Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Australian Bipedal sightings

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1    Liverpool_rule1

Liverpool_rule1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any interesting Bipedal stories from Australia. Anything relating Yowie/Bigfoots, Werewolves etc etc

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,559 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostLiverpool_rule1, on 19 March 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

Just wondering if anyone has any interesting Bipedal stories from Australia. Anything relating Yowie/Bigfoots, Werewolves etc etc

I thought most Austrailians were bipedal... Well - at least most of the time...

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,056 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

I'm bipedal, most of the time.

#4    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

Yeah I sight bi-pedal Australians everyday, except new years eve.

Haha joke over, no ive never seen anything cryptid related and doubt I ever will. Theres always the myths of yowies but only in aboriginal tales.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#5    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'm Not Trying To Change The Subject, So I Apologise .. But I Can't Help But Wondering, Has Anyone Seen Any Of Those Beings In Europe?? Europe Seems Boring, We Only Have Werevolves  :P

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#6    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostNinhursag, on 20 March 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

I'm Not Trying To Change The Subject, So I Apologise .. But I Can't Help But Wondering, Has Anyone Seen Any Of Those Beings In Europe?? Europe Seems Boring, We Only Have Werevolves  :P

To be honest I dont think anyone has seen one. Theres so much evidence against it and only dodgy evidence towards it. For some reason though a lot of cultures have stories of bipedal monsters. Maybe its scarier to think of a monster that walks on two legs like humans.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#7    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostNinhursag, on 20 March 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Heh, we 'have' almas, kobolds, faery people, trolls, vampires, strega, Loch Ness monsters, witches, and maybe I forgot a dozen or so.

#8    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

I've been quiet in Cryptos for a reason lately but I've been on here since 2004 and have spoken openly about our Hairy guys since then.

Beware though there are some major named hoaxers over here just like in the US but there are also plenty of genuine sightings from people even today, it never ended with Aboriginal story telling.

I guess if I had joined here recently rather then when I did I would never had shared my story as the board is very closed minded now, (as in not even trying to listen to the possibilities of what could be out there) before it had a mixture of people and a lot of people use to talk openly back then as well, they've all left here now though.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#9    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,225 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostTia, on 25 March 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

I've been quiet in Cryptos for a reason lately but I've been on here since 2004 and have spoken openly about our Hairy guys since then.

Beware though there are some major named hoaxers over here just like in the US but there are also plenty of genuine sightings from people even today, it never ended with Aboriginal story telling.

I guess if I had joined here recently rather then when I did I would never had shared my story as the board is very closed minded now, (as in not even trying to listen to the possibilities of what could be out there) before it had a mixture of people and a lot of people use to talk openly back then as well, they've all left here now though.

Tia,

with all due respect, I do not think it is being " close minded ".It is the years and years of no evidence.

Look at the idiots on finding Bigfoot ( BFRO ), they alone have over 60 years " experience " investigating Bigfoot, and not one piece of evidence.

I think I can speak for all " skeptics " and say we would all love nothing more than to see news of these creatures existing, or at least something substantial that would lean towards that possibility.

That is the problem, anything like that has either been a hoax, or " not released " because of whatever reasons.( excuses ).There are numerous claims from investigators that there is evidence, and it will be released......" you just wait "........I think we are all tired of it.

" the little boy who cried wolf "

It is not close minded, it is that the stories, and the legends, and the so called " evidence " have become very redundant..Hell, when me and the wife were sitting on the couch a few years back, and on National News, a story of a Bigfoot body came on.....I actually stood up and said ......." YES ! " as if some credibility has come, and a new species was able to do a Houdini all these years......Boy did I feel stupid.........I had let down my ignorant guard there for a while.......( Bigfoot in freezer )......Then there was Sylvanic, just maybe some evidence again......What a waste of time that was......It is the same thing, over and over, and over.

As said Tia, with all do respect, I would love to see something come out of all of these stories, I am no longer holding my breath though.

Edited by Sakari, 25 March 2012 - 06:49 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#10    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostSakari, on 25 March 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

Tia,

with all due respect, I do not think it is being " close minded ".It is the years and years of no evidence.

Look at the idiots on finding Bigfoot ( BFRO ), they alone have over 60 years " experience " investigating Bigfoot, and not one piece of evidence.

I think I can speak for all " skeptics " and say we would all love nothing more than to see news of these creatures existing, or at least something substantial that would lean towards that possibility.

That is the problem, anything like that has either been a hoax, or " not released " because of whatever reasons.( excuses ).There are numerous claims from investigators that there is evidence, and it will be released......" you just wait "........I think we are all tired of it.

" the little boy who cried wolf "

It is not close minded, it is that the stories, and the legends, and the so called " evidence " have become very redundant..Hell, when me and the wife were sitting on the couch a few years back, and on National News, a story of a Bigfoot body came on.....I actually stood up and said ......." YES ! " as if some credibility has come, and a new species was able to do a Houdini all these years......Boy did I feel stupid.........I had let down my ignorant guard there for a while.......( Bigfoot in freezer )......Then there was Sylvanic, just maybe some evidence again......What a waste of time that was......It is the same thing, over and over, and over.

As said Tia, with all do respect, I would love to see something come out of all of these stories, I am no longer holding my breath though.
Oh Sakari - there you go, ruining everybody's fantasy fun ride with boring old logic and reason.  I mean how dare we as skeptics ask the faithful of the cryptozoological world to play by the same rules established by the rest of science regarding finding new species of critters?

#11    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

Orangepeaceful79, I hope that fantasy comment wasn't pointed at me????????????

I agree with you guys I have no respect for all the major groups such as AYR, BFF and BFRO and who ever else you have over there. I also do look at stuff in the crypto forums still, I just don't post. I agree again with the stuff I have bothered looking at I highly question it also.

I believe with what has been in front of my eyes, been seen or heard by many others here and if you guys choose to ignore that that's your right to do that.

I have been burned big time in my real life as you would have read with an attack placed against my innocent child all because I know something they don't want revealed, another hoax by a group.... who really cares anymore, I suppose this one does though because they've based their whole starting and following based on this lie.

If someone wants to send me a $9000 FlIR camera to borrow I may be able to get the footage you're after but it's migration time here so it'll have to wait till late spring/ summer now. See it's not that easy, you want proof, the money goes to idiots instead and no I've never seen any of their shows and how am I going to be able to fund such a thing myself?

Hey here's the comment back from Professor Archers colleague....

Hi    !
Thanks for sending the FLIR depicting the   ...?
I reviewed the clip 4 or 5 times and am still not sure what the object really is.
I noticed that the time stamp on the clip was 3:44 AM.  Were you recording with infrared?
Have you seen these "beings" bending over or moving around?
Cheers!
Terry

See even the scientific world can't answer what I have. They definitely ruled it out as something normal and want more footage, once again that was the point in sending it to them.....I need funding if they want that.

You can't make me out as the bad guy/ fantasy liar when I am trying my best to seek out answers.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#12    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,225 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

View PostTia, on 26 March 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

I believe with what has been in front of my eyes, been seen or heard by many others here and if you guys choose to ignore that that's your right to do that.

Tia,

I am not ignoring anything.........It is exactly what I all ready stated....Claims, claims, and more claims......No evidence......Nothing more than blurry videos, or pictures, most known hoax's....I will just be repeating myself, and you know what I meant the first time.

I believe you heard something you can not explain, maybe even some other peoples claims may be true ( hearing something they could not explain )......Do I think it means a bi-pedal creature is lurking North America and Australia?.......No.

As for the footage you are talking about, they say they are not sure what the " object " is....Tia, that is far away from saying they do not know what kind of animal that is.....Where did they rule out other things?......

Ah, never mind, you will have to answer these questions enough, you do not need to with me also.

Hopefully, they will look more, and maybe go out and do research, that would be nice.....Keep it up !

I hope all is well with you,

Rob

Edited by Sakari, 26 March 2012 - 02:27 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#13    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostTia, on 26 March 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

Orangepeaceful79, I hope that fantasy comment wasn't pointed at me????????????

I agree with you guys I have no respect for all the major groups such as AYR, BFF and BFRO and who ever else you have over there. I also do look at stuff in the crypto forums still, I just don't post. I agree again with the stuff I have bothered looking at I highly question it also.

I have been burned big time in my real life as you would have read with an attack placed against my innocent child all because I know something they don't want revealed, another hoax by a group.... who really cares anymore, I suppose this one does though because they've based their whole starting and following based on this lie.

If someone wants to send me a $9000 FlIR camera to borrow I may be able to get the footage you're after but it's migration time here so it'll have to wait till late spring/ summer now. See it's not that easy, you want proof, the money goes to idiots instead and no I've never seen any of their shows and how am I going to be able to fund such a thing myself?

Hey here's the comment back from Professor Archers colleague....

Hi    !
Thanks for sending the FLIR depicting the   ...?
I reviewed the clip 4 or 5 times and am still not sure what the object really is.
I noticed that the time stamp on the clip was 3:44 AM.  Were you recording with infrared?
Have you seen these "beings" bending over or moving around?
Cheers!
Terry

See even the scientific world can't answer what I have. They definitely ruled it out as something normal and want more footage, once again that was the point in sending it to them.....I need funding if they want that.

You can't make me out as the bad guy/ fantasy liar when I am trying my best to seek out answers.
No Tia it wasn't directed at you specifically.

#14    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• Credendo Vides, Seeing is Believing

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

I do agree with Tia, although we're all on the same page here. We all want the truth. I can't say i know that these things exist, or even existed at some point( all of the unexplained). But i do know what i have, and that is faith. Faith and firm belief that they exist. I don't know where it comes from, it just does. It's just sheer excitement when i talk about the unexplained or even read about it. I will always have my hope that one day someone maybe even me will "explain" it :). Just look, James Cameron  plunged into Mariana's trench! That's amazing :D

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

#15    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

I think a huge problem with this forum is that the skeptics don't seem to be really looking for the truth. They believe they "know" it and are unwilling to have a conversation about anything without insulting and mocking those who have divergent opinions.

And yes sitting there and doing nothing but screaming "real scientists haven't" is insulting, we all know that mainstream science hasn't identified cryptids, that's why they're called cryptids. That's what makes talking about them fun, that's what makes what evidence is out there all the more interesting.

IMO the mods need to do something about the annoying folks like that on here before the board dies altogether.

Edited by bigtroutak, 26 March 2012 - 11:09 PM.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users