Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Florida Teen murdered by

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

#76    thedutchiedutch

thedutchiedutch

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

• One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.
    Bob Marley

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Well, if i am walking the streets at night, like Trayvon did, for whatever reason, and i see a guy standing there, watching me, like Zimmerman did, i would be a little freaked out. Zimmerman clearly decided from the start that Trayvon was up to no good and he mentioned that they always get away. This shows that Zimmerman was clearly frustrated and biased. Which makes me think that he was not suitable to be a so called neighborhood watch captain. To make a long story short, Zimmerman snapped. He overreacted and made up his mind. He was not going to let this one away. I don't think this was a race issue but it definitely was stereo typing and Zimmerman should pay for this. For crying out loud, Zimmerman was adviced by the 911 dispatcher not to follow Trayvon. But Zimmerman had to pursue and therefore Trayvon is unfortunately no longer with us.

So do I have time for a last smoke and a pancake or what?

#77    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,177 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 24 March 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

I agree with what you are saying. Still a crime is a crime and this was a crime. No matter what color anyone was or is it is still a crime and Zimmerman should be punished. I do have to say if this were my child I would be thinking that my child was murdered and they are saying it is his fault. He was doing nothing wrong. He was murdered. And it's the obsession with crime in this country. And once again the real criminal is walking the streets while the innocent has paid with his life. And it's all entertainment to most. Very sad.

Agreed!

#78    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,316 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

So I've been thinking about this over the past few days and have been wondering why the black community is putting such emphasis on this case when in just my little neck of the woods here in Albany, NY, we've had 5 young black men murdered since the incident went down in Florida.

Yesterday we had a few dozen folks marching through downtown wearing hoodies, carrying iced tea, and skittles. Where are the marchers and the community when all of the others are killed?

It just seems a bit misplaced to get agitated over something that happened 1,000 miles away when it's happened 4 more times in your own backyard.  Not to mention the usual cadre of black leaders and even the President is speaking out on this, but yet the day-to-day level of violence against young black men doesn't seem to merit their interest.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#79    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostRafterman, on 25 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

So I've been thinking about this over the past few days and have been wondering why the black community is putting such emphasis on this case when in just my little neck of the woods here in Albany, NY, we've had 5 young black men murdered since the incident went down in Florida.

Yesterday we had a few dozen folks marching through downtown wearing hoodies, carrying iced tea, and skittles. Where are the marchers and the community when all of the others are killed?

It just seems a bit misplaced to get agitated over something that happened 1,000 miles away when it's happened 4 more times in your own backyard.  Not to mention the usual cadre of black leaders and even the President is speaking out on this, but yet the day-to-day level of violence against young black men doesn't seem to merit their interest.

Maybe that's what this is all about. Maybe they are using this to bring it to the attention of the public?

#80    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,316 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 25 March 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Maybe that's what this is all about. Maybe they are using this to bring it to the attention of the public?

Like it's any big secret?

I agree though they are "using" it - question is to what end.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#81    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,675 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostRafterman, on 25 March 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Like it's any big secret?

I agree though they are "using" it - question is to what end.

Gingrich's response that Obama's remarks were disgraceful was funny.

I understand why the police have their emphasis on probable cause.

They can't technically prove that Trayvon didn't assault Zimmerman.

But considering the circumstances; Zimmerman's perpetuation of the situation by directly engaging in Trayvon, despite not being told to - he is responsible. If he didn't engage, Trayvon would more than likely be alive.

Vigilante justice isn't good justice when the kid lives in the damn neighborhood you're trying to protect.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#82    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,905 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

That's the sealer in this whole case for me. Zimmerman followed Trayvon, despite being told not to, and instigated the confrontation instead of waiting for a patrol car to arrive. Anyone being followed by someone they don't know for no reason they can understand would have fought back too when approached. That's not assaulting in my book. Trayvon probably thought he was the one being mugged or jumped or whatever and also went into defense mode. This seems clear at this time from what the girlfriend said he told her on the phone. Vigilantism and nothing more.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#83    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,989 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

View Postlightly, on 25 March 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

You guys are right....  i rushed to judgement based on  things i heard that were not verifiable FACT ..
I can't view, or hear, the video without a lot of hassle.
I heard that zimmerman muttered under his breath on his phone call .. " *****n  C**n "   and   " THEY always get away"   .. which is where i got the impression that he might be racist.
I also heard that zimmerman had been charged in the past with assaulting a police officer.. , which is where i got the impression  that the man might have a tendency for violence, I don't know for a FACT  if that is true either.   Anyway... i was wrong to make assumptions based on flimsy "news"  statements.
  That's a lesson we all should learn.  
   I'm glad to see that the young man's death is at least being looked into now.. instead of casually brushed  aside as a rightful "stand your ground" killing. That bothered me.  Maybe there enough laws on the books without making up new ones to make it easier to kill each other?

Several of Zimmerman's neighbours in the gated community have gone on record saying that Zimmerman warned them to be on the lookout for "young, black males", some of whom he believed were responsible for various recent crimes. He had definitely profiled "young, black males" (as a group) as potential criminals and that sound suspiciously like racism to me. This is not to say he identified Trayvon Martin as being a "young, black male" when he pursued him - there is no evidence (afaik) he was initially aware of the colour of the youth's skin.

It is a verifiable fact that Zimmerman was charged with assaulting a police officer, but the charges were later dropped. The reason I read for the dropping of the charges is that Zimmerman plea-bargained to a lesser charge, which did not affect his ability to procure a gun licence. His action of assaulting an officer of the law does not necessarily reflect a tendency to violence but should, of itself, disqualified him from being able to obtain a gun licence.

While you, perhaps, made assumptions about Zimmerman's character based on isolated reports, and those assumptions may be insecure, that does not mean the reports themselves are false.

Edited by Leonardo, 26 March 2012 - 08:55 AM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#84    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,042 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostLeonardo, on 26 March 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

Several of Zimmerman's neighbours in the gated community have gone on record saying that Zimmerman warned them to be on the lookout for "young, black males", some of whom he believed were responsible for various recent crimes. He had definitely profiled "young, black males" (as a group) as potential criminals and that sound suspiciously like racism to me. This is not to say he identified Trayvon Martin as being a "young, black male" when he pursued him - there is no evidence (afaik) he was initially aware of the colour of the youth's skin.

It is a verifiable fact that Zimmerman was charged with assaulting a police officer, but the charges were later dropped. The reason I read for the dropping of the charges is that Zimmerman plea-bargained to a lesser charge, which did not affect his ability to procure a gun licence. His action of assaulting an officer of the law does not necessarily reflect a tendency to violence but should, of itself, disqualified him from being able to obtain a gun licence.

While you, perhaps, made assumptions about Zimmerman's character based on isolated reports, and those assumptions may be insecure, that does not mean the reports themselves are false.
I'd like to know if there were any crimes in the area where the suspects were reported as young black men.

#85    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,613 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostLeonardo, on 26 March 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

Thanks Leonardo,  i was trying to smooth feathers i had ruffled by calling Zimmerman a racist, without irrefutable proof.   I believe Zimmerman does use the descriptor "black male" in his call to police?  ( According to a news report i saw on the matter... can someone verify that? )
  I also called Zimmerman a fool..  though most likely an incomplete fool, i think i'll stick with my instincts on that one.

Edited by lightly, 26 March 2012 - 11:52 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#86    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,316 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostDrayno, on 25 March 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Gingrich's response that Obama's remarks were disgraceful was funny.

I understand why the police have their emphasis on probable cause.

They can't technically prove that Trayvon didn't assault Zimmerman.

But considering the circumstances; Zimmerman's perpetuation of the situation by directly engaging in Trayvon, despite not being told to - he is responsible. If he didn't engage, Trayvon would more than likely be alive.

Vigilante justice isn't good justice when the kid lives in the damn neighborhood you're trying to protect.

And that's fine.  If Zimmerman is guilty he should face the same justice system that any of us would face.

But as it's playing out, it seems that facts are the furthest thing from may folks' minds right now.

#87    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,989 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostRafterman, on 26 March 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

And that's fine.  If Zimmerman is guilty he should face the same justice system that any of us would face.

But as it's playing out, it seems that facts are the furthest thing from may folks' minds right now.

I would suggest otherwise, that it is "the facts" that many people are trying to ascertain.

Edited by Leonardo, 26 March 2012 - 02:53 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#88    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,042 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 26 March 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

I would suggest otherwise, that it is "the facts" that many people are trying to ascertain.
I think many peoples emotions and the race card have played into this.   Like I said earlier, before I started looking into this, I though an older white guy killed a little black kid.  I wonder how much of the evidence has been released to the public.

#89    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,316 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 26 March 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

So if, in the end, the shooting was deemed justifiable under Florida self-defense law, you really think everyone is going to be OK with that?

#90    DoesntReallyLike

DoesntReallyLike

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

I heard about this today:

New Black Panther Party Offers $10,000 Bounty for George Zimmerman

This is what I was addressing earlier this thread, this is why people need to let the legal system do it's job and not try people in the court of public opinion.

If he ends up getting shot I hope due credit for this lynch mob will be given to Obama and Eric Holder and Fat Al Chumpton and all the others who felt the need to chime in on this.

It's messed up when racists think they can take the law into their own hands ( I was talking about Zimmerman of course )

( Nice job to our leaders on easing racial tensions by the way, MLK would be proud  :no: )

Edited by Illuminerdi, 26 March 2012 - 05:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users