Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghosts

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

View Postkitone1, on 27 March 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

Also if you'll look at my join date you will notice that I was a member here before you "Newbie" ...

Edit to rephrase...

You might want to double check that.  I think you might be mistaken.

Edited by booNyzarC, 27 March 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#62    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

give me some time .... once a while i  see things that i cant explain.. from now on i ll always have a camera with me lol .well if i can capture it offcours ..
and i ll send it 2 the most skeptic guy in here. raw material. the camera and everything in it .!
damn you guys give me no choice ..  i ll make you believe .JUST WAIT .. hope not for long, lol ..
and you are warned.. please dont get a heart attack when u see the truth.

#63    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 27 March 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

give me some time .... once a while i  see things that i cant explain.. from now on i ll always have a camera with me lol .well if i can capture it offcours ..
and i ll send it 2 the most skeptic guy in here. raw material. the camera and everything in it .!
damn you guys give me no choice ..  i ll make you believe .JUST WAIT .. hope not for long, lol ..
and you are warned.. please dont get a heart attack when u see the truth.

Lol, that was inspirational.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#64    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,012 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 27 March 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

I also might add, I was physically accosted by a force unseen to me or my girlfriend at the time. I got slammed so hard that I turned to fight thinking someone REALLY was attacking me in my old apt on the base. My girlfriend at the time saw it happen, and thought I was pulling her leg, until she saw the anger and confusion on my face.  The reason I'm telling you this is, even though I had something VERY REAL happen to me, I would NEVER use it as evidence, nor claim it to be evidence, because it's nothing more than a personal experience. It doesn't hold any merit in the scientific procedure or the SOP we're creating. It's NOT evidence. Are you catching my drift?

Even if you're a believer, you have a duty and you need to maintain an un-bias, tactical and scientific approach to all of this.

But you still maintain it happened and have no explanation for it. Would you be angry if someone told you it was a figment of your imagination? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any of the regular skeptics demand proof from you and basically call you a liar because you can't.

Of course it isn't evidence, but experiences can't be recreated. It can change your perception.

#65    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Now I'm not a blind believer; I truly think that most "evidence" can be explained away.  But what about vidoes of things flying off of shelves?  For example, there was a great video of that in an Austrailian Super Market... just one bag of candy was flung off the shelf and caught by security cameras.  Nothing else around it appeared to have been touched, and it actually launched as opposed to having fallen off...

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
My Background / Credentials

#66    kitone1

kitone1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 27 March 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Edit to rephrase...

You might want to double check that.  I think you might be mistaken.
You are so right and admittedly I made several typos on that post, partly because I was rushed and partly because I was laughing heartily at the absurdity of his response and continued reluctance to name the "Berkly Scientists" that have certified his supposedly inexplicable paranormal evidence  :lol:  (You people actually buy that crap???)

Yes I did misread his start date, those 3 months seniority he has on me in late 2010 certainly does qualify him as an inveterate expert and revered member and me as simply an incorrigible neophyte  :rolleyes:

Now I can see how you have accrued such a voluminous post count in such a short amount of time when it all probably consists of this type of obtuse nonsense.

Seriously not worth the keystrokes.  :hmm:

#67    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postkitone1, on 27 March 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

You are so right and admittedly I made several typos on that post, partly because I was rushed and partly because I was laughing heartily at the absurdity of his response and continued reluctance to name the "Berkly Scientists" that have certified his supposedly inexplicable paranormal evidence  :lol:  (You people actually buy that crap???)

Yes I did misread his start date, those 3 months seniority he has on me in late 2010 certainly does qualify him as an inveterate expert and revered member and me as simply an incorrigible neophyte  :rolleyes:

Now I can see how you have accrued such a voluminous post count in such a short amount of time when it all probably consists of this type of obtuse nonsense.

What's your opinion on ghosts?

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#68    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

You are so right and admittedly I made several typos on that post, ... Yes I did misread his start date,
Yes, I realized that.

those 3 months seniority he has on me in late 2010 certainly does qualify him as an inveterate expert and revered member and me as simply an incorrigible neophyte  :rolleyes:
Perhaps you misunderstood his additional points.  You may want to consider revisiting his original post and perusing it with more care.

Look at the bright side, you are likely not in danger of winning any congeniality awards.

#69    kitone1

kitone1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 27 March 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

Yes, I realized that.
Then why bother dedicating an entire reply to an obvious error that is a moot point regardless?  :lol:

Perhaps you misunderstood his additional points.  You may want to consider revisiting his original post and perusing it with more care.
His evident misrepresentation of his own credentials and institutional liaisons nullifies the entire post.  :tu:

Look at the bright side, you are likely not in danger of winning any congeniality awards.

Oh yes,more of that razor sharp sardonic wit that brought us the uproariously funny signature:  :rolleyes:

"Spirits from beyond... I ask you... tell me the truth... Who's Your Daddy?"

#70    kitone1

kitone1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

View Post_Only, on 27 March 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

What's your opinion on ghosts?
That's a rather vague and ambiguous question... what's your opinion of cornflakes?  :huh:

#71    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostMichelle, on 27 March 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

But you still maintain it happened and have no explanation for it. Would you be angry if someone told you it was a figment of your imagination? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any of the regular skeptics demand proof from you and basically call you a liar because you can't.

Of course it isn't evidence, but experiences can't be recreated. It can change your perception.

Right, I agree, it did change my perspective. Thus why I actually do believe there is more out there. I was merely stating that I can't and wouldn't use that as evidence. And no, actually I wouldn't get angry if someone told me it was a figment of my imagination as I'd expect skepticism on that. And I've gone through the ringer here with everyone, the normal right of passage around here and I'm guessing the same you had to as well as every other person, since day one to gain credibility.  :tu:

#72    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 361 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#73    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

View Postkitone1, on 27 March 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

Then why bother dedicating an entire reply to an obvious error that is a moot point regardless?  :lol:

His evident misrepresentation of his own credentials and institutional liaisons nullifies the entire post.  :tu:

Oh yes,more of that razor sharp sardonic wit that brought us the uproariously funny signature:  :rolleyes:

<sigh>

You really aren't worth it, so I'll refrain from responding appropriately.

I sincerely hope that you enjoy your stay, however long it lasts.

#74    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

View Postkitone1, on 27 March 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

That's a rather vague and ambiguous question... what's your opinion of cornflakes?  :huh:

Vague? What do you think ghosts are? Spirits of dead people? Created in people's heads? Demonic? Angelic? Personal opinions can go on and on.

What's yours? That's what this thread is about.

#75    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:22 AM

View Postkitone1, on 27 March 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

I have been reading a few topics, and I want to say by your replies......You should take a break.You only seem to want to start arguments, " flame baiting "......

No offense, but you need to find happiness, or need a big hug......

No need to reply, and sorry I went off topic......I just do not know why some people can not understand this is just a forum on the internet, and if you can not discuss something without insults, than don't post.

As said, no reply needed, I promise I will not answer it, was just making a suggestion..

Where did this topic end up at?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users