Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

advanced aliens or ancient humans?


  • Please log in to reply
1828 replies to this topic

#481    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 29,824 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

View PostArbitran, on 10 April 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

Well, of course everything is refutable, isn't it? In history in particular.


Is the composition of a water molecule refutable? No. Is the moons arrangement of craters refutable? No, it is what it is. SOme things are what they are. Empirical evidence is the strongest foundation man has as a benchmark for truthfulness.

That link to Hindu Science you left says:

While the West was still thinking, perhaps, of 6,000 years old universe – India was already envisioning ages and eons and galaxies as numerous as the sands of the Ganges. The Universe so vast that modern astronomy slips into its folds without a ripple.”

Do you not find this incredibly inaccurate?

And I am not seeing the proof of extraterrestrials in that link. Only proof that people worked all this out for themselves.

Edited by psyche101, 10 April 2012 - 03:26 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#482    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 29,824 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

View PostArbitran, on 10 April 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

If you'd let me, I have a great deal. So far though I've been interrupted at every turn.

My friend just directed me to this page: http://www.hinduwisd...ed_Concepts.htm

I didn't have time to pore over the entire thing, but it seems to be a relatively good overview of some Hindu science, from what I could see.


I am sure I speak for all when I ask you to feel free to ignore a post or two for the time being so that we may all see what you believe to be convincing evidence. All we have seen is much talk, some evidence would be a welcome addition. This excuse appears as stalling.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#483    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 10 April 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

Great, lets get back to E=MC2 shall we? That shows you cannot just zip across the Universe, and that any travel will be slow or a one way trip. How are these Gods getting around the Universe?

Why do I anticipate a faith based answer?



Because you reached that conclusion ;) Now we are starting to hear the truth ;)

Now care to share this which you are asking us to believe on blind faith? Without any sort of proof or reasoning, you sound an awful lot like those religions you appear to find somewhat distasteful.

The gods' method of transportation is quite simple: it is very similar to the concept today known as Alcubierre drive.
Space-time itself need not conform to the laws restricting the velocity of matter and energy--for instance, at the Big Bang, expansion occurred far faster than the speed of light.
Further reading: http://en.wikipedia....lcubierre_drive

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#484    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 10 April 2012 - 03:25 AM, said:

Is the composition of a water molecule refutable? No. Is the moons arrangement of craters refutable? No, it is what it is. SOme things are what they are. Empirical evidence is the strongest foundation man has as a benchmark for truthfulness.

That link to Hindu Science you left says:

While the West was still thinking, perhaps, of 6,000 years old universe India was already envisioning ages and eons and galaxies as numerous as the sands of the Ganges. The Universe so vast that modern astronomy slips into its folds without a ripple.

Do you not find this incredibly inaccurate?

And I am not seeing the proof of extraterrestrials in that link. Only proof that people worked all this out for themselves.

http://www.hinduwisd...fo/Vimanas5.htm

This is one good page.

View Postpsyche101, on 10 April 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

I am sure I speak for all when I ask you to feel free to ignore a post or two for the time being so that we may all see what you believe to be convincing evidence. All we have seen is much talk, some evidence would be a welcome addition. This excuse appears as stalling.

What? Please rephrase. I don't understand.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#485    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 29,824 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

View PostArbitran, on 10 April 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

The gods' method of transportation is quite simple: it is very similar to the concept today known as Alcubierre drive.
Space-time itself need not conform to the laws restricting the velocity of matter and energy--for instance, at the Big Bang, expansion occurred far faster than the speed of light.
Further reading: http://en.wikipedia....lcubierre_drive


May I ask how you know this is the mode of transport? If you know this much, may I venture into how the energy of several suns (or more - DR. Van Den Broeck managed to compute the energy needs down to as little as three solar masses!) is produced in a ship? That is what is required for warp concepts to work in order to bend space time.

I am actually quite aware of the concept. It would be good to now how these aliens manage to create a subluminal bubble, because without it, the drive is useless and there seems to be no way to keep the bubble up.

That is just one of the many problems with the drive. Hawking radiation forming in the centre of the ship will burn everything inside of it to a crisp. Or that you have to set down the "rail" for the drive to travel along meaning you have to get there before you can get there, the thickness of the crafts hull needed in immense and not workable, and Coule (LINK - D H Coule No Warp Drive) postulated that you have to build a drive to build a drive.

Going by the above, I take it that you have not read Stefano Finazzi's paper on the hypothetical Alcubierre drive concept either?

Please do not be asking me to take your word that your claim is fact. I need more than your word, and the Alcubierre Drive that we understand is not a workable concept. Nuclear propulsion remains to date the best concept man has postulated for interstellar travel. This method creates more questions than it answers.

Edited by psyche101, 10 April 2012 - 06:37 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#486    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 10 April 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

May I ask how you know this is the mode of transport? If you know this much, may I venture into how the energy of several suns (or more - DR. Van Den Broeck managed to compute the energy needs down to as little as three solar masses!) is produced in a ship? That is what is required for warp concepts to work in order to bend space time.

I am actually quite aware of the concept. It would be good to now how these aliens manage to create a subluminal bubble, because without it, the drive is useless and there seems to be no way to keep the bubble up.

That is just one of the many problems with the drive. Hawking radiation forming in the centre of the ship will burn everything inside of it to a crisp. Or that you have to set down the "rail" for the drive to travel along meaning you have to get there before you can get there, the thickness of the crafts hull needed in immense and not workable, and Coule (LINK - D H Coule No Warp Drive) postulated that you have to build a drive to build a drive.

Going by the above, I take it that you have not read Stefano Finazzi's paper on the hypothetical Alcubierre drive concept either?

Please do not be asking me to take your word that your claim is fact. I need more than your word, and the Alcubierre Drive that we understand is not a workable concept. Nuclear propulsion remains to date the best concept man has postulated for interstellar travel. This method creates more questions than it answers.

I said that their transportation is similar to the Alcubierre concept. In that a "bubble" of warped space-time is generated. The means was evidently via the manipulation of the Higgs field (http://en.wikipedia....iki/Higgs_boson) through the use of dark matter (http://en.wikipedia....ki/Dark_matter; http://en.wikipedia....i/Negative_mass); a sort of anti-gravity, or negative energy. This is the chief means of operating the Alcubierre-esque mechanism. Energy is hardly a problem--they are said to be able to harness zero-point energy, nuclear energy, solar energy, antimatter energy, etc. They are after all a Type III civilization: they can do some very impressive things indeed.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#487    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 29,824 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

View PostArbitran, on 10 April 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:



I tried to give it a decent hearing. Really I did. But Anti Gravity Units, plans to build a flying saucer, which have not been used were hard enough to accept as there is again nothing short of the authors word to substantiate the magnificent claims, but the nonsense about Atlantis was more than enough. This link is a mis match of some script and a decent helping of imagination. I find it painful to see ancient texts being rewritten to accomodate a persons fantasy. That battle on the moon with airships is a more than amusing concept. I see even Alexander gets a mention. That too has been debated here. The claim has been dated back to 1959. - LINK the original source seems to be a book called book Stranger than Science. Surprise surprise, another tale exposed from a dodgy source. I find the link to have obvious inaccuracies.

View PostArbitran, on 10 April 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

What? Please rephrase. I don't understand.

Please feel free to ignore a post or two if you are being interrupted enough to not post evidence. Whilst I find the above reference unconvincing, it helps the conversation to see where you are getting these wild ideas from.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#488    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 29,824 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostArbitran, on 10 April 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

I said that their transportation is similar to the Alcubierre concept. In that a "bubble" of warped space-time is generated. The means was evidently via the manipulation of the Higgs field (http://en.wikipedia....iki/Higgs_boson) through the use of dark matter (http://en.wikipedia....ki/Dark_matter; http://en.wikipedia....i/Negative_mass); a sort of anti-gravity, or negative energy. This is the chief means of operating the Alcubierre-esque mechanism. Energy is hardly a problem--they are said to be able to harness zero-point energy, nuclear energy, solar energy, antimatter energy, etc. They are after all a Type III civilization: they can do some very impressive things indeed.


Not a one of these sources comes close to the power requirements. You are not understanding what I am saying I think. It takes a minimum of 3 solar masses of energy. Three of our suns. Not nuclear energy, but a nuclear explosion the likes of which man can only comprehend by watching novas. I do not think you are comprehending the energy source required.

Not to be picky, but you skipped over the how do you know this question. May I impress upon you to answer that?

Edited by psyche101, 10 April 2012 - 07:37 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#489    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 10 April 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

I tried to give it a decent hearing. Really I did. But Anti Gravity Units, plans to build a flying saucer, which have not been used were hard enough to accept as there is again nothing short of the authors word to substantiate the magnificent claims, but the nonsense about Atlantis was more than enough. This link is a mis match of some script and a decent helping of imagination. I find it painful to see ancient texts being rewritten to accomodate a persons fantasy. That battle on the moon with airships is a more than amusing concept. I see even Alexander gets a mention. That too has been debated here. The claim has been dated back to 1959. - LINK the original source seems to be a book called book Stranger than Science. Surprise surprise, another tale exposed from a dodgy source. I find the link to have obvious inaccuracies.



Please feel free to ignore a post or two if you are being interrupted enough to not post evidence. Whilst I find the above reference unconvincing, it helps the conversation to see where you are getting these wild ideas from.

Well, I certainly haven't taken any ideas from these pages, so... your last comment was odd and mistaken.

I apologize, upon reading the full page, I disagree with a very large amount of it: rephrase, I agree with only very small portions. Sort about that. Not a good page after all (I regret, I only read part of it when I posted it before; quite premature of me). My sincere apologies.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#490    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 10 April 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Not a one of these sources comes close to the power requirements. You are not understanding what I am saying I think. It takes a minimum of 3 solar masses of energy. Three of our suns. Not nuclear energy, but a nuclear explosion the likes of which man can only comprehend by watching novas. I do not think you are comprehending the energy source required.

Not to be picky, but you skipped over the how do you know this question. May I impress upon you to answer that?

Nuclear energy beyond our current capacity, naturally. The texts describe it as producing energy like that of "a thousand suns". Would that suffice, do you think?

I am aware of these things due to their being in the ancient texts: hold on just a moment, before you ask me to link to a reference, I'm trying to see if I can find it on the Internet right now.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#491    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 4,955 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

do keep going Arbitran....it is interesting.
I am sure Psyche will help keep the conversation honest  :rolleyes:


#492    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 29,824 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostArbitran, on 10 April 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

Well, I certainly haven't taken any ideas from these pages, so... your last comment was odd and mistaken.

I apologize, upon reading the full page, I disagree with a very large amount of it: rephrase, I agree with only very small portions. Sort about that. Not a good page after all (I regret, I only read part of it when I posted it before; quite premature of me). My sincere apologies.


Not a problem, Your second comment should explain my first comment ;) I am referring to references in general. If you have them we would like to see them. Perhaps more so than answering one of my posts if it is a question of time.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#493    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 29,824 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostArbitran, on 10 April 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

Nuclear energy beyond our current capacity, naturally. The texts describe it as producing energy like that of "a thousand suns". Would that suffice, do you think?

Indeed a thousand suns would be overkill, I would be more than interested to read it. If it was a viable concept however, do you not think it would have been deployed by now?

View PostArbitran, on 10 April 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

I am aware of these things due to their being in the ancient texts: hold on just a moment, before you ask me to link to a reference, I'm trying to see if I can find it on the Internet right now.

No worries, I shall return later. Take your time.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#494    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 29,824 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

View Postquillius, on 10 April 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

do keep going Arbitran....it is interesting.

I have little fear it will stop suddenly ;)

I agree, now we are getting somewhere. Personal belief is fine, personal proof does not cut the mustard, I am sure you agree.

View Postquillius, on 10 April 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

I am sure Psyche will help keep the conversation honest  :rolleyes:

You know it!


Posted Image

Hope you had a great Easter, only problem with mine was it was too short. Hard to get back in the groove today.

Edited by psyche101, 10 April 2012 - 08:18 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#495    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 10 April 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Indeed a thousand suns would be overkill, I would be more than interested to read it. If it was a viable concept however, do you not think it would have been deployed by now?



No worries, I shall return later. Take your time.

No I do not think that we have used that technology as of yet. Nor will we in the near future. Do you suggest that we are at the peak of our technology? The gods are a Type III civilization--they can harness the energy of our entire galaxy at their disposal.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users