Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Since I was asked to...

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#16    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 18 September 2004 - 01:17 AM

Good job on your experiment Sera.

I think I know where the experiment went awry:

In my opinion ghosts and ghouls only appear in a cemetary if the viewers have had several beers under their belt...I'm talking the good stuff too; no Budweiser.

Disembodied spirits are drawn to pretzels as well, so keep that in mind...

Good luck. thumbsup.gif

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#17    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,765 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 18 September 2004 - 01:35 AM

Lady Sera,

I  saw a movie once where this girl would go into a cemetary and lay down flat on her back on a grave.  She claimed she could 'feel' the vibes of the dead.  Perhaps you should try this procedure.  Just talking to the grave isn't much good.  You have to communicate with the dead on their level...which I believe is horizontal.  Good luck.  I agree with Kismit...you should at least take a picture of your grandfather's tombstone to prove you were there...of course I believe you but.....well you know what I mean.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#18    AtticusBlueprint

AtticusBlueprint

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

• This is true, this is real, this is Straight Edge, and Straight Edge means I'm better than you

Posted 18 September 2004 - 01:39 AM

I saw a movie once where this girl would go into a cemetary and lay down flat on her back on a grave. She claimed she could 'feel' the vibes of the dead. Perhaps you should try this procedure.

For that we'll need pictures, lots and lots of pictures whistling2.gif

Posted Image

#19    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 18 September 2004 - 02:59 AM

Seraphina...I can't believe you've actually done this. grin2.gif  I think an open mind and serious attitude would help. Take pictures. You might get orbs or mists, a camera can pick up what the human eye can't.

Good luck....I hope you find what you are looking for.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#20    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:28 AM

I agree with Kismit...you should at least take a picture of your grandfather's tombstone to prove you were there...of course I believe you but.....well you know what I mean.

Exactly....pics would prove I WENT there...wouldn't prove the expiriment actually took place tongue.gif They're a bit of a moot point...anyway, like I said, don't have a scanner anyway.

I can't see the point in an experiment of this sort if you aren't going to take it seriously. I mean, why did you bother, Seraphina ?

My own opinion of the expiriment is irrelevant if the outcome is going to be something clearly observable, such as the manifestation of a "spirit". If it's there, I would have seen it...

Besides, I had a total of six people there, each of which with their own thoughts and opinions (one of whom got high huh.gif) who saw nothing also...blaming the outcome on my own opinion is a pretty weak leg to stand on tongue.gif

The reason I bothered, in any event, is because the person who asked me to do this annoyed me. They made a ridiculous claim, and a ridiculous guarentee, and I felt the need to indulge them for the sole purpose of showing them to be incorrect.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#21    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 20 September 2004 - 02:48 PM

You haven't proven anything except maybe something to the individual that challenged you. To me the only thing you have proven is that you have a closed mind to the paranormal. (But I already knew that tongue.gif  grin2.gif )

Try some more experiments if you really are interested....really delve into it. Many here take the paranormal, seriously.

Edited by Babs, 20 September 2004 - 02:50 PM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#22    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 03:01 PM

Try some more experiments if you really are interested....really delve into it. Many here take the paranormal, seriously.

I take the paranormal very seriously indeed tongue.gif I often take most of the so called "experiences" on this site with a pinch of salt, but for the most part I'm open to the possibility, so long as the account is plausible and/or evidence is offered.

What I didn't take seriously is the following...

go to a grave yard at night i promise you that they are there try to talk to them some stay here for a other reason that reason i cant tell you why

Seraphina come on go try it please see befor your self im not gona lie to you take a few of your friends with you do not go alone because you just might end up paying the price

i promise you they will come when you call them just watch out for the things with red eyes that might be there

oh yes and whenever you go to the graveyard tomorrow night watch what ya say there because a ghost just might follow you home good luck

This....is not a serious claim, it's childish stupidity tongue.gif It's this challenge that my expiriment was addressing....although quite frankly Babs, I don't see much point responding to you, since I'll probably just end with a "Ghost of Bush's great grandfather 2004!" tongue.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#23    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:24 PM

Moe gives props to Seraphina for attempting said experiment. An open mind is a good thing to have, especially when dealing with topics of such nature. Moe only has one suggestion for the  Lady Seraphina.

Next time, she should drink an entire bottle of Nyquil. This will gaurantee her many sightings to write about.   wink2.gif

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#24    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:11 AM

grin2.gif Admittedly, that is funny. But I do think it is terrific_ you going to a graveyard at night to conjure up deceased relatives...or trying to see spirits. I hope you continue your quest and maybe you can tell us more about fascinating and interesting things that might occur. If nothing else, it sure is entertaining.  

I mean you can't expect the paranormal to fall in your lap in one day....that's like going to school for one day and expecting to get an education.

Henry David Thoreau...

#25    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:21 AM

hmm....make it a frequent thing, eh? Well....I suppose I could do that...I would, however, require some more material...can't just catalogue my exploits in a graveyard over and over, no fun tongue.gif

Perhaps some suggestions on things I can make similarly sarcastic reports on? huh.gif

Posted Image

#26    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 02:41 AM

hmm...ah...go to a seance. Or make one up yourself. ph34r.gif  Gather your buddies together or better yet get some real serious-minded people involved, you know, people who really believe or have experienced the paranormal. Maybe you could have the seance at the graveyard. ph34r.gif  crying.gif

Speaking of graveyard, that was funny about the ghost of Bush's grandfather_even more funny if he showed up in a Scottish cemetery. laugh.gif

You guys are so lucky. Scotland is so old and has so much history, you sure could find a lot of supernatural goings-on there. Anybody else have suggestions? This is going to be scary. (I love to be scared)

Henry David Thoreau...

#27    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 02:47 AM

(I love to be scared)

Try not flushing your toilet for a week, and taking a peek down there afterwards.

Posted Image

#28    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:34 AM

I don't actually recommend mucking around at a seance  , particularly sarcastically . But I'm not one to stop a hardend skeptic, if that's what they want to do . huh.gif

Edited by Kismit, 21 September 2004 - 03:35 AM.

#29    blazer2004

blazer2004

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:18 AM

people dont be all rude like me i belive that she went to the grave yard i asked her but just because she found nothing or her relative did not talk to her that dosent mean he wasent there

From Four I came and to Four I return

#30    AtticusBlueprint

AtticusBlueprint

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

• This is true, this is real, this is Straight Edge, and Straight Edge means I'm better than you

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:29 AM

Yeah, well I'm gonna do my own graveyard experiment! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the experiment, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users