Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Florida Teen murdered by

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

#1291    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostMyles, on 14 May 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Clean cut case. - To the uninformed
not just uninformed, more like biased rasict

RESIDENT TROLL.

#1292    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'm sorry. I am just seeing a lot of racial bias in this case. It is all sad and unfortunate.

Sadly some of the people here are filled with hate and just want to form a lynch mob... :unsure2:

#1293    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Zimmerman was not threatened by the boy, therefore Zimmerman is not entitled to invoke SYG.

Z was armed, the kid was not.

Racist or not, Zimmerman was a type of vigilante, and he disregarded the advice and instructions of his police dispatcher.

#1294    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 14 May 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

Zimmerman was not threatened by the boy, therefore Zimmerman is not entitled to invoke SYG.

you don't know that, you were not there.
Z is not using SYG in the case.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#1295    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,507 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 14 May 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

You are stating your opinions.    No evidence to back it up.

#1296    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

View Postaztek, on 14 May 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

you don't know that, you were not there.
Z is not using SYG in the case.

Then under what legal authority did he fire his weapon taking the life of another?

That is actually the only law in the state of Florida that allows one to fire a weapon in a public area or within 1,000 ft. of civilization except in firing ranges.

Sanford police said Zimmerman was told by operators not to use his weapon, but he did so anyway, killing the teenager.
http://baynews9.com/...ake_over_h.html

Zimmerman also blatantly violated major principles of the Neighborhood Watch manual, ABC News has learned.
The manual, from the National Neighborhood Watch Program, states: "It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers, and they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles. They should also be cautioned to alert police or deputies when encountering strange activity. Members should never confront suspicious persons who could be armed and dangerous...."

According to Chris Tutko, the director of the National Neighborhood Watch Program, there are about 22,000 registered watch groups nationwide, and Zimmerman was not part of a registered group—another fact the police were not aware of at the time of the incident.

ABC News is reporting that a 16-year-old girl spoke on the phone with Trayvon Martin just before he was killed, and she said Martin was evading the pursuer who would eventually kill him. She told her story to the network:

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run."
Eventually he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.
"Trayvon said, 'What, are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again and he didn't answer the phone."
The line went dead. Besides screams heard on 911 calls that night as Martin and Zimmerman scuffled, those were the last words he said.

Trayvon's phone logs, also obtained exclusively by ABC News, show the conversation occurred five minutes before police first arrived on scene.

Not that this matters: As Adam points out, even if Martin was a criminal felon—which he apparently wasn't—and even if George Zimmerman, the shooter, knew his victim's record—which he obviously didn't—even alleged criminals would have the right not to be gunned down without cause. For Holt to fantasize otherwise isn't criminal. But it also isn't reporting, and it's perilously close to racebaiting.
http://www.motherjon...artin-explained

It didn’t take long for Zimmerman to adjust to his new Florida home. In 2003, he gave chase when he saw a man steal a television from a supermarket, following the shoplifter until police could catch up. Zimmerman followed another man a year later, saying the man had spit on him.
Zimmerman’s record becomes spottier over the following years as he had a handful of run-ins with the law. In July 2005, Zimmerman was arrested after a tussle with law enforcement outside of a bar near the University of Central Florida. It was a first offense, and Zimmerman got off with a pretrial diversion program.
http://www.thedailyb...-neighbors.html

The attorney for the Florida man accused of fatally shooting Trayvon Martin says he won't need the two weeks a judge has set aside for an immunity hearing under the state's controversial self defense law.
http://www.cbsnews.c...ground-hearing/

Had they been able to prove Zimmerman shot Martin in self defense, he’d be a free man. A not guilty verdict would send the world reeling! However, had they kept relying on “Stand Your Ground,” prosecutors would have picked Zimmerman’s story apart! Now it all makes sense. The defense team didn’t want to have to deal with Zimmerman looking like a liar on the stands, I guess.

Zimmerman claims that he fired in self-defense after Trayvon punched him, broke his nose, then began pounding his head onto a sidewalk. While those assertions are every bit of self-serving; however, none of that would have EVER happened had GZ stayed in his truck and not gotten out to chase TM down on foot with a loaded 9mm gun and then try to DETAIN the boy against his will. GZ lost any claim to self-defense because he CREATED that situation, and under Florida law,"there is no self-defense when you create the situation." Vila v. State 74 So.3d 1110 (5th Dist. 2011).
http://hellobeautifu...trayvon-martin/

Anyone else have an opinion about a vigilante that fired his weapon at someone not posing a threat?
He wasn't even a member of a crime watch, just a vigilante..

He murdered a minor, nuff said 'Merica.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#1297    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostxFelix, on 14 May 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Then under what legal authority did he fire his weapon taking the life of another?

self defence, and yes, he was a neighbourhood watch capitan, pretty common knowlege,

stop with your rasict b.s.
you proved to be oblivious to facts of the case,. and seem to twist few facts to fit your argument, and also just talking outright lies.
you don't know anymore than media fed you, enough said.

btw, you should really try to kep your post short, no one reads your half a page of b.s.

Edited by aztek, 14 May 2013 - 04:00 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#1298    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,507 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

That is actually the only law in the state of Florida that allows one to fire a weapon in a public area or within 1,000 ft. of civilization except in firing ranges.

http://baynews9.com/...ake_over_h.html

http://www.motherjon...artin-explained

http://www.thedailyb...-neighbors.html

http://www.cbsnews.c...ground-hearing/

http://hellobeautifu...trayvon-martin/

Anyone else have an opinion about a vigilante that fired his weapon at someone not posing a threat?

What is Merica?

He defended himself against a violent man.   Enough said.

#1299    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

yes, i do, there should be more neighbourhood watch capitans like him.

and yes there was very real threat, it left scars on Z's head.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#1300    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,214 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

I agree aztek, Zimmerman was obviously being attacked.  What we don't know is who initiated it.

All we have, really, is Zimmerman's account of the evening....Which actually line up pretty darn well with the evidence.

We'll have to see what the actual trial brings though.

#1301    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,507 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postsupervike, on 14 May 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

I agree aztek, Zimmerman was obviously being attacked.  What we don't know is who initiated it.

All we have, really, is Zimmerman's account of the evening....Which actually line up pretty darn well with the evidence.

We'll have to see what the actual trial brings though.
..............and hopefully not influenced by the media.

#1302    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostxFelix, on 14 May 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Ok let's start off by saying YES.. Police Dispatch IS law enforcement in the state of Florida.
I posted a link to a site where a Police Officer said they are Not. So, please post your own resource as to why you believe that the 911 operator IS law enforcement.

Because your whole arguement rests on Z pursuing M illegally.

He says "these *******s always get away", then illegally engages a fleeing victim, and when he is told to stop his pursuit he completely ignores the request. This demonstrates that he had no intention of letting him get away.

So even with your interpretation of Murder, it is clear there was malice aforethought. In the State of Florida, Murder is not defined that way and I clearly already quoted the law saying that it is defined differently.
I don't think wanting to prevent a suspected burgler from escaping is "Intent to Kill".

Actrually my definition of Murder matches EXACTLY with the definition of Murder In the First Degree in Florida law. What you are now going on about is Murder in the Second Degree....

Please post a quote where you "Clearly quoted the law"? I believe what you posted is "According to FSS 782, Zimmerman is Guilty of Murder.."

Here is what I found....

The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
http://law.justia.co...LVI/ch0782.html

So you have failed to show imminent danger, and failed to show a depraved mindset, and failed to show disregard fore human life. So none of the conditions for Murder are met. M's girlfriend was talking to him right as the two met up. There was no sense of deadly danger, or depravity or disregard for life in her statements.

Now to the claim that they were talking, did you hear them talking? Nope.
The teen was walking, saw a man staring at him, came closer to see what was going on and for whatever reason, decided to flee.
The GF phone call confirms they spoke. Z was like "Who are you" and M was like "What do you want?". M did not say, "OMG he has a GUN!!!!".

So, my backed up claim is no good, but your grand claims of Murder for things YOU did not SEE is fine??

Clearly, you can hear where the teen is screaming for help.. HOW is someone screaming for help, half your size, unarmed a threat to your life or great bodily harm?
I thought the unofficial voice analysis was that they could not tell who was screaming. But, witnesses who were on the street and looking over their back yard fences all said the black fellow in a hoodie was on top and the guy on the bottom was screaming for him to stop. Are you calling all those witnesses Racist Liars?

He fired a single shot, while he could have shot at the victim's leg or arms, he decided that a single execution style shot that would instantly kill his victim was necessary.
Yes, because when your head is being slammed into the concrete sidewalk repeatedly and you are about to black out, the thing you really want to concentrate on is shooting the guy beating you to death in the leg or foot.

Idiotic statement!!!!

Now as for who threw the first punch, that is completely irrelevant information because the engagement started when Zimmerman acted out a threat to physically harm Martin by giving chase after Martin had turned his back and started fleeing.
It is totally relevant, because if Z was within his rights to Follow M, then M actually was the one in the wrong. Following someone quietly might be stalking, but it is not a threat of death.

When was Zimmerman's life in danger?
Maybe when his head was being smashed against the ground repeatedly and M was saying how he was going to kill him???

Those are the facts and according to the facts, Zimmerman is guilty of aggravated assault, aggravated battery, and MURDER of a minor.
Except you are only using the Facts as presented by extreme Bias. If you could see past the Red Rage of Bias you'd see that Z did not murder M. Was Z beyond his legal rights? Maybe. But did he Murder M? No. Probably he could be found guilty of some kind of Manslaughter.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1303    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

So now bringing up History of an individual is OK?.....

I believe his defense is a Federal Self Defense Law.

What proof is there that Z confronted M. There is definately proof Z was following M, but none that he instigated the confrontation. It is just as likely that M initiated the confrontation. And Z did not corner M, they were on a sidewalk. One or the other would have had to have stood still for both to come together. If M stood still, then Z instigated the fight, and if M moved toward Z then He was the one turning the situation from a following situation to a confrontation.

Edited by DieChecker, 14 May 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1304    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,766 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostxFelix, on 14 May 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Semantic?

Trayvon Martin was 17 years old, 140lbs. (He was a kid legally according to his age)
George Zimmerman was 28 years old, 240lbs.

Yes he was an adult, who decided to threaten, chase and then physically attack a much smaller minor, who then tried to defend himself and screamed for help. The adult then fired a single round at the minor ending his life instantly..

I guess I can see where i'm using Semantics? It's not like the law clearly said he was not an adult therefor he was a minor or child...
So if a verdict of not guilty is given by a jury then what should happen - in your opinion?  Because I truly see a very good chance Z will walk away because the prosecutor acted like a politician.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#1305    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

i hope the jury is full of "white hispanics",  just like o'j' jury was 11blacks, 1 hispanic, no bias whatsoever. lol

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users