Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Florida Teen murdered by

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

#1    Copasetic

Copasetic

438579088 what am I?

• 4,221 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:13 AM

www.huffingtonpost.com said:

SANFORD, Fla. Police have released audio 911 tapes in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed teenager allegedly killed by a neighborhood watch captain while walking home from a store.

In eight chilling recordings, made the night of February 26, listeners can hear the frightened voices of neighbors calling to report screams for help, gunfire and then that someone was dead.

In perhaps the most disturbing of the recordings, a frightened voice cries out for help and pleads "No! No!" and then continues to wail.

Posted Image Read more...
Pretty hard to listen to the 911 one calls and read the story about this. You can find a petition online for there to be an arrest and investigation of George Zimmerman. Google is your friend.

More relevant links;

Zimmerman's history of agression
Miami heralds story

#2    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,633 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

I read this on Yahoo earlier today. This Zimmerman needs to be charged with the killing of this 17yr old young man who was yelling for help and knew his life was in danger. I didn't open your links but the story I saw said the teen had been to the store for candy and was walking home when he was chased by this neighborhood watch person. Even the people watching this happen were very upset. The calls Zimmerman made to 911 have a rather disturbing attitude towards anyone he saw walking down the street. Sounded to me like a self-styled vigilante wannabe. The 911 operator had even told him to leave the boy alone. Very disturbing to read what happened here.
Can't find the article on Yahoo now, but I remember reading that the teen's parents have requested the FBI be brought into the investigation because they feel the police are covering up for Zimmerman and no longer trust them. The FBI has agreed to assist. It also said that most residents of Sanford are supporting the family and want this man brought in front of a Grand Jury for indictment.
Will keep looking to see if I can find the article.

One more edit. Here's the article I read that was linked to Yahoo.
http://www.google.co...2115c5445189df9

Edited by susieice, 18 March 2012 - 06:17 AM.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#3    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,136 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostCopasetic, on 18 March 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

Pretty hard to listen to the 911 one calls and read the story about this. You can find a petition online for there to be an arrest and investigation of George Zimmerman. Google is your friend.

More relevant links;

Zimmerman's history of agression
Miami heralds story

I would suggest an investigation into the Police Dept there should also be carried out. The indications from the story suggest institutionalised racism within it.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#4    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,570 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

That is truly tragic - Zimmerman claimed the boy was acting "like he was on drugs".  I wonder what the autopsy says?  I would not be at all surprised if the kid was squeeky clean.  This Zimmerman needs to be put away for life, it's just plain outrageous that he has not yet been charged.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#5    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

Wow what a nutcase. I can't believe that guy hasn't been arrested.

#6    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Poltergeist

• 3,170 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

One can only hope that the police are building their case against him before making an arrest.  Or else the vigilante has "connections" in town.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,847 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 18 March 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

One can only hope that the police are building their case against him before making an arrest.  Or else the vigilante has "connections" in town.
Not at all uncommon in small towns.  Sanford's not so small but not huge either.  Disgraceful.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,567 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Dude needs to burn for that.

I'm surprised to hear that neighborhood watch patrolmen can carry firearms.

#9    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,136 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 18 March 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

I'm not entirely sure the police are building any case. The Police Chief has gone on record stating there is no evidence to doubt Zimmerman's testimony of what occurred (Zimmerman alleges the youth attacked him, and he shot him in self-defence).

There is also this...

Zimmerman told police that was him crying for help and that Trayvon started the fight. He claimed self-defense and was not charged, flaring deep-seated racial tensions between blacks and police, who have a long history of distrust. On at least two prior occasions, the Sanford Police Department was accused of giving favorable treatment to relatives of officers involved in violent encounters with blacks.

In 2010, police waited seven weeks to arrest a lieutenant’s son who was caught on video sucker-punching a homeless black man.

In 2005, two security guards — one the son of a longtime Sanford police officer and the other a department volunteer — killed a black man they said was trying to run them over. Black leaders complained of a lackluster investigation. The guards ultimately were acquitted.

Read more here: http://www.miamihera...b#storylink=cpy

...which may suggest the Police Dept of Sanford, Florida are less than exemplary in dealing with crimes against black people.

I hope, if the FBI do get involved, they can provide a voice analysis of the 911 calls to ascertain who it was screaming for help - as Zimmerman asserts that was him. However, the testimonies of the callers to 911 all seem to suggest the screams were from the youth.

Edited by Leonardo, 18 March 2012 - 02:42 PM.

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

#10    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'm going to go against the crowd here. While it sounds like this Zimmerman was an obnoxious jackass the scenario he lays out is a pretty believable one. I know that as a high school junior I would have started an altercation with a strange guy following me around in my neighborhood at night, probably would have assaulted him honestly.

I think the cops have it right when they say they just don't have any evidence that Zimmerman's story isn't true.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#11    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Telekinetic

• 7,347 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

Vigilante on a mission from his God.

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,847 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

View Postbigtroutak, on 18 March 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

I'm going to go against the crowd here. While it sounds like this Zimmerman was an obnoxious jackass the scenario he lays out is a pretty believable one. I know that as a high school junior I would have started an altercation with a strange guy following me around in my neighborhood at night, probably would have assaulted him honestly.

I think the cops have it right when they say they just don't have any evidence that Zimmerman's story isn't true.
Even if this is the case, and you're right that it's plausible, why the use of deadly force on someone unarmed?  Doesn't pass the smell test.  Even some of the folks Zimmerman was supposed to be protecting had complained about his tactics.  I see Sanford becoming a must see destination for representatives of several federal agencies for awhile.  Their city taxes will probably go up to pay for the settlement they'll be paying, also.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#13    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,633 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostRafterman, on 18 March 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Dude needs to burn for that.

I'm surprised to hear that neighborhood watch patrolmen can carry firearms.
That surprised me also. The 911 dispatcher told Zimmerman to stop following the teen. He is not a policeman. If there had been need, 911 would have dispatched one. Why was this not done?
@ bigtroutak- Even if you did start an altercation with a stranger who was following you in the dark, it would be you acting in self-defense, not the person chasing you.
I see no excuse for this shooting. Thank goodness it was witnessed by people who reported what they saw on 911 tapes also. Very upsetting to watch and unsettling to read about.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#14    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,136 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

View Postand then, on 18 March 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

Even if this is the case, and you're right that it's plausible, why the use of deadly force on someone unarmed?  Doesn't pass the smell test.  Even some of the folks Zimmerman was supposed to be protecting had complained about his tactics.  I see Sanford becoming a must see destination for representatives of several federal agencies for awhile.  Their city taxes will probably go up to pay for the settlement they'll be paying, also.

The use of deadly force against an unarmed (alleged) assailant was justified with Florida's "stand your ground" law, which permits the use of deadly force if the person believes they at risk of their life.

While this law may provide benefit to some - little old ladies or other vulnerable people - it was fiercly debated before introduction because of the relative ease of it's abuse.

I am concerned how Zimmerman, who was previously arrested and charged with assault of a police officer, was able to 'plea bargain' his way out of that charge to leave a clean criminal record and permit his licensing for carrying a firearm.

#15    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 18 March 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

I am concerned how Zimmerman, who was previously arrested and charged with assault of a police officer, was able to 'plea bargain' his way out of that charge to leave a clean criminal record and permit his licensing for carrying a firearm.

Because its Florida! LMAO

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users