Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Australian Bipedal sightings

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,444 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 13 April 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

We have a lot of feral animals here like red deer (Cervus elaphus) - do you have any experience with their vocalisations?

No experience at all....Only what I have seen on TV.

Pacific Northwest here...Elk, Deer, Fox, Coon, Owl, etc,etc,etc....

I can say, sounds I hear and have heard at night ( I know of as being known animals ) are amazing here....And passed off as " Bigfoot " howls.....

I could just imagine the sounds in Oz.......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#47    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

I used to work at the local zoo to help pay my way through uni - it had red deer and the sounds it made, while not exactly the same as that attributed to the Yowie on Paranormal TV, were not too dissimilar either. Maybe someone else can comment…

Funnily, the zoo also had a pair of grizzlies and a leopard and I never heard them roar.

Ah, those grizzlies - on my 1st day I was told they could get their paw through the cage about a foot and when it was time to feed them I had to walk along the perimeter almost brushing against the cage whilst carrying the buckets of food. 'Twas a crash course in not-showing-fear, I suppose. Yet whenever a visitors hat blew off they snatched it up quick-as-a-flash in order to eat the leather...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#48    Solo Kind

Solo Kind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

• Nothing to see here.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

I'll add to this one.
One. While I was living in the nothern parts of New south for a period of time working on a farm. One night out of boredum I did some searching of anything interesting. I stumbled apon an Dog/Fox like animal with hined legs such as a walliby (Think small kangaroo for those not aware) that lived and was seen around the lower parts of nimbun, Mulumbimby, and as far as Byron Bay.
Courious, I thought Id ask one of the guys on the farm while in the field. Being that he had lived in the area all his life. If he had heard of such an animal? To my suprise he had. But never had seen one. An older guy over heard the convo, who worked his own block of land in the area for years piped up, stateing he too had known of them; And had seen one many years ago.
Google the area.

Regarding the Large Cats. My partner has seen one, Or I believe she had. Not long after we had gotten together (QLD). She was moving furniture in a Horse float, from Roma. She claimed she seen a in her words "A ****king large as animal"
When I stoped laughing over the phone, I asked her what she thought she had seen? Compare it to some thing? She claimed it was like a cat. So I thought Hmm ok. Some big A** tom roaming the country side.
Latter she said "Oh No, this thing was Bloody big" She was to my supprise pretty spooked by it. (still today, she claims she doesn't know what it was) I did ask if it stood as tall as a Small roo? Easily, if not bigger still!

On research. Large cats are common in Oz. The story go's that after the war Solders had Pets. Lepords, and such that they would keep in secretcy. Many where brought back.But when they became to large to either feed, Keep out of sight from the officials. they where oftern releast into the bush. After all, Its not like you could take one to the zoo, and go. Oh I just stubbled upon this as a Cub etc.

Edited by TridentAA, 16 May 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#49    spawn666

spawn666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• The animal i have become.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

To answer your question yes there are werewolves in australia but no that i no of no sightings have been reported.

Spawnwolf

#50    spawn666

spawn666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• The animal i have become.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Oh dident check all the comments i guess you have some sightings now ^^

Spawnwolf

#51    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,340 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Just to point out, the OP hasn't been active on this site for almost a year.

Posted Image

#52    TheVeryFirstDinosaur

TheVeryFirstDinosaur

Paranormal Investigator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

• Local Community Wizard

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:42 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 19 January 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

Just to point out, the OP hasn't been active on this site for almost a year.

Bipedals got 'em.  
*spits*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users