Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Space Shuttle Challenger Hit By Terra-3

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Space Shuttle Challenger Hit By Terra-3 Soviet Strategic Space Weapon During Cold War Spy Mission

"Our thanks to former Space Shuttle Scientist and American Patriot, Clark McClelland, for his great generosity in sharing the following fascinating chapter from his extraordinary new book, The Stargate Chronicles, with the world.

The revelations in this chapter reveal a surprising, unknown piece of cold war history which came very close to creating a major international standoff between the US and the USSR".

hhhmmm, how do these 'secrets' get out I wonder?  Even if remotely true that is..

Clicking the link takes you to a short page with a pdf file with the whole story..

http://www.rense.com.../shuttless.html

#2    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

A bit dull

• 26,401 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

*rolls eyes*

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

*cough*cough*bull*****

#4    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,477 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostObviousman, on 19 March 2012 - 01:59 AM, said:

*cough*cough*bull*****
Turns head and also cough`s ! Too True ! :wacko:

This is a Work in Progress!

#5    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,363 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

* waits for the usual suspects to show up claiming how real this is *

:rolleyes:

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#6    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Good lord,... Is there no limit to the absurdity!?  :wacko:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#7    flyingswan

flyingswan

Government Agent

• 3,972 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostHazzard, on 19 March 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Good lord,... Is there no limit to the absurdity!?  :wacko:
If you don't appreciate absurdity, what are you doing here?

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true" - Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
In which case it is fortunate that:
"Science is the best defense against believing what we want to" - Ian Stewart (1945- )

#8    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Poltergeist

• 2,208 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

Guess ill have to use this facepalm again today.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

I mean seriously???

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#9    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• 1,353 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

i gave up on rense when he linked to a triangle UFO video which was shot in a closet.. you could even see the door opening at one stage

the russians have been talking about some star cannon for decades.. what's the big news?

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#10    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

View Postunit, on 29 April 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

i gave up on rense when he linked to a triangle UFO video which was shot in a closet.. you could even see the door opening at one stage

the russians have been talking about some star cannon for decades.. what's the big news?

Really? can you give me the link?

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#11    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

That is certainly an interesting story!  Pieces of the Challenger washed up on the beaches where I live, 60 miles southeast.  He failed to mention whether it flew any other missions between the time it was lasered and the time it crashed?

I've been reading AW&ST for the better part of 40 years now, and am wondering if I read something about that incident back then?

#12    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• 1,118 posts

• old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 29 April 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

That is certainly an interesting story!  Pieces of the Challenger washed up on the beaches where I live, 60 miles southeast.  He failed to mention whether it flew any other missions between the time it was lasered and the time it crashed?

I've been reading AW&ST for the better part of 40 years now, and am wondering if I read something about that incident back then?

well im pretty sure you didn't read about it back then because its a bunch of crap, challenger was the most used vehicle in the fleet and flew 7 missions between this supposed incident and it's accident in 86, being as the heat resistant tiles were stripped and replaced after every mission i find it very hard to believe that any sort of damage would go unoticed, and of course the actual cause of the challenger explosion was an o ring fault in one the solid rocket boosters not the shuttle itself, there is plenty of video footage that shows the booster at fault The official report into challenger's destruction was pretty damning on nasa and was an embarrasment to the reagan administration, and lets face it reagan was certainly no friend of the soviets during this period which saw some very tense moments of the cold war, im sure if they could of pinned it on the soviets they would have.
of course this is only my opinion, but just ask my wife im always right :yes:
peace out

TCB

#13    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,363 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Postcenobite, on 29 April 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

well im pretty sure you didn't read about it back then because its a bunch of crap, challenger was the most used vehicle in the fleet and flew 7 missions between this supposed incident and it's accident in 86, being as the heat resistant tiles were stripped and replaced after every mission i find it very hard to believe that any sort of damage would go unoticed, and of course the actual cause of the challenger explosion was an o ring fault in one the solid rocket boosters not the shuttle itself, there is plenty of video footage that shows the booster at fault The official report into challenger's destruction was pretty damning on nasa and was an embarrasment to the reagan administration, and lets face it reagan was certainly no friend of the soviets during this period which saw some very tense moments of the cold war, im sure if they could of pinned it on the soviets they would have.
peace out

Good points, but just a clarification on the bolded above...

The heat shield tiles / blankets were inspected after each mission and any damaged / missing tiles or blankets were replaced.

Stripping and replacing the entire heat shield system after each flight would be prohibitive from both a time and expense standpoint.

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 29 April 2012 - 07:39 PM.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#14    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

View Postcenobite, on 29 April 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

peace out

Yes, I agree with everything you say, except possibly for your statement that 'it's a bunch of crap.'

Maybe it is, and maybe it's not.  What I can remember is that we were in disagreement with the Russians on many things during the Cold War, but those disagreements were resolved in time to partner with them in the International Space Station.

The story this man tells could very well be true.

#15    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Checking public information at NASA website, STS 41G, the flight in question in this thread, was launched with a northeast (57 degree) inclination, which determines that its orbit would have placed it over Russia.

Most launch inclinations are southeast, this one was northeast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users