Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

advanced aliens or ancient humans?

• Please log in to reply
1828 replies to this topic

#1276    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

View Postnopeda, on 05 July 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

I was led to believe there aren't enough trees on Easter Island to move big rocks around with. What if that happens to be true?

It's been proven they can be "walked" using rope.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#1277    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 04 July 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

This is the very issue with this thread and this belief... People are judging these carvings off what their eyes tell them from a photograph. The belief is firm that these are carved into stone, and that these carvings are original and have been that way since the start. Neither of these assumptions are correct. People with doctorate degrees, who have studied the materials of the surface of the wall, and who KNOW what the symbols are suppose to mean, and know the context of the symbols and who know the history of those invovled in the writing say one thing (That these are accidentally damaged symbols that randomly look like helicopters, ect...) or we can believe people who's only source is photographs and personnal, uneducated opinion.
Personnally, I'm going with the trained, knowledgable, experienced experts, over the uneducated (generally in Egypt anyway), inexperienced internet conspiricists.
The experts have centuries of experience and evidence and the internet has.... opinion.
If whatever experts you have in mind felt they were really correct about stuff just having happened to have fallen off in ways that make several different rock carvings look like air vehicles, don't you think they would show some closeup evidence that that incredible coincidence is what actually did take place? Even if you don't believe they would I do, but have yet to see where any of them have done it. I've seen where they have superimposed images over other images, but have seen no reason to believe what would be truly amazing falling away of material is what makes those rock carvings which resemble air vehicles, resemble air vehicles as they do.

#1278    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 July 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

Very good examples, in addition to that which I offered earlier
:lol:  

Uh, I mean :mellow: like what "good examples" do you think you're boasting about?

#1279    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostDingoLingo, on 04 July 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

how many times does his arguements have to be explained to him before he will get it..
Here's something the cat poster can't explain, but maybe you can. That person afaik came up with the concept of three particular supposedly different types of speed, but is incapable of trying to explain:

1. what actual speed is supposedly relative to.
2. what absolute speed is supposedly relative to.
3. what relative speed is supposedly relative to.

Can you make an attempt?

#1280    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 04 July 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

explain exactly what "air vehicles" the hieroglyphs in question are supposed to look like, because except for the "helicopter" which is conveniently and obviously relying on a bit of missing masonry to help give it shape, the others are someone less clear.
Here's a clue for you: If they didn't look like air vehicles we would not be discussing why they look like air vehicles AND you would not be able to find examples of other people trying to explain why they look like air vehicles. It's apparently a popular belief that one of the carvings looks like a submarine, but afawk it could just as easily be another type of air vehicle we're not familiar with. If you could appreciate the fact that they do look like air vehicles, I wonder if you could appreciate how incredibly unlikely it would be for several different stone carvings to just happen to have parts of themselves fall off so that each of the carvings resembles a different type of air vehicle after the material just happens to randomly fall away? You probably still couldn't appreciate it, but if that's really what did happen it seems even more incredible than if they were deliberately carved that way, from my pov.

#1281    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,104 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Er....& these aliens that have built faster than light space ships & traversed the universe only know how to build in stone!!!  seems logical :hmm:

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 05 July 2012 - 06:23 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#1282    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,104 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Postnopeda, on 05 July 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Here's a clue for you: If they didn't look like air vehicles we would not be discussing why they look like air vehicles AND you would not be able to find examples of other people trying to explain why they look like air vehicles. It's apparently a popular belief that one of the carvings looks like a submarine, but afawk it could just as easily be another type of air vehicle we're not familiar with. If you could appreciate the fact that they do look like air vehicles, I wonder if you could appreciate how incredibly unlikely it would be for several different stone carvings to just happen to have parts of themselves fall off so that each of the carvings resembles a different type of air vehicle after the material just happens to randomly fall away? You probably still couldn't appreciate it, but if that's really what did happen it seems even more incredible than if they were deliberately carved that way, from my pov.

http://members.tripo...R_A/abydos.html

http://www.catchpenny.org/abydos.html

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 05 July 2012 - 06:31 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#1283    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,266 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

View Postnopeda, on 03 July 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Nothing you wrote was not stupid.

That's funny, I find your posts to be the same.
:clap:

#1284    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,266 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Postnopeda, on 05 July 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

It's apparently a popular belief that one of the carvings looks like a submarine, but afawk it could just as easily be another type of air vehicle we're not familiar with.

Ha ha.  This may be your best yet.  Now you say that the image could be an "air vehicle" we are not familiar with.   That's good stuff.  :clap:

Either a submarine or an unidentified flying object?   That is much more realistic than a fish or a bird.

I still cannot buy that much advanced aliens come to earth with 1940's era helicopters.    Perhaps you need to open youe eyes and your mind.

#1285    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

I posted a link to the explanation of the Abydos "helicopter" in the Earliest UFO sightings thread,... page 7.

Edited by Hazzard, 05 July 2012 - 09:43 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#1286    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,220 posts

• Question everything

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostMyles, on 05 July 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Ha ha.  This may be your best yet.  Now you say that the image could be an "air vehicle" we are not familiar with.   That's good stuff.  :clap:

Either a submarine or an unidentified flying object?   That is much more realistic than a fish or a bird.

:unsure2:

Posted Image

I still cannot buy that much advanced aliens come to earth with 1940's era helicopters. Perhaps you need to open youe eyes and your mind.

Yeah, for all their capabilities, helicopters aren't the most efficient design. One would think a race that can create a craft that can perform the way UFOs are supposed to could come up with something a bit better.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#1287    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostHazzard, on 05 July 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

I posted a link to the explanation of the Abydos "helicopter" in the Earliest UFO sightings thread,... page 7.

That is all this thread has been. Mr Peda makes a claim, people try to help him, he calls them heaps of names, loses the argument, starts another, loses that, then goes back to square 1 to make the same claim again as if it was never addressed. I do not know where SL and Oniomancer get their patience from, I envy them, I resorted to the ignore button. 3 people on that list now! LOL.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#1288    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,433 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostOniomancer, on 05 July 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah, for all their capabilities, helicopters aren't the most efficient design. One would think a race that can create a craft that can perform the way UFOs are supposed to could come up with something a bit better.

Would give anything to have my model I had of this ! Was  da Bomb !  you could look inside at the interior quite the model. I saw one on e-bay once for 300 bucks !

This is a Work in Progress!

#1289    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,973 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:48 AM

View Postnopeda, on 03 July 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Anyone who claims the glyphs don't look like air vehicles is lying. That lie has been told more than once in this thread. What ELSE people are lying about may be in question, but there's no question that people are lying when they tell that one. One clue as to how we can know it to be a lie, is the fact that we wouldn't be discussing why they look like air vehicles if they did not look like air vehicles. No one would discuss it in regards to those particular carvings.
Not sure who said it doesn't look like some sort of vehicle.

However, there's no vehicles in the glyphs.

After all, they are language, not art.

Here's Seti's Nebty Name:
Posted Image

Here's Rameses II's Nebty name:
Posted Image

Maybe not the best example, since Rameses' is vertical, but it's obvious to anyone with eyes that glyphs from both names appear in the panel at Abydos.

You can read what a "Nebty Name" is here.

Also, here's some more info:

royal titulary CATEGORY: term
DEFINITION: The classic sequence of names and titles held by each of the Egyptian pharaohs, which consisted of five names ('fivefold titulary'). The system was not entirely established until Middle Kingdom (c 1938-1600 BC). The five epithets encapsulate Egyptian views on kingship: three stressing the king's role as a god and the other two emphasizing Egypt as divided into two lands, both under the control of the pharaoh. The birth name was usually the last name in the sequence in inscriptions giving the king's name and titles, but it was the only one to be given to the pharaoh as soon as he was born. The other four names were given to the ruler at the time of his installation on the throne.
Source
The Nebty name is one of the names that emphasizes that the king controls both Upper and Lower Egypt.  In fact, the Nebty name is also referred to as the "Two Ladies" titulary, because that's the way it's phrased in that particular section, with the "Two Ladies" being Upper and Lower Egypt.

The entire lintel is occupied by the Five-Fold Titulary.  If you would bother to learn the slightest thing about the titulary, you could easily see that the titulary would not have been interrupted by a panel of artwork, while completely skipping the Nebty name.

Obviously, you are free to "believe" what you want, and I certainly don't expect to change your narrow mind, especially with mere facts (even though you have none.)  But it's worth my time to respond to ignorant posts, keeping in mind that other unknowing people might read the tripe you wrote at some point in the future.

For them, I have provided the real facts on this matter.

Harte

Edited by Harte, 06 July 2012 - 02:25 AM.

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#1290    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,266 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostOniomancer, on 05 July 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

That is "clearly" an air vehicle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users