Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Did Obama Convince Israel to Strike?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,588 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

http://www.ynetnews....4199220,00.html

In a much heralded meeting two obvious foes made nice for the cameras but did Obama convince Netanyahu that Israel is in this alone?

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#2    Grey14

Grey14

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Heart of America

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

I am sure we have made it clear to Isreal that a first strike on Iran isn't going to happen unless they actively ready a nuclear weapon or attack first. Iran is a far different beast than when we went into Iraq. It would create a firestorm that would inflame the middle east and probably bring about another world war or as close to it as it can get. I really think that the Iran situation can be dealt with diplomatically. No one wants Iran to have Nuclear weapons and that includes Russia and China.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,840 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

I thought America told Israel not to strike?


#4    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,588 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostGrey14, on 08 March 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

I am sure we have made it clear to Isreal that a first strike on Iran isn't going to happen unless they actively ready a nuclear weapon or attack first. Iran is a far different beast than when we went into Iraq. It would create a firestorm that would inflame the middle east and probably bring about another world war or as close to it as it can get. I really think that the Iran situation can be dealt with diplomatically. No one wants Iran to have Nuclear weapons and that includes Russia and China.

Grey that was kind of my point.  I think Obama told Netanyahu we wouldn't help until our criteria are met i.e. time for sanctions.  And many people don't seem to understand Israel's fear.  They have been aggressive in the past and will be in future when they feel threatened.  I think that Obama reading them the "riot act" over their security may cause Netanyahu and Barak to go ahead with the strike.  Bibi doesn't like Obama and I think he really fears that Obama will be in his face for another four years(probably correct).  So that "friendly" little meeting for the cameras may be the last contact before the raid.  We'll see... :unsure2:

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,588 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostErix, on 08 March 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

I thought America told Israel not to strike?
Israel is an independent country and may strike anyhow.  If they really fear Iran's plans for the region they might not care what Obama says.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#6    Grey14

Grey14

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Heart of America

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Postand then, on 08 March 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Grey that was kind of my point.  I think Obama told Netanyahu we wouldn't help until our criteria are met i.e. time for sanctions.  And many people don't seem to understand Israel's fear.  They have been aggressive in the past and will be in future when they feel threatened.  I think that Obama reading them the "riot act" over their security may cause Netanyahu and Barak to go ahead with the strike.  Bibi doesn't like Obama and I think he really fears that Obama will be in his face for another four years(probably correct).  So that "friendly" little meeting for the cameras may be the last contact before the raid.  We'll see... :unsure2:

That maybe true but this isnt the first time we have had to worry about Isreal taking military action. Back when we invaded Iraq the first time there was lots of fear that Isreal would strike because of the Scud missle threats. I remember there was alot of worry about what Isreal would do and we kind of had to reel them in at that time as well. I think in this case Isreal is just barking really loud but in the end they know that We are the only country in the world that stands between them and a world of hurt if they where to do anything.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#7    Wyvernkeeper

Wyvernkeeper

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Joined:10 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostGrey14, on 08 March 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

That maybe true but this isnt the first time we have had to worry about Isreal taking military action. Back when we invaded Iraq the first time there was lots of fear that Isreal would strike because of the Scud missle threats. I remember there was alot of worry about what Isreal would do and we kind of had to reel them in at that time as well. I think in this case Isreal is just barking really loud but in the end they know that We are the only country in the world that stands between them and a world of hurt if they where to do anything.

I don't know.. They did ok in 67 without any American help...


#8    Grey14

Grey14

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Heart of America

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostWyvernkeeper, on 08 March 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

I don't know.. They did ok in 67 without any American help...

Yeah but look who they were up against. Without US support Isreal could be facing more than a few countries that would like nothing more than to wipe them off the map. Just saying...

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#9    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,959 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostErix, on 08 March 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

I thought America told Israel not to strike?

Tragically Obama didn't realise that it was opposite day...

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#10    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,588 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostCorp, on 08 March 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Tragically Obama didn't realise that it was opposite day...
:tu: :w00t:

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#11    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

If Isreal want to strike let them strike,but don't expect the rest of the world to feel sorry for them when they get hit by the backlash.I am not a big fan of Obama but if he told them that he would not support them if they struck then he is to be applauded.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#12    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,588 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:33 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 09 March 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

If Isreal want to strike let them strike,but don't expect the rest of the world to feel sorry for them when they get hit by the backlash.I am not a big fan of Obama but if he told them that he would not support them if they struck then he is to be applauded.
He has the duty to make any decision he feels is correct for the US first and foremost.  But like all politicians, he confuses what's best for him and what's best for the country.  Israel will act in it's own best interests and I think Obama made clear his choice to Netanyahu so Israel now knows they will be alone in this attack.  Remains to be seen if the whole situation is a bluff.  I certainly hope that war with Iran can be avoided.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#13    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 11,107 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostWyvernkeeper, on 08 March 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

I don't know.. They did ok in 67 without any American help...

you do know that 1967 was FORTY FIVE YEARS AGO. Geesh. Poltics, Economics, military, populations, interdependency, and lots of other stuff are light years different.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#14    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,588 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

View Postninjadude, on 09 March 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

you do know that 1967 was FORTY FIVE YEARS AGO. Geesh. Poltics, Economics, military, populations, interdependency, and lots of other stuff are light years different.
All true.  But courage in the face of an enemy is what matters most and they've still got that in unending quantity.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#15    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 11,107 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

View Postand then, on 09 March 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

All true.  But courage in the face of an enemy is what matters most and they've still got that in unending quantity.

Apparently you still have that unending quantity of hatred for someone else's made up enemy as well.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users