Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Animal Planet episode seeks Bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,995 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

Is Bigfoot living in Cache County?

That is the question that brought an Animal Planet film crew to Logan last fall to shoot an episode of "Finding Bigfoot" that airs tonight.

Producers interviewed Utah State University folklore lecturer Lynne S. McNeill for the episode, titled "Holy Cow, It's Bigfoot."

"What brought the show to Cache Valley was a famous YouTube video, shot in Providence Canyon, of young kids having a bonfire, and taping it," McNeill said. "There is a figure that stands up and walks away in the background. It's something they say they didn't see until they watched the tape.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Not very convincing video.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#3    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

You're right, it's not very convincing. You'd have to believe that the creature crawled almost up to the fire.

#4    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 15 March 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

You're right, it's not very convincing. You'd have to believe that the creature crawled almost up to the fire.

It looks more like whatever it is was walking parallel to the fire. Still not real convincing

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#5    Catty13

Catty13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

I didn't see anything, just a bunch of stupid kids playing with fire.

#6    Catty13

Catty13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

I didn't see anything, just a bunch of stupid kids playing with fire.

#7    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

I saw nothing :(

#8    ForwardEarth

ForwardEarth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

It stands up in the middle of the background at 0:59.  Stop watching the idiots in the foreground and it's hard to miss. In fact, I really can't see how they all could have failed to notice it.

#9    HoraceJ

HoraceJ

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

It was one of the kids dads trying to get out of the way so the bishop didn't see he was around under aged drunks.

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,728 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

I first saw this video over a year ago. In my opinion it could easily be just a regular human who was watching the kids... a friend, a parent, little brother, cop, landowner... ect...

People did all kinds of calculations on the footage. You can probably find these online pretty easy. Based on the size of the trees and on a human at the approximate same place in the daytime, they (Bigfoot calculation experts) believe this bigfoot was like 7 foot tall. If I remember right. But with rounding errors and the unknown position of the figure, it is really just speculation.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 240 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

This article should be titled "Animal Planet seeks Higher Ratings". What a load! I could come up with a dozen explanations for the figure in this video. The most far fetched would make more sense than bigfoot. If we are to believe the crap the Animal Planet and History Channel are feeding us, there are herds of 8ft tall apes ranging across North America, from coast to coast. Yet not one bit of credible, scientific evidence has been presented. Grainy video footage, plaster casts of alleged footprints and eyewitness accounts, no matter how credible they may seem, aren't good enough. They actually expect us to believe that 8ft tall,400 lb creatures exist in our own backyards, but have managed to go unproven for hundreds of years.
How gullible do they think we are?

#12    harleyblueswoman

harleyblueswoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

I can see it come out of the forest and walk across in the background....it looks like it has white fur....and might even be a young bigfoot curious as to what these kids are doing....they are so busy watching the fire...they didnt even see it till they replayed the video...

#13    Freshness

Freshness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

• Everything we Think we know is all Wrong!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

I believe in Bigfoot, but that's just some drunk idiot or a scam! That's no Bigfoot!

#14    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Well what ever it is, it's definitely circling the camp fire & watching.

#15    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

That's something that makes me wonder, the grainier the footage or photo then oddly the more people seem convinced that's the real deal. Ever notice that?

I think it gives people room for their minds to play around in the fuzzy logic thing. For all I know it was staged or just someone checking on the children. How anyone could get an sort of measurements out of that is beyond me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users