Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The 'Mora' ghost

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    David13

David13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

There's a story of a ghost, in Greece they call it "Mora", and it's female. They claim that while you're on your bed relaxing just a second before you sleep, you suddenly see a black shadow, you feel something touching you and you lose all your body energy. You cannot move, talk or get help. But after 10 or 30 seconds you get your energy back. That's what happens. I have a friend, she's a girl. And this has happened on the half of her family. Her Aunt, her Grandma, and her mom. Usually this happens to women over 30 years old.

Just telling you.
^_^ :hmm: <_< :unsure2: :mellow:

#2    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

This one too David. There is a ghost and haunting forum.

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostDavid13, on 15 March 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

There's a story of a ghost, in Greece they call it "Mora", and it's female. They claim that while you're on your bed relaxing just a second before you sleep, you suddenly see a black shadow, you feel something touching you and you lose all your body energy. You cannot move, talk or get help. But after 10 or 30 seconds you get your energy back. That's what happens. I have a friend, she's a girl. And this has happened on the half of her family. Her Aunt, her Grandma, and her mom. Usually this happens to women over 30 years old.

Just telling you.
^_^ :hmm: <_< :unsure2: :mellow:

Sounds like textbook sleep paralysis to me - fully understood and explained.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,025 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

This is actually part of the Mare in folklore which is similar to a succubus and incubus as an explanation for sleep paralysis as Rafterman stated.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users