Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 3 votes

werewolf in Florida


  • Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16    Dylan Hopfauf

Dylan Hopfauf

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:12 Mar 2012

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostMr. Scratch, on 12 March 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Nuh uh. That's just not true. I have 20-20 vision, and werewolves are still a myth.
Are you a man of god because many people would agree with me and say that what is the difrence form god and were wolfs do you have any proof they don't exist


#17    Dylan Hopfauf

Dylan Hopfauf

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:12 Mar 2012

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostDylan Hopfauf, on 12 March 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Are you a man of god because many people would agree with me and say that what is the difrence form god and were wolfs do you have any proof they don't exist
How much do you know about them


#18    SoloCell

SoloCell

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,284 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostDylan Hopfauf, on 12 March 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Let people believe in what they want we're wolfs exist but they are not the image people think


No, that's silly. May I make a suggestion? Use the search function at the top of the page, and search for werewolves. There are literally hundreds of threads on werewolves, and there are always a few people who invade any topic that mentions werewolves and claims they ARE a werewolf. They proceed to tell us how they don't watch Underworld or Twilight; that they hate how they are portrayed in the media; that they can't show any pictures or video of themselves changing because they will be persecuted by the powers that be and either hunted down and murded or locked in a lab somewhere being studied by the posers that be for the rest of thier short lives. So, what do you have that's different?


#19    SoloCell

SoloCell

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,284 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostDylan Hopfauf, on 12 March 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Are you a man of god because many people would agree with me and say that what is the difrence form god and were wolfs


View PostDylan Hopfauf, on 12 March 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

How much do you know about them


I am a man of God. I also know just about every variation on the werewolf theme that has ever existed. I was a bit obsessed with the subject in my youth. I devoted more time than I'd like to admit "studying" the phenomenon, and can recite chapter and verse Going all the way back to Lycaon of Arcadia.



#20    Dylan Hopfauf

Dylan Hopfauf

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:12 Mar 2012

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostMr. Scratch, on 12 March 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

No, that's silly. May I make a suggestion? Use the search function at the top of the page, and search for werewolves. There are literally hundreds of threads on werewolves, and there are always a few people who invade any topic that mentions werewolves and claims they ARE a werewolf. They proceed to tell us how they don't watch Underworld or Twilight; that they hate how they are portrayed in the media; that they can't show any pictures or video of themselves changing because they will be persecuted by the powers that be and either hunted down and murded or locked in a lab somewhere being studied by the posers that be for the rest of thier short lives. So, what do you have that's different?
what is more silly the master or the fool. now i can see where your coming from but they exist they are as real as you and me now there are many diffrent things out there that you cant explain but were wolfs are but there cough be people that dont take the form from man to wolf but cough change some way but im not saying they cant


#21    Apollyon3000

Apollyon3000

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nowhere Nevada, USA

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

I grew up in a town called Hawthorne located in Nevada. Hawthorne is located right next to Walker Lake. The main Highway leading from Hawthorne to Reno is Hwy 95, which if  you use Google Earth you can see runs right between Walker Lake and a mountain range. This creates a small area of the highway that is affectionately know to locals as "the cliffs". When I was 14, my grandparents, mom, and I were coming home late from a long day of doctors appointments in Reno. My grandfather was driving and we hit the cliffs a little after 11:30pm. I was in the passenger seat, much like the OP's daughter, to help keep him awake, but I still think it was just so I would sing folk songs with him. Anyway, about 1/3 of the way around the cliffs heading toward Hawthorne there is a small area where the road pulls away from the mountain and creates a small out-cove area. As we started to come up on it we saw a large animal crossing the road dragging another animal in it mouth, and it stopped in this out-cove. Grandpa thought, at first, that I might get my first look at a live mountain lion, so he slowed down. When we got within 100ft of it, he turned on the brights of the car. To our surprise, it was no mountain lion. We only had a couple of seconds to look at it after grandpa turned on the brights, because right after the light hit what ever the hell that thing was, it turned to look at us one second and the next it leaped straight up the side of the mountain and out of sight, leaving the mangled body of a fox. Grandpa hit the gas and the old Buick we were in jumped waking up the women in the back seat. I had never seen my grandfather truly scared before, but even he was physically shaking afterward.

I remember the shear bulk of the thing and the fact that it looked like a really large body builder. When it jumped, it jumped in the same fashion as a human, with it arms reaching up toward the rocks almost over its head. It had long, thick fur, but you could see the muscle definition. I don't remember the facial features, but I remember the pure terror when that thing turned and looked at the car with shining yellow eyes. I even pissed myself. I have come practically face to face with a polar bear, and I wasn't as scared as when we saw this thing. Now I don't believe in werewolves and I haven't seen anything like it since, but I hope I never do again.


#22    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,013 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostMr. Scratch, on 12 March 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

No, that's silly. May I make a suggestion? Use the search function at the top of the page, and search for werewolves. There are literally hundreds of threads on werewolves, and there are always a few people who invade any topic that mentions werewolves and claims they ARE a werewolf. They proceed to tell us how they don't watch Underworld or Twilight; that they hate how they are portrayed in the media; that they can't show any pictures or video of themselves changing because they will be persecuted by the powers that be and either hunted down and murded or locked in a lab somewhere being studied by the posers that be for the rest of thier short lives. So, what do you have that's different?

You left out an important part - they also join discussion boards, make a fantastical post, then rejoin it under another name and start arguing with folks.

Very wolf-like.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#23    EarthSongs

EarthSongs

    Alien Embryo

  • Closed
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined:13 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

@ lacey123, what does your daughter think about the experience? Did it cause her to have nightmares of be afraid of going outside after dark?


#24    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

    SandersonHapgood

  • Banned
  • 3,491 posts
  • Joined:23 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostApollyon3000, on 12 March 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

I grew up in a town called Hawthorne located in Nevada. Hawthorne is located right next to Walker Lake. The main Highway leading from Hawthorne to Reno is Hwy 95, which if  you use Google Earth you can see runs right between Walker Lake and a mountain range. This creates a small area of the highway that is affectionately know to locals as "the cliffs". When I was 14, my grandparents, mom, and I were coming home late from a long day of doctors appointments in Reno. My grandfather was driving and we hit the cliffs a little after 11:30pm. I was in the passenger seat, much like the OP's daughter, to help keep him awake, but I still think it was just so I would sing folk songs with him. Anyway, about 1/3 of the way around the cliffs heading toward Hawthorne there is a small area where the road pulls away from the mountain and creates a small out-cove area. As we started to come up on it we saw a large animal crossing the road dragging another animal in it mouth, and it stopped in this out-cove. Grandpa thought, at first, that I might get my first look at a live mountain lion, so he slowed down. When we got within 100ft of it, he turned on the brights of the car. To our surprise, it was no mountain lion. We only had a couple of seconds to look at it after grandpa turned on the brights, because right after the light hit what ever the hell that thing was, it turned to look at us one second and the next it leaped straight up the side of the mountain and out of sight, leaving the mangled body of a fox. Grandpa hit the gas and the old Buick we were in jumped waking up the women in the back seat. I had never seen my grandfather truly scared before, but even he was physically shaking afterward.

I remember the shear bulk of the thing and the fact that it looked like a really large body builder. When it jumped, it jumped in the same fashion as a human, with it arms reaching up toward the rocks almost over its head. It had long, thick fur, but you could see the muscle definition. I don't remember the facial features, but I remember the pure terror when that thing turned and looked at the car with shining yellow eyes. I even pissed myself. I have come practically face to face with a polar bear, and I wasn't as scared as when we saw this thing. Now I don't believe in werewolves and I haven't seen anything like it since, but I hope I never do again.
Thanks for the story. I'll post in Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#25    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,013 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hello Lacey?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#26    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Joined:16 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Kish, Sumer

  • Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

I Definitely Believe You Saw Something You Can't Explain .. But Was It Really A Werewolf I'm Not Too Convinced .. You Siad You Were Driving For Many Hours .. Maybe You Were Just Tired And Scared Coz You've Never Been In The Area Before, Alone With Your Kids .. I Donno .. I'm Not Trying To Suggest You Made It Up Or Anything .. As I Said, I Believe You Saw Something You Can't Explain .. On The Other Hand, I'd Be Terrified If It Happened To Me .. Hope You'll Get Some Answers :)

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#27    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa, Florida

  • You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostRafterman, on 12 March 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

You left out an important part - they also join discussion boards, make a fantastical post, then rejoin it under another name and start arguing with folks.

Very wolf-like.

And don't forget how so many of them here sign up just to write up some "actual encounter" they had just like OP and then leave and never post anything again.

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#28    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa, Florida

  • You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostApollyon3000, on 12 March 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

I don't remember the facial features, but I remember the pure terror when that thing turned and looked at the car with shining yellow eyes.

How can you not remember what it's face looked like? I mean in a one in a million encounter with some humanoid monster thing, especially when you looked directly at it's eyes, you would figure the face would be the most memorable part...

Our brains are programmed to remember faces, its not by preference that we zero in on someone's face when we first look at them, its what we're supposed to do.

Edited by MetallicBlood, 02 April 2012 - 11:40 PM.

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#29    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined:28 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Female

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

I don't believe in Werewolves in the way that a human can turn into one,but i do believe that there could be other creatures out there that we don't know about.Sounds like some kind of human animal type hybrid


#30    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,065 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

There are guys who love to dress up in wolfskin and -skull, and after eating more than enough magic shrooms they actually believe they changed into wolves.

The problem is of course that even if you think you are a wolf, you still cannot kill an elk with your bare hands or teeth.

So when you want to play wolf, even think you are a wolf, and want to eat like a wolf, you better hang out near roads to search for roadkill.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users