Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Australian Underground Tunnels

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hey was just wondering if anyone has any information of some of the underground tunnels in Australia? I know about Sydneys abandoned tunnels under St. James and Darwins underground weapons storehouse. Just trying to figure out how many are actually known.

There has always been rumours of old WW2 weapons storage tunnels in the hills near Perth but no real proof.

I just find it interesting and would love to check some of these out one day.

Anyway heres some videos:

And a link to a website that has the names of a lot of the bunkers but no real information :wacko:
OZatWar

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,200 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

I do know there are cells under the Crown Court in Brisbane, boarded and blocked up preventing al access.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#3    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• 2,080 posts
  • Location:~in your head,lol.....seriously though............."the driest continate on earth".......which is also comparable to a land mass on another planet!!!...........

• BLACK ADDER!!!.."let's get them when and where they are most vulnerable"...*WHACK*....."just my luck to get the one that was hard".... :D

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 11 March 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

I do know there are cells under the Crown Court in Brisbane, boarded and blocked up preventing al access.

there are probably many all over the country!!!!...............................you really think they want the public to know this????????

Edited by cluey, 11 March 2012 - 12:32 PM.

Believes all people have to admit to some level of neurosis!!!
will never let my mother cut my hair again!!!!
The feet you step on today!....might be attached to the legs of the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!!!!
it is hard to sore high with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!!!!

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,200 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

The cells I'm referring to are a hundred odd years old and were used to hold people who were up before the magistrates nothing sinister cluey.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#5    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

On rottnest island just of the coast from Perth they have old military tunnels from ww2, you can go on a tour through them. But the ones under Sydney just look really interesting, maybe the fact that they are off limits to the public makes them more appealing.

I was reading on a website that there are a few scattered across Victorias countryside, all blocked off by steel doors that are extremely hard to find apparently. Im trying to find the link to the website but the tablet im using doesnt keep the history recorded for longer than a week.  :wacko:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

#6    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,249 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

LOL, Thinking I've just about had enough of my iPad, Tis bodgy as! Posted ImageI've been in Darwin for 8 months now and still haven't checked the War Tunnels out yet. They say there's a grate in the ground somewhere in the city that when you look up out of the tunnel people and cars cruise by! Posted Image
I bet the tunnels in Sydney are well spooky!

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image

#7    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Here's a couple more videos:

Confucius Says:

#8    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,309 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Fort Scratchley in Newcastle has underground bunkers as well. The entire fort had a massive restoration recently.

LINK

Those videos are quite neat. I was surprised how extensive the system appears to be, not quite an equal to Paris, yet much larger than I would have thought.

Edited by psyche101, 12 March 2012 - 10:47 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#9    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 March 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

Those videos are quite neat. I was surprised how extensive the system appears to be, not quite an equal to Paris, yet much larger than I would have thought.

Yeah me too, when I first heard about them I thought it would be just some old stormwater drains or something. Also how a lot of them arent on any plans, could be heaps more out there.

Confucius Says:

#10    tigger

tigger

Poltergeist

• 2,367 posts

• keeper of a greater magic... THE SCHWARTZ!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

also tunnels under old freo prison. you can do a tour of those, in a dinghy ;)

there are a few more so out in the 'country' where the bunkers were used for ammunition depots

'What do you do if you step on a mine, Captain?'
'Well, the usual procedure is to leap 200 feet in the air and spread yourself over a wide area…'

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users