Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Florida Teen murdered by

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

#1216    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,226 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 04 December 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

If you can, I can too.  Now, drop it.
Drop what? Having a discussion about the op topic on a thread even at the risk of butting heads or not making friends? I don't think so. Welcome to the United States/US Politics forum! That's just how it goes. PS: I didn't storm the thread with assumptions practically passed off as eye witness testimony. When I make an assumption the intent is almost always stated or implied :)

Posted Image

#1217    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 04 December 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Drop what? Having a discussion about the op topic on a thread even at the risk of butting heads or not making friends? I don't think so. Welcome to the United States/US Politics forum! That's just how it goes. PS: I didn't storm the thread with assumptions practically passed off as eye witness testimony. When I make an assumption the intent is almost always stated or implied :)

Whatever you say... I'm done with you.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#1218    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 04 December 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

I don't know that much about women, but I know the ladies will always have the last word, right or wrong! (Sure seems that way, anyhow...) I've had women tell me to drop it before, and usually I do to keep the peace, but to say that in a public forum seems a bit beyond the pale.

Edited by Gummug, 07 December 2012 - 05:44 AM.

Posted Image

#1219    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,233 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

http://abcnews.go.co...18580970?page=2

Just an update from Sanford, Florida.  It seems the community is taking steps to come together and heal as Trayvon Martin's 18th birthday comes around.  There will be a hearing in April to see if dismissing the case based on self defense is justified, if it isn't then the trial is set for June.  The article implies that there can be only one acceptable judgment.  Gonna be a long, hot summer I think.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#1220    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

I think they should throw the case out based on no fair trial being possible because of extreme prejudice stirred up by the media...then maybe that would teach the media just to report the news instead of being "shapers of opinion" (in other words, propagandists). Maybe that would teach them a lesson, but I doubt it (the media, I mean).

Posted Image

#1221    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,035 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

I also think this case should be thrown out.   But it won't.   The threat of cries of racism will force a trial.

#1222    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Zimmerman is a coward. He shot a unarmed teenager.

#1223    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,476 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Who happened to most likely be on top of him, beating the sh!t out of him :whistle:  minor details :unsure2:

#1224    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,035 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

View Postwolfknight, on 25 February 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

The guy had arms.    He was also using the arms to beat up a neighborhood watch member.

#1225    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,778 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

I'd have shot him too. If my head was being beat against the ground and the guy on top of me was yelling that he was going to kill me (as some witness reported) then I'd do what I needed to save myself.

The fact Trayvon was a young man is IRRELEVANT. The fact he is black is IRRELEVANT. The fact he was having a hard time in school and socially is.... IRRELEVANT. He was on top of a guy beating his head against the ground and yelling that he was going to kill him.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1226    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,778 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostMyles, on 25 February 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

I also think this case should be thrown out.   But it won't.   The threat of cries of racism will force a trial.
It will definately go to Trial, but Zimmerman will get off easily. Unless he is sacrificed by his lawyer. Only a bad lawyer could get him to be found guilty. Probably what will happen is a plea bargain with Z doing just a year or so of time, and basically getting probation after that.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1227    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,035 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 25 February 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

It will definately go to Trial, but Zimmerman will get off easily. Unless he is sacrificed by his lawyer. Only a bad lawyer could get him to be found guilty. Probably what will happen is a plea bargain with Z doing just a year or so of time, and basically getting probation after that.
With all the media bashing of George, it might be worse.    Lots of pressure for a guilty verdict.

#1228    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,778 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostMyles, on 25 February 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

With all the media bashing of George, it might be worse. Lots of pressure for a guilty verdict.
Any lawyer or judge that bows to the Court of Public opinion rather then the actual law should be thrown out of their job and put into the unemployment rolls.

#1229    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,476 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Any lawyer or judge that bows to the Court of Public opinion rather then the actual law should be thrown out of their job and put into the unemployment rolls.

they should be locked up for life at the least.

#1230    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,233 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostMyles, on 25 February 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

With all the media bashing of George, it might be worse. Lots of pressure for a guilty verdict.
So much pressure AND more will come once this eats up again, that I think there is a real chance the jury in Fla. will sell him out.  Remember the comments prior to the election where some oldsters were saying that if the Repubs "stole" the election, they'd "burn this mother down"?  I anticipate the same kind of threats in this case.  I see trouble coming.  I will be happy to be proven wrong.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users