Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Since I was asked to...

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#31    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:25 PM

*pokes around for some information about seances*

*shrugs* Yeah, I can do this tongue.gif Although...hmm...*looks at the guide*

Stick to people who are open-minded. This is a definite MUST - ghosts respond only to those who believe in them (a reasonable request, we think).

That's me out then rolleyes.gif But still...let me get this straight...ghosts only respond to people who already believe they're there? tongue.gif Wow, how profound...that really makes me believe they're not figments of people's imaginations blink.gif

Séances are generally conducted with three or more people, and some sources say that the number of participants should be divisible by three.

My, Talon, Shady. There ya go tongue.gif Or do we need at least one person who wouldn't be laughing?  huh.gif

Never conduct a séance by yourself, unless you actually want to go insane.

In other boards, make sure there's at least one other person there who might be doing the moving? tongue.gif Nah, if I use a board, I'd do it alone. Then I'd know for certain that, if the thing moved, it wouldn't be a person doing it (I'd be the only one there after all).

As even the unbelievers know, ghosts are supposed to come out at night, so plan your séance for sometime after the sun goes down.

Ah yes, of course tongue.gif When else would they come out? Why would a ghost ever want to communicate with a person who's fully awake, alert, and who's mind isn't in a state to play tricks on itself rolleyes.gif

If the séance is going well (the participants aren't fainting, the medium's head isn't spinning 360 degrees, and the ghost seems happy to talk), the medium can invite the ghost into his/her body to answer questions more fully.

Oh for crying out loud...

I can't be bothered wasting money on buying all this stuff, and never using it again...perhaps instead I'll just go to a "professional" medium, make up a person for them to "call", and try to look amazed as this non-existant person supposedly appears, and starts answering my made up questions tongue.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#32    Phenomenon

Phenomenon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:58 PM

I find such a closed mind to the possibility of paranormal phenomena incredibly disappointing. As a few have posted, a serious attitude and perhaps more than simple sarcasm and witty ditty's and you may surpass your expectations and experience something that many others have.

An open mind is a great thing.  wink2.gif

#33    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:09 PM

Phenomenon, I'm going to try and impart some of my vast wisdom upon you...

People can lie...personal experiences can be scewered by misinterpretations, mistakes, or a person simply convinceing themselves that they see or hear something that isn't there.

The one thing that cannot lie, that cannot make mistakes, is evidence. Evidence is tangable, it is either there, or it isn't. My own personal opinion of the existance (or lack thereof) of ghosts would in know way effect wheither or not I would have found "evidence" of them on my expedition.

If the ghosts were walking around, I would have seen them...if they were talking, I would have heard them. If they were having an after-work fiesta, I would have picked up a glass, and actually livened up my hour spent there tongue.gif Whatever I may have set out believing would in no way alter the evidence already present at the scene.

If you actually want to offer some kind of encouragement, perhaps you'd like to give an example of something else I can attempt?

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#34    Phenomenon

Phenomenon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:14 PM

I'm going to try and impart some of my vast wisdom upon you...

I have plenty thanks, but thanks for the offer.  wink2.gif

It's always the easy way for the skeptic/non-believer, putting it down to mistakes, lies etc. The fact you didn't experience anything doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If you actually want to offer some kind of encouragement

Keep trying.

#35    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:16 PM

It's always the easy way for the skeptic/non-believer, putting it down to mistakes, lies etc. The fact you didn't experience anything doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It's always the easy way of the non-skeptic/believer, putting it down to not not having an open mind rolleyes.gif The fact that some people think they've experienced something, doesn't mean it happened.

Posted Image

#36    Phenomenon

Phenomenon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:25 PM

I'm a reasonably intelligent man. I don't sway too easily and have never been one to jump on the paranormal bandwagon and believe everything thrown its way. I do, however, have a personal experience that cannot be explained, it only happened twice and has not happened since. If I were the sort of person to make things up, surely as a site owner in the supernatural I would make a few things up.

#37    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:28 PM

Okay, let's start at the beginning then....first of all, is there a thread you can link me too that might describe your encounter? If not, can you tell me about it here. I'll see if I can't explain it for you or, at the very least, give possible explanations other than the paranormal.

Posted Image

#38    Phenomenon

Phenomenon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:31 PM

My Story

I look forward to a scientific explanation.  wink2.gif

#39    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:40 PM

Needless to say I didn't sleep too much that night and replayed the experience numerous times trying to find some logical explanation. For me the experience wasn't logical and certainly wasn't something I had any explanations for.

A feeling of "heaviness"? You call THAT a paranormal experience? huh.gif That could be anything...especially since you were in an unfamiliar place; uncomfortable, unused to your surroundings. Certainly, it doesn't strike me as altogether unusual....I wouldn't even call it noteworthy huh.gif But okay, on to your other one...

Your second one is a little more interesting, in that someone actually HAPPENED tongue.gif One question, before I start...when you woke up your wife, did she see you hovering some twenty inches above the bed, or were you back on the bed as normal when she came round?

Posted Image

#40    Phenomenon

Phenomenon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:52 PM

Oh i get it!!!

I'm in a new flat and that made me feel heavy? got yer now.  blink.gif

Don't take a single phrase out of context, explain the whole picture and don't nit pick at little details.

I'm wating......

#41    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:00 PM

That's not nit-picking, it's pointing towards a contributing factor rolleyes.gif You were uncomfortable, you were tired, you were out of your familiar surroundings...psychologically, this can contribute a great deal to feelings of restlessness, stress, sleeplessness...any number of things that could have explained why you felt uncomfortable.

A feeling of "heaviness" isn't exactly unusual either huh.gif In fact, your account of it is so vague, it's difficult to reason out what you mean by it...from your account, it sounds like your limbs just went to numb, and you made a mountain out of a molehill.

I do believe I asked a question by the way, which you failed to answer....however, I don't see any reason whatsoever to deal with you if all you're going to do is come back with condescending and sarcastic babble. If you want me to treat your account in any way seriously, then you're going to have to treat my answers seriously.

Quite frankly, if that's how you leap at the first offered explanation, then I doubt very much you made a great deal of effort to find any yourself, before assuming "paranormal! I had a paranormal experience! Aaah!" rolleyes.gif

Posted Image

#42    Phenomenon

Phenomenon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:03 PM

you were tired

Wrong, I said my senses were sharp.

look at the whole picture and don't take comments out of their proper context. You obviously haven't read it thoroughly, or you are simply doing what most skeptics do and assuming the facts.

I haven't lepped at anything, you haven't offered me an explanation.

Edited by phenomenon, 22 September 2004 - 02:06 PM.

#43    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:08 PM

I haven't "assumed" anything yet, I merely don't find it in any way unusual. I have instead asked a question about your second experience, because something note worthy actually occured there tongue.gif

Do you actually want any help with this, or are you just looking for an excuse to up your post count? huh.gif I have rather a few questions that I intend to ask to try and understand what occured, but if you're not going to answer them there's not a whole lot of point tongue.gif

If you don't cooperate, then I can only assume you don't want an explanation to begin with. What's in your article is vague at best, and doesn't give anything like the kind of details I'd need to try and get a picture of what happened to you.

Posted Image

#44    Phenomenon

Phenomenon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:12 PM

I actually thought the article was as descriptive as it could possibly have been. i wrote what happened and didn't add details to fatten it out.

You said I was tired, which in this thread would be an important factor. I clarified that this was a mistake on your part, as it was.

The details are there, please offer me some explanantion.

#45    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:14 PM

How on earth can I offer you an explanation when you flatly refuse to cooperate with me in any way whatsoever?

I'm going to try asking again...when you woke your wife, did she see you in the middle of your hovering act, or had you returned to the bed by the time she came round? You say she awoke "instantly", so I assume this means she saw you floating, as you stated, "twenty inches" above the bed?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users