memories by asking my parents about the details of it all. They MATCH exactly so I know it wasn't a dream.

Similarly, the memories I have from the Middle Ages (circa 1550 +/- 3-5 years) are detailed enough in regards to the conversation I was having and whom I was having it with that I could actually look up everything I knew in Google decades later and see if I could find a match. Because the person was a princess that I talked to and because I remembered her name, I found ONE match only and then I could then look for historical data to corroborate my memories. The specific encounter I remember so clearly is not in the history books, but the things we talked about match EXACTLY what happened. The details I remember so distinctly about my relationship with this person match history too well for it to be a complete coincidence. I didn't study British history of this period at all in school since I went to college while I was still in high school. Is that absolute proof to me? No, there could be another explanation. Maybe I just don't remember having that dream (seems unlikely considering how I can normally easily tell the difference, but I suppose nothing is impossible). Maybe I channeled a dream from somewhere (Edgar Casey comes to mind). Maybe it's just an extremely weird coincidence. My memories aren't extensive enough to convince myself it was all real.

Other signs are there, though. I learned at an incredibly fast rate as a child. I never had to study until college when I took something that didn't exist back in that time (i.e. electronic engineering) and I could speak in full sentences before age 1 and read at the high school level in 2nd grade. Just IQ? Maybe, but I had this strange dream a week before my niece was born where she told me (as she looks now) that many people thought to be geniuses or prodigies in this world are simply reincarnates that re-learn quickly something they learned in a previous life and so they are extremely good at it in this one (your subconscious remembers the skill and picks it up VERY quickly again and you can then excel from there; hence children that can play piano by ear at only a few years old while others just bang on keys and couldn't play their way out of a paper bag until MUCH MUCH older even with a lot of lessons early on). Maybe that dream was bologna too (they did have a girl, though and they thought they were getting a boy; she looks just as I saw in the dream as this point as far as I can remember, but that's hearsay on the Net, right? I don't really expect people to believe me. I'm simply sharing my experiences on here. I don't take 100% stock in them myself since there's always other possibilities. Hell, I don't know 100% that I"m not in some virtual simulation of Earth ala The Matrix for that matter. Nothing seems absolute and if you think about it, a Matrix-like environment makes things like UFOs, etc. all the moral plausible. Whomever is controlling the simulation could likely set it up any way they like. Paranoia? Yeah. It makes you think about more possibilities in this world than just "Big Bangs" and evolution, though because on some level we know it IS possible to create such virtual realities HERE given enough technology (100 years from now it'd likely be more than possible and imagine a race that had such technology from thousands or even tens of thousands of years or more).

Anyway, all I'm really saying is that some of us are more open to such possibilities than others because of our own seemingly abnormal experiences. I've had other strange experiences (detailed elsewhere on this site) and so I find it all rather fascinating.

Thanks a bunch you guys, it's really cleared up that I really don't think what I had was some past life experience but more of an incredibly vivid dream. I suppose it's best to tell you anyway and you can be the judge, however I feel you'd all agree with me.

I remember being in ancient Greece or Rome (more so on the Greece side of things). I know there was an irrigation system, and the walkways were fairly clean. The air was very crisp and clean, I cannot explain it properly. Its similar to when you're not near population..? Where the air is incredibly fresh? And I remember looking into the sky at a big fire ball, assumingly the sun. But a woman in front of me whom I assumed was some mutual acquaintance looked at me in worry. And I felt a big sense of dread.. Everything was incredibly quiet and no bird even made a sound. The only noise was the rushing water? I think I was female, either middle or upper class. Young early 20's.

Agh sorry everything is so jumbled. I might be missing things..

Edited by 8Bit

See I dont remember things outright.Im jealous..!

But I have odd things happen to me,when im in places I've been before.

I have massive ones in Japan.The first time I went,I was in Kyoto,in the palace of the Emperor.

Its not open to the public anymore,bit at the time,they had wax figures,depicting scenes in the rooms,during daily life.

And in one room,I experienced bizarre deja vu,where I actually saw things happening in the room.

And I know I was there when these things occurred.

The figures were there,but it was as if a movie was playing over it.

I rarely tell people this story,as it is odd,but I had to walk outside,and sit on the ground with my head between my legs,trying to steady myself.I was severely unnerved.

I have never had another experience like this before,or since .

I do however,dream of places I know I have never been,and they are so vivid,I remember them years later,and then...years after the dream,I go to the place I saw,in the dream,and these places are always in Japan.

When I have these dreams,I know these places are in Japan,and I haven't been to them yet.

I have other odd things happen to me when im there as well.Im quite sure I've lived there many times,long before the Meiji restoration.

I think I've been in china ,and Egypt too,but I haven't been to either yet,but i think so.

Some places and times,i just feel it.

I think i was in olde Hollywood,during the flapper era.Im pretty sure i was murdered too,but i dont remember anything outright,its just .....like a lost memory I cannot quite put my finger on ....

Edited by missymoo999

See I dont remember things outright.Im jealous..!

But I have odd things happen to me,when im in places I've been before.

I have massive ones in Japan.The first time I went,I was in Kyoto,in the palace of the Emperor.

Its not open to the public anymore,bit at the time,they had wax figures,depicting scenes in the rooms,during daily life.

And in one room,I experienced bizarre deja vu,where I actually saw things happening in the room.

And I know I was there when these things occurred.

The figures were there,but it was as if a movie was playing over it.

I rarely tell people this story,as it is odd,but I had to walk outside,and sit on the ground with my head between my legs,trying to steady myself.I was severely unnerved.

I have never had another experience like this before,or since .

I do however,dream of places I know I have never been,and they are so vivid,I remember them years later,and then...years after the dream,I go to the place I saw,in the dream,and these places are always in Japan.

When I have these dreams,I know these places are in Japan,and I haven't been to them yet.

I have other odd things happen to me when im there as well.Im quite sure I've lived there many times,long before the Meiji restoration.

I think I've been in china ,and Egypt too,but I haven't been to either yet,but i think so.

Some places and times,i just feel it.

I think i was in olde Hollywood,during the flapper era.Im pretty sure i was murdered too,but i dont remember anything outright,its just .....like a lost memory I cannot quite put my finger on ....

Hi,I am inclined to believe you,as I have been to places where I felt that I had been before,its an incredible feeling and sometimes pretty scary,knowing back streets in a strange city that you have never before visited.cheers.

I've read or watched on tv about accounts of past lives being discovered by exactly that method. The one that most comes to mind was on a show on some cable channel (History?) and the guy was visiting one of the civil war battlefields (Gettysburg, I think) and he had some kind of experience where it felt familiar and what not and I don't recall all the details of what made him look up this soldier, but the guy looks almost exactly like him! That is a new one on me. I don't know how someone could look like someone in a past life given the genetic variances. I could believe someone dying their hair or changing their appearance to be more like someone they were before, but these two guys could have almost have been twins. Other strange things were that when he reached the age that this guy was shot in battle, he got a really bad pain in his body where the bullet went (like some kind of odd time-warp phantom pain thing). I really can't remember all the strange details, but that got me thinking that I should visit certain locations in England like the Tower of London and Kenilworth Castle and see if anything is "jogged" by actually being there (photos don't seem to do it).

I personally have had several instances of deja vu throughout my life, but it was never in a feeling of a "past life" or anything. It just always went along the lines of having the same exact conversation with someone before, someone would be saying something and then it would just trigger the sensation for me...as if I've said the same exact words with them before.

As for the "past life" phenomenon, I've never experienced anything of the sort to believe that I lived as someone else in the past or some such. There are occasionally moments where I suddenly feel "euphoric" whenever I come across certain houses out in the country side or see them in pictures or movies that always gets me moving in that strange sorta way, but that's just me waxing nostalgic for my childhood home.

I get dejavu a lot, I often think 'I've dreamt about this before' or 'I've seen this recently, but not today' Sorta stuff, but I don't think it's past life stuff :)

The only thing I can tell you is that I normally know dreams from other memories because I wake up from dreams if I dream and don't wake up, I don't remember anything or almost nothing at all. My own "past life memories" (for want of a better explanation) are "just there" like a memory implant like from that movie Total Recall or something because it's just like any other memory from something distant in the past, except that it's out of place/time with my childhood, etc. It's like I remember this and that, but I don't remember WHEN I did it. All I know is that in this life I can remember clear back to coming from the hospital at two weeks old (I was born almost two months premature so I was there for two weeks). That first memory of coming home in the car feels exactly like my past life memories feel...kind of detached like there's blanks between bits of memory (i.e. I remember a few minutes in that car as real as rain and I can describe everything I felt/thought and saw during those few minutes but then what happens next, I don't remember until the next disjointed memory that was apparently a few months later, etc. There's no "linear feel" to my earliest childhood memories and yet because of some things that changed at my grandmother's house within a year of my first year of life, etc. and no photos to compare, etc., I can VERIFY that those are REAL memories by asking my parents about the details of it all. They MATCH exactly so I know it wasn't a dream.

Similarly, the memories I have from the Middle Ages (circa 1550 +/- 3-5 years) are detailed enough in regards to the conversation I was having and whom I was having it with that I could actually look up everything I knew in Google decades later and see if I could find a match. Because the person was a princess that I talked to and because I remembered her name, I found ONE match only and then I could then look for historical data to corroborate my memories. The specific encounter I remember so clearly is not in the history books, but the things we talked about match EXACTLY what happened. The details I remember so distinctly about my relationship with this person match history too well for it to be a complete coincidence. I didn't study British history of this period at all in school since I went to college while I was still in high school. Is that absolute proof to me? No, there could be another explanation. Maybe I just don't remember having that dream (seems unlikely considering how I can normally easily tell the difference, but I suppose nothing is impossible). Maybe I channeled a dream from somewhere (Edgar Casey comes to mind). Maybe it's just an extremely weird coincidence. My memories aren't extensive enough to convince myself it was all real.

Other signs are there, though. I learned at an incredibly fast rate as a child. I never had to study until college when I took something that didn't exist back in that time (i.e. electronic engineering) and I could speak in full sentences before age 1 and read at the high school level in 2nd grade. Just IQ? Maybe, but I had this strange dream a week before my niece was born where she told me (as she looks now) that many people thought to be geniuses or prodigies in this world are simply reincarnates that re-learn quickly something they learned in a previous life and so they are extremely good at it in this one (your subconscious remembers the skill and picks it up VERY quickly again and you can then excel from there; hence children that can play piano by ear at only a few years old while others just bang on keys and couldn't play their way out of a paper bag until MUCH MUCH older even with a lot of lessons early on). Maybe that dream was bologna too (they did have a girl, though and they thought they were getting a boy; she looks just as I saw in the dream as this point as far as I can remember, but that's hearsay on the Net, right? I don't really expect people to believe me. I'm simply sharing my experiences on here. I don't take 100% stock in them myself since there's always other possibilities. Hell, I don't know 100% that I"m not in some virtual simulation of Earth ala The Matrix for that matter. Nothing seems absolute and if you think about it, a Matrix-like environment makes things like UFOs, etc. all the moral plausible. Whomever is controlling the simulation could likely set it up any way they like. Paranoia? Yeah. It makes you think about more possibilities in this world than just "Big Bangs" and evolution, though because on some level we know it IS possible to create such virtual realities HERE given enough technology (100 years from now it'd likely be more than possible and imagine a race that had such technology from thousands or even tens of thousands of years or more).

Anyway, all I'm really saying is that some of us are more open to such possibilities than others because of our own seemingly abnormal experiences. I've had other strange experiences (detailed elsewhere on this site) and so I find it all rather fascinating.

I'd have very good experience with regression to past lives. I've had few sessions with a Hypnotherapist here in London.

At the beginning I didn't know what to think, but having had it few times, I know believe we have lived before. I can tell you I saw myself living numerous lives in different times. Having different jobs, being man, woman. My lives: 1) just before this present life, I lived in Holland, I was wearing hippy clothing (it was the 60's), I was a photographer and died drown. 2) man, living in London, 1752 approx, wearing white wig, worked in a newspaper printing press 3) man, soldier in France, cover with metal armour, carring a heavy spade in a battle field, lots of dead men, sweet blood smell 4) english young man, but living in the south of France, played the hapsichord, married the woman that is my wife today 5) woman, time, not sure, old times, housewife in one of the soviet union countries. Really fascinating stuff.

That hypnotherapist doesn't charge much I have to tell you. Have skype, otherwise can guide you over the phone. I know she is building website her name Isabel Hunt.

Im afraid to do a regression,as im pretty sure I've seen some bad stuff.

I dont want to remember.

There is a difference between memory,dreams,and "flash backs" to a different past.When this flash back happened to me I was fully awake and concious,just relaxing in a chair at home,then suddenly I was aboard a ship of the line at sea in a battle,terrified.Then I came back to normal.The clock showed 40 minutes had passed,but I've never experienced anything since.It was not a dream and I didnt dose off as I was aware of my surroundings at home.Scary.

Yeah, I don't trust hypnosis as I'm afraid I'd be making stuff up (my brain is incredibly creative). I'm not sure I could even be hypnotized. I now know too much about Elizabethan England to trust any data that would come up.

• 1 month later...

Everyone has a past life and a life after death. When you get a De Ja Vu [ however it is spelt ] it is something you did or have been in your past life. I get De Ja Vus in the woods..

My deja vu experiences are always about the life I'm living, not some other life. So unless we live lives across the Rosenberg bridge (slight differences each time), I tend to think they're something else. Lately, I get the feeling it's similarities in dreams I've had, but can't fully remember. They say we dream every night, but often don't remember most or even all of them because they don't encode properly to long-term memory. But when a certain situation trips off the RNA sequence of a partially encoded memory by accident, you'll get that eerie sensation of remembering something similar, but you can't fully remember it because it's not encoded right and at least for me, the eerie feeling part stops and I can't remember anything more. But for a few seconds I can pull some more details out from the memory, but it's usually too little. Sometimes, I remember what happens next (pre-cognition feeling), but it NEVER happens. So either it is from a similar dream or a similar situation in an otherwise nearly identical life that for whatever reason goes differently this time around.

de javu amazings things :D

one time i downloaded album for a band just after few days of release

and when i started the song i was singing the lyrics before the vocalist started :D

it happens alot and i think lot of people experinced it