Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Bin Laden was not buried at sea,

• Please log in to reply
780 replies to this topic

#346    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,301 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Nobody here knows for 100 percent that OBL was buried at sea.   All we can do is take the GOV's trustworthy word for it.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#347    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

• "If you can't say something nice, be creative."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

A black helicopter hovered over my suburban home and dropped a bundled, body-bagged mass on the front lawn. An attached note, pinned to a ten dollar bill(US) said, "Bury as you will." So I did. Who was it? I don't know. But Ma says the flower bed is going great guns this Spring. And that tenner was good for the latest paperback translation of that thar "Kore-On."

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#348    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

View Postacidhead, on 14 May 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Nobody here knows for 100 percent that OBL was buried at sea.   All we can do is take the GOV's trustworthy word for it.

Where is Osama bin Laden? Apparently, al-Qaeda has confirmed his death which explains why we have had news articles such as this.

Al-Qaeda's remaining leaders

The killing of Osama Bin Laden and other al-Qaeda leaders has led to new leaders emerging. The BBC profiles some of the most prominent names. Ayman al-Zawahiri, an eye surgeon who helped found the Egyptian militant group Islamic Jihad, was named as the new leader of al-Qaeda on 16 June 2011, a few weeks after Bin Laden's death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...h-asia-11489337

The news article above explains why we have the news article below.

Al Qaeda Confirms Bin Laden’s Death

Al Qaeda released a statement on militant Web sites Friday confirming the death of Osama bin Laden, according to the SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors jihadi Web sites. The lengthy statement, dated May 3 and signed by Al Qaeda’s General Command, warned of new attacks and called on the Pakistani people to rebel against their government to protest its relations with the United States.

http://www.nytimes.c...qaeda.html?_r=0

Which explains this calling card left behind by Navy SEALs.

Posted Image

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#349    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,999 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Jeez, I never knew it until now, but I love you Sky!

That picture you posted of the French helicopter hovering shows an SA-342, the military version of the Gazelle.  I owned SA 341 civilian Gazelle.  Great helicopter, but poor hover performance was its weak point.

Notice the very vague similarities between the tail of that ship and the piece displayed at Abbottabad.  No enclosed 'fenestron' tail rotor like the Gazelle, but somewhat similar in lines and shape.

Now, if you were really honest and certain of your position on this, you would show a picture of the tail of a UH-60 as flown by the US military.  But you won't, because such a picture would reveal the vast DISsimilarity between that and the Abbottabad piece.

Thanks for the memories Sky.  Back in the 70's the Gazelle was the fastest production helicopter in the world.  It held that position until Agusta 109 series came along.  Ours was actually certified for IFR flight.

#350    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 14 May 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Jeez, I never knew it until now, but I love you Sky!

That picture you posted of the French helicopter hovering shows an SA-342, the military version of the Gazelle.  I owned SA 341 civilian Gazelle.  Great helicopter, but poor hover performance was its weak point.

Notice the very vague similarities between the tail of that ship and the piece displayed at Abbottabad.  No enclosed 'fenestron' tail rotor like the Gazelle, but somewhat similar in lines and shape.

There are no similarities. The French helicopter does not have the huge shroud as the  Abbottabad helicopter.

Now, if you were really honest and certain of your position on this, you would show a picture of the tail of a UH-60 as flown by the US military.  But you won't, because such a picture would reveal the vast DISsimilarity between that and the Abbottabad piece.

I wouldn't go that far because:

Posted Image

We not only overhauled helicopters of the Air Force and Army, but perform modifications as well and modifications are performed as needed depending upon a particular mission. Dissimilarities are nothing new because when the need arises, you modify as needed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for the memories Sky.  Back in the 70's the Gazelle was the fastest production helicopter in the world.  It held that position until Agusta 109 series came along.  Ours was actually certified for IFR flight.

You are welcome!

#351    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,999 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for the good pics Sky.

What similarities do you see between the Abbottabad piece and the tail section of the Blackhawk in flight?

None, because they are not even related.

The ships with the shrouded tails never worked out right.  Note the "N" number, as they were UT Sikorsky experimental ships.  As I recall the goal was enhanced forward speed, which I'm sure they achieved.  But complexity and poor hover performance were the downside.  The military never bought any and the project was abandoned.  Now Sikorsky has flown its coaxial design with tail thruster and achieved 250kts in level flight.  Still experimental.

Now, if you can just find a picture of an operational ship that would match up with that Abbottabad piece.  :whistle:

#352    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 14 May 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Thanks for the good pics Sky.

What similarities do you see between the Abbottabad piece and the tail section of the Blackhawk in flight?

As far as the tail rotors are concerned, there are none because the Abbottabad helicopters were designed for a particular special operation.

The ships with the shrouded tails never worked out right.  Note the "N" number, as they were UT Sikorsky experimental ships.  As I recall the goal was enhanced forward speed, which I'm sure they achieved.  But complexity and poor hover performance were the downside.  The military never bought any and the project was abandoned.  Now Sikorsky has flown its coaxial design with tail thruster and achieved 250kts in level flight.  Still experimental.

Now, if you can just find a picture of an operational ship that would match up with that Abbottabad piece.  :whistle:

Why would the Army disclose its treasured secrets on the Internet when those top secret helicopters are still in operation? After all, there was a very good reason why the SEALs blew up the downed copter at bin Laden's residence.

Edited by skyeagle409, 14 May 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#353    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,718 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

Look a little closer to the Black hawk in the back ground BAbe ! THe Horizonial stabilizer look familiar with the addition of the silent rotor? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#354    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,999 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

There is no such thing as a silent rotor Don, tail rotor or main rotor.  Helicopters are notoriously loud, and depending upon design, the tail rotor often makes more noise than the main rotor.

The other highly irregular detail of that Abbottabad piece is that none of the tail rotor blades are damaged.  That is extremely unusual and unlikely for a crashed helicopter.  The tail rotor is turn about 2000 RPM in normal operation.  With conventional tail rotor systems, contact with the ground almost always involves the TR, and it is severely damaged.

That piece was brought in as part of the story and theatrics.  It's not off a Blackhawk.

#355    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 15 May 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

There is no such thing as a silent rotor Don, tail rotor or main rotor.  Helicopters are notoriously loud, and depending upon design, the tail rotor often makes more noise than the main rotor.
]

But, tail rotors can be modified to reduce noise.

The other highly irregular detail of that Abbottabad piece is that none of the tail rotor blades are damaged.  That is extremely unusual and unlikely for a crashed helicopter.

You might want to take a closer look because I see a broken tail rotor blade and pieces of that blade lying on the ground.

#356    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,999 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

I've taken a closer look Sky, and only 1 blade of 5 is touching the ground, impaled, as though the entire assembly were dropped.  The other 4 blades, the ones we can see, are completely intact, demonstrating that they were NOT turning when ground contact was made.  It is nothing more than a stage prop.

Turning tail rotors rather self-destruct when they touch the ground.

There is not much they can do to reduce the radar signature for helicopters--tail rotor and main rotor--as I have been trying to explain to you for some time.  Firstly, the tail rotor must be effective in its anti-torque role.  If that's not accomplished the helo cannot fly properly.

This is a hoax, but you've already bought into that hoax hook, line, and sinker. :whistle:

#357    Spinebreaker

Spinebreaker

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

• I'm everything you'll never want to be.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 15 May 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

This is a hoax, but you've already bought into that hoax hook, line, and sinker. :whistle:

There could be a little damage on the blade closest to the camera...  But nothing enormous, It may just be the angle it is in comparison to the camera.

This really reminds me of the early 9/11 reports of heroic servicemen finding intact bibles and American flags...  Nothing too contentious admittedly, but to any non-Americans it really looks like something written deliberately, like a movie...  Just seems really contrived.

Galileo was imprisoned by the Church,
For exposing that the Earth was not the centre of the Universe.
So in 1616 they already had control,
Of what they thought you and I were allowed to know.

#358    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 15 May 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

I've taken a closer look Sky, and only 1 blade of 5 is touching the ground, impaled, as though the entire assembly were dropped.

But, you said there were no damaged rotor blades.

The other 4 blades, the ones we can see, are completely intact, demonstrating that they were NOT turning when ground contact was made.  It is nothing more than a stage prop.

Can't be staged. How is the United States going to stage that object and not draw attention? You can't just pull things out of thin air and expect people to believe you! :no:

Turning tail rotors rather self-destruct when they touch the ground.

Considering accident investigations, what does one damage blade and four intact blades indicate? What significance can be placed on the wall in that respect? Common sense indicates that there was no way that was staged and the proof lies in what that photo depicts.

Edited by skyeagle409, 15 May 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#359    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 15 May 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

There is no such thing as a silent rotor Don, tail rotor or main rotor.

This photo proves that once again,  that you are out of the loop when it come to facts on helicopters. Now, what was that you were saying about no silent rotor?

Posted Image

#360    Spinebreaker

Spinebreaker

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

• I'm everything you'll never want to be.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

View Postskyeagle409, on 15 May 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

This photo proves that once again,  that you are out of the loop when it come to facts on helicopters. Now, what was that you were saying about no silent rotor?

Posted Image

You see, what you have there is a photo.  I have yet to see ANY photo of a helicopter make any noise at all.

Galileo was imprisoned by the Church,
For exposing that the Earth was not the centre of the Universe.
So in 1616 they already had control,
Of what they thought you and I were allowed to know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users