Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Obama Convince Israel to Strike?

and-then

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• Grey14

• ninjadude

• Wyvernkeeper

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure we have made it clear to Isreal that a first strike on Iran isn't going to happen unless they actively ready a nuclear weapon or attack first. Iran is a far different beast than when we went into Iraq. It would create a firestorm that would inflame the middle east and probably bring about another world war or as close to it as it can get. I really think that the Iran situation can be dealt with diplomatically. No one wants Iran to have Nuclear weapons and that includes Russia and China.

I am sure we have made it clear to Isreal that a first strike on Iran isn't going to happen unless they actively ready a nuclear weapon or attack first. Iran is a far different beast than when we went into Iraq. It would create a firestorm that would inflame the middle east and probably bring about another world war or as close to it as it can get. I really think that the Iran situation can be dealt with diplomatically. No one wants Iran to have Nuclear weapons and that includes Russia and China.

Grey that was kind of my point. I think Obama told Netanyahu we wouldn't help until our criteria are met i.e. time for sanctions. And many people don't seem to understand Israel's fear. They have been aggressive in the past and will be in future when they feel threatened. I think that Obama reading them the "riot act" over their security may cause Netanyahu and Barak to go ahead with the strike. Bibi doesn't like Obama and I think he really fears that Obama will be in his face for another four years(probably correct). So that "friendly" little meeting for the cameras may be the last contact before the raid. We'll see... :unsure2:

I thought America told Israel not to strike?

Israel is an independent country and may strike anyhow. If they really fear Iran's plans for the region they might not care what Obama says.

Grey that was kind of my point. I think Obama told Netanyahu we wouldn't help until our criteria are met i.e. time for sanctions. And many people don't seem to understand Israel's fear. They have been aggressive in the past and will be in future when they feel threatened. I think that Obama reading them the "riot act" over their security may cause Netanyahu and Barak to go ahead with the strike. Bibi doesn't like Obama and I think he really fears that Obama will be in his face for another four years(probably correct). So that "friendly" little meeting for the cameras may be the last contact before the raid. We'll see... :unsure2:

That maybe true but this isnt the first time we have had to worry about Isreal taking military action. Back when we invaded Iraq the first time there was lots of fear that Isreal would strike because of the Scud missle threats. I remember there was alot of worry about what Isreal would do and we kind of had to reel them in at that time as well. I think in this case Isreal is just barking really loud but in the end they know that We are the only country in the world that stands between them and a world of hurt if they where to do anything.

That maybe true but this isnt the first time we have had to worry about Isreal taking military action. Back when we invaded Iraq the first time there was lots of fear that Isreal would strike because of the Scud missle threats. I remember there was alot of worry about what Isreal would do and we kind of had to reel them in at that time as well. I think in this case Isreal is just barking really loud but in the end they know that We are the only country in the world that stands between them and a world of hurt if they where to do anything.

I don't know.. They did ok in 67 without any American help...

Yeah but look who they were up against. Without US support Isreal could be facing more than a few countries that would like nothing more than to wipe them off the map. Just saying...

I thought America told Israel not to strike?

Tragically Obama didn't realise that it was opposite day...

Tragically Obama didn't realise that it was opposite day...

:tu::w00t:

If Isreal want to strike let them strike,but don't expect the rest of the world to feel sorry for them when they get hit by the backlash.I am not a big fan of Obama but if he told them that he would not support them if they struck then he is to be applauded.

If Isreal want to strike let them strike,but don't expect the rest of the world to feel sorry for them when they get hit by the backlash.I am not a big fan of Obama but if he told them that he would not support them if they struck then he is to be applauded.

He has the duty to make any decision he feels is correct for the US first and foremost. But like all politicians, he confuses what's best for him and what's best for the country. Israel will act in it's own best interests and I think Obama made clear his choice to Netanyahu so Israel now knows they will be alone in this attack. Remains to be seen if the whole situation is a bluff. I certainly hope that war with Iran can be avoided.

you do know that 1967 was FORTY FIVE YEARS AGO. Geesh. Poltics, Economics, military, populations, interdependency, and lots of other stuff are light years different.

you do know that 1967 was FORTY FIVE YEARS AGO. Geesh. Poltics, Economics, military, populations, interdependency, and lots of other stuff are light years different.

All true. But courage in the face of an enemy is what matters most and they've still got that in unending quantity.

All true. But courage in the face of an enemy is what matters most and they've still got that in unending quantity.

Apparently you still have that unending quantity of hatred for someone else's made up enemy as well.

Yeah but look who they were up against. Without US support Isreal could be facing more than a few countries that would like nothing more than to wipe them off the map. Just saying...

Rather like '67 then...

Of course it was a long time ago, but it's not like Israel's Military capabilities have dropped since then...