Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Middle aged people: 'pinnacle of evolution'

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,038 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

www.telegraph.co.uk said:

Middle aged people are at the peak of the evolutionary scale because they are perfectly adapted to serve the needs of family and society, a Cambridge University academic has claimed.

People in their forties and fifties might mourn their changing figure or the passing of childbearing age, but these changes are key to the success of the human species, Dr David Bainbridge said.

Far from being over the hill, middle-aged people are arguably the "pinnacle of evolution" because they are primed to play a vital role in society which could not be filled by younger adults, he added.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Well there you go :).  My Mum gets devo and depressed "la la getting on in age look at me I'm 40 now."  I was aware that the prime of most people's lives logically should be between 40 - 60 back when I was 16.  I told her this also :).

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

People like Halle Berry,Johnny Depp,and Sarah Jessica Parker,are "middle aged".

Miss me?

#4    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,470 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

I get happier as I get older, though into early old age at this time, whatever that means LOL.

peace
mark

#5    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,788 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

good article. seniors play a vital role in our society too. i wish they would focus on that as well.

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#6    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Poltergeist

• 3,229 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

Well I guess I finally did something right.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

I must say though, middle age does not feel like the pinnacle of anything! I found out a few months ago that I need glasses!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 March 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

I must say though, middle age does not feel like the pinnacle of anything! I found out a few months ago that I need glasses!

Get spiffy ones with wing tips and rhinestones ! Glasses dont mean looking milquetoast!

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users