Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Bin Laden was not buried at sea,

• Please log in to reply
780 replies to this topic

#61    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 10 March 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

When do you start giving people credit for thinking even though they don't come to the same conclusion that you do?

I do. You get my credit for putting forward intelligent posts for the most part, regardless of whether I agree with them or not. I was unaware I needed to inform you of this. However, I made a statement regarding people relying on the Media to tell them what happened and that is when they are not thinking.... So they do not get the credit.  I don't think that's an unreasonable position to take.

Hmm...you make a habit of accusing people of relying on others to do their thinking for them. Let me ask you, then, about some of the assumptions you make: For instance, what would you consider to be a vehement argument that he was alive. Please, post an example of it. Also, you claim that I deride people who claimed he wasn't. Please show me an example of that as well.

After all, if you are not a person who simply makes assumptions and goes with them, then you must be a person who has a logical reason to believe what he believes, correct? Show us that reasoning.

I don't consider him to be alive, where do I make that assumption? o.O

I'll have to reply to the rest of your post when I get back.

#62    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,484 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostWandering, on 10 March 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

I do. You get my credit for putting forward intelligent posts for the most part, regardless of whether I agree with them or not. I was unaware I needed to inform you of this.

I was no more referring to myself specifically than you were referring to anyone specifically.

However, I made a statement regarding people relying on the Media to tell them what happened and that is when they are not thinking.... So they do not get the credit.  I don't think that's an unreasonable position to take.

It is when you are doing the same thing.  Even more so when it is a regular habit.

I don't consider him to be alive, where do I make that assumption? o.O

No, Wandering, you accused me of arguing...

...know, what...never mind...

I'll have to reply to the rest of your post when I get back.

If you like.  Please...spend a little more time thinking about it before responding.  This is a discussion board; speed of response isn't rated too highly here.

#63    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,920 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

Since cremation was brought up I am pondering something. Maybe its below the belt humor but what is the difference between cremation and igniting ones self amidst an explosive device. Hrmmm... no replies necessary ... LOL
EDIT: spelling

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 10 March 2012 - 02:02 AM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#64    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 10 March 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

Since cremation was brought up I am pondering something. Maybe its below the belt humor but what is the difference between cremation and igniting ones self amidst an explosive device. Hrmmm... no replies necessary ... LOL
EDIT: spelling
:w00t:  :rofl:

View Postaquatus1, on 10 March 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Wandering, you do recall that the entire conversation that quote is from was about his burial at sea, not about cremation, correct?

Yes, I thought it was relevant since they are both on the subject of his death. I was wrong to say  "I know that you personally believed that he was buried at sea" as after finding that topic I realised you didn't specifically say that. I didn't delete it before I posted, my bad. If you want to edit it I don't mind. The part I was more concerned about was that you seemed to be considering the media reports as a likely occurence. This is the holding of your Government to high standards that I mentioned before. It's what they should have done, but people are not known for doing the right thing much less what they should have done.

It is when you are doing the same thing. Even more so when it is a regular habit.

I don't make my decisions based on what people tell me. Otherwise, I'd be another advocate of the Rock Hyrax.

No, Wandering, you accused me of arguing...

...know, what...never mind...

I didn't accuse you of arguing, only treating people with what I percieved as derision. To be honest after I posted that I regretted it, It will only detract from the discussion.

I honestly don't think you are ready to understand it yet.

Humour me. I'm here to learn.

Edited by Wandering, 10 March 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#65    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostWandering, on 10 March 2012 - 02:49 AM, said:

:w00t:  :rofl:

Yes, I thought it was relevant since they are both on the subject of his death. I was wrong to say  "I know that you personally believed that he was buried at sea" as after finding that topic I realised you didn't specifically say that. I didn't delete it before I posted, my bad. If you want to edit it I don't mind. The part I was more concerned about was that you seemed to be considering the media reports as a likely occurence. This is the holding of your Government to high standards that I mentioned before. It's what they should have done, but people are not known for doing the right thing much less what they should have done.

I don't make my decisions based on what people tell me. Otherwise, I'd be another advocate of the Rock Hyrax.

I didn't accuse you of arguing, only treating people with what I percieved as derision. To be honest after I posted that I regretted it, It will only detract from the discussion.

Damn...are you saying that the Rock Hyrax is not real...thats spoiled my day...:cry:

Edited by BrianPotter, 10 March 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#66    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,484 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Yes, I thought it was relevant since they are both on the subject of his death.

I sounded more like you were trying to get people to believe I was talking about cremation a year ago.

I was wrong to say  "I know that you personally believed that he was buried at sea" as after finding that topic I realised you didn't specifically say that. I didn't delete it before I posted, my bad. If you want to edit it I don't mind. The part I was more concerned about was that you seemed to be considering the media reports as a likely occurence. This is the holding of your Government to high standards that I mentioned before. It's what they should have done, but people are not known for doing the right thing much less what they should have done.

I would recommend you begin practicing withholding judgements for a while.  You have a bad habit of always wanting to come up with a conclusion.

Your behaviour says otherwise.

The above is one of the reasons I do not regard you as a thinker and consequently do not believe you are ready to understand the process of skepticism.

Lesson 1:  Behaviour is often a truer indicator of mindset than claims.

As I said, never mind.  I'm out.

Edited by aquatus1, 10 March 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#67    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,655 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:12 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 March 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

I do hate. I hate Osama Bin Laden, for being the leader of an organization that criminally attacked the US civilian population. I in no way hate Muslims just for being Muslim. I work with dozens of people from China, Vietnam, India, Pakistan and Israel every day and I don't feel like attacking any of them at any time, because of their ethnicity, religion or nationality.

I'm not going to live my life based off other peoples cultural beleifs and a bunch of "What If"s.

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 08 March 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

Lol you roller coastered me in that post diechecker... I agree and disagree about every other sentence.
I post as much for Entertainment as to try to Learn or Teach.

I feel we are better than that diechecker. I feel we can win a war and act honorably. We can kill without martyrdom ... we can be brutal when its necessary and respect those not involved in battle and killing. Quite giving them reasons when you know we are better than that. We are not who they paint us to be yet you want us to act exactly how they expect us to.
That is true. We could take the high road and be Strong and Aggressive, but not disrespectful. But in my mind, I only think we should be respectful to those that deserve respect. OBL did not deserve respect.

Was it when I said I don't want to create more fanatics because that's just smart if your a critical thinker. I thought you to be a skeptic diechecker yet your feeding the fringe with your own words. Your above that. A weak person hides behind fear and hate.
I think that those that would be likely to turn to terrorism due to the abuse of OBL body would jump at any reason to be fanatical anyway. I believe that the vast majority of Muslims would agree he was a crimnal. I do also believe that purposefully desecrating his body would provide a net reduction in terrorist activity, as only the Martyrs would then think to attack the US and think to escape punishment. That was the whole point of hunting him down.

I wonder if the Seal Team member that shot him got the Reward?

View PostLittle Fish, on 09 March 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

I think that's more accurate

when you attack skeptics, you attack science and rationality. think about it.
When have you been a Rational Skeptic Scientist? The Chemtrail thread alone should put you well into the Grasping Believer group.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#68    chainsawcam

chainsawcam

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

View Postohio state buckeyes, on 08 March 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

That theory is almost as lame as Bush did 9-11 so he could invade Iraq :wacko:  Bush was a moron that took advantage of 9/11 but he didn't do it.
  Maybe not, but he certainly knew it was gonna happen, and who was responsible for it, and for the years of lies thereafter!!

Answer this - WHERE are the supposed weapons of mass destruction that started the invasion of Iraq?

**EDIT**
**Try it without shouting this time.**

Edited by aquatus1, 13 March 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#69    chainsawcam

chainsawcam

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

**If you can't post in a civil, adult manner, back away from the keyboard till you can.**

Edited by aquatus1, 13 March 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#70    Blazar

Blazar

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

burned him, dumped him in the ocean, Who cares hes dead................He's a piece of trash and hes gone! Should have shot to wound and done a public hanging in New York time square

"Everything is good in the end.

If it's not good, it's not the end."

-- Shannon McLain (age 12).

#71    Q24

Q24

Government Agent

• 3,924 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostBlazar, on 16 March 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

burned him, dumped him in the ocean, Who cares hes dead................He's a piece of trash and hes gone! Should have shot to wound and done a public hanging in New York time square
There would be a lot of hangings if every provocateur of resistance against U.S. military intervention is addressed.  For that is what bin Laden was.  It has never been shown that bin Laden played a direct role in the operational planning of 9/11.

Bin Laden himself credited Atta as general of the operation on more than one occasion, himself denying responsibility and made a prediction as far back as 1998 that the U.S. would use him as the bogeyman with which to invade Afghanistan - he was right.

The evidence available suggests bin Laden did not know every specific of the attack.  Heck, he tuned into his radio at around 9 a.m. New York time, missing the first WTC plane impact.  Hardly the action of someone eagerly awaiting news on success of the attack he had allegedly masterminded for years.  No, the evidence is that bin Laden did not know what time it was scheduled.

A legal case never was presented as to bin Laden’s involvement you know.  What we have is a propaganda campaign; a politically driven witch hunt, the likes of which should not exist in a civilised world where the rule is “innocent until proven guilty”.

There are too many other points to mention in one post.

Operation Northwoods was a 1962 plan by the US Department of Defense to cause acts of violence, blamed on Cuba, in order to generate U.S. public support for military action against the Cuban government. The plan called for various false flag actions, such as staged terrorist attacks and plane hijackings, on U.S. and Cuban soil.

#72    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,517 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

OBL was never indicted by the federal government for any role in 911.

I think the only indictment was out of Texas somewhere, for nonrelated charges.

#73    Q24

Q24

Government Agent

• 3,924 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 16 March 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Yes, the U.S. government promised a paper demonstrating bin Laden’s responsibility though it never materialized.  The U.K. government released a brief but admitted that it was never intended to form a legal case that would stand up in court.

When the Taliban offered to hand over bin Laden for trial in a neutral country the U.S. refused.  That says everything about their priority to bring the 9/11 perpetrators to justice, next to the longstanding agenda of regime change in Afghanistan.

Operation Northwoods was a 1962 plan by the US Department of Defense to cause acts of violence, blamed on Cuba, in order to generate U.S. public support for military action against the Cuban government. The plan called for various false flag actions, such as staged terrorist attacks and plane hijackings, on U.S. and Cuban soil.

#74    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 16 March 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Well, we do appear to have a pretty blatant confession from Usama bin Laden...

Bin Laden's alleged voice claims responsibilities to carry out the attacks were given to 19 men and Moussaoui was not one of them.

"He had no connection at all with Sept. 11," the voice said. "I am the one in charge of the 19 brothers and I never assigned brother Zacarias to be with them in that mission."

"Since Zacarias Moussaoui was still learning how to fly, he wasn't No. 20 in the group, as your government has claimed," bin Laden continued.

Source

Of course most CTs will claim this tape wasn't genuine.  There is always an out. :rolleyes:

#75    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,517 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yeah Boo, one would think with that solid evidence you just delivered, SOME federal prosecutor SOMEWHERE could have come up with an indictment, eh?   :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users