Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

[Merged] Weird Sounds in Wisconsin


  • Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#121    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

    Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

  • Member
  • 3,244 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • Question everything

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 30 March 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

The booming sounds my daughter and I had heard, were just like the booms in the frist sounds of this vidio,(the guy with the binoculars) right after we heard the roarings. There were no storms in the area, a clear day. What would cause that boomimg in a frequency? I never even heard thunder boom that way.



!
A few points about those first ones, First, they're unusually short and abrupt with virtually no echo relative to their volume, which seems unusual. Second, they do however have a nice, noticeable Doppler shift, as though the source were approaching the viewer then passing them by. Third, one can't help but notice the similarity in the pattern to footsteps.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#122    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,535 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 01 April 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

A few points about those first ones, First, they're unusually short and abrupt with virtually no echo relative to their volume, which seems unusual. Second, they do however have a nice, noticeable Doppler shift, as though the source were approaching the viewer then passing them by. Third, one can't help but notice the similarity in the pattern to footsteps.


Omionaner, the lowd booming sounds my daughter and I had heard, were not footsteps:):)


#123    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

    Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

  • Member
  • 3,244 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • Question everything

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 01 April 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Omionaner, the lowd booming sounds my daughter and I had heard, were not footsteps:):)
That's yours. Did they sound exactly like those others, fading in and out?

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#124    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,535 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

View PostOniomancer, on 02 April 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

That's yours. Did they sound exactly like those others, fading in and out?
The booms we heard were similar to the booms in the frist vidio (Colorado Aug 2011)

We heard this awful roaring sound and then boom, boom, boom, boom, real loud just like in the vidio.


#125    minera

minera

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Joined:19 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

  • There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

If you check further on utube there are several videos showing where the ground has bulged and split apart. Perhaps those sounds are related to that. They are all Clintonville related videos of the booming sounds but the most interesting one is where the elderly lady is showing a photographer her property where the ground has split apart and part of it was raised as if there was some sort of explosion just underneath the earth....


#126    minera

minera

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Joined:19 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

  • There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 01 April 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

A few points about those first ones, First, they're unusually short and abrupt with virtually no echo relative to their volume, which seems unusual. Second, they do however have a nice, noticeable Doppler shift, as though the source were approaching the viewer then passing them by. Third, one can't help but notice the similarity in the pattern to footsteps.
The sound of the one in Budapest near the church could possibly be from the underground. There is and underground transit running right under there and the opening is just accross the street from the church. Might be related, but that particular area is right in the centre of the busiest  part of the city and hard to hear other noises or directions to pinpoint just exactly where the noise would be coming from.


#127    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,535 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

View Postminera, on 02 April 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

If you check further on utube there are several videos showing where the ground has bulged and split apart. Perhaps those sounds are related to that. They are all Clintonville related videos of the booming sounds but the most interesting one is where the elderly lady is showing a photographer her property where the ground has split apart and part of it was raised as if there was some sort of explosion just underneath the earth....


Link please:0)  I do realize there are a lot of these youtube videos that are fakes and have proven to be fakes, is why I try to post more of the actural news reports.All I know of is what I have heard of the roaring hums, booms,and there were no earthquakes reported.  I would really like some good explantion for them.

There are earthquake storms  where one triggers a series of other large earthquakes—along the same plate boundary—as the stress transfers along the fault system,but like in Clintonville there are no fault lines.


http://en.wikipedia....arthquake_storm


#128    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

    Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

  • Member
  • 3,244 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • Question everything

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 03 April 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

Link please:0)  I do realize there are a lot of these youtube videos that are fakes and have proven to be fakes, is why I try to post more of the actural news reports.All I know of is what I have heard of the roaring hums, booms,and there were no earthquakes reported.  I would really like some good explantion for them.

There are earthquake storms  where one triggers a series of other large earthquakes—along the same plate boundary—as the stress transfers along the fault system,but like in Clintonville there are no fault lines.


http://en.wikipedia....arthquake_storm
http://www.wsaw.com/...g/82007997.html

http://www.dot.wisco...es/counties.gif

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#129    minera

minera

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Joined:19 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

  • There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 03 April 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

Link please:0)  I do realize there are a lot of these youtube videos that are fakes and have proven to be fakes, is why I try to post more of the actural news reports.All I know of is what I have heard of the roaring hums, booms,and there were no earthquakes reported.  I would really like some good explantion for them.

There are earthquake storms  where one triggers a series of other large earthquakes—along the same plate boundary—as the stress transfers along the fault system,but like in Clintonville there are no fault lines.


http://en.wikipedia....arthquake_storm




check out all the other links connected to this site. The mention of heat coming from the ground is what would scare me.

Edited by minera, 03 April 2012 - 04:08 PM.


#130    puckmomma

puckmomma

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Joined:21 Oct 2011

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

I thought maybe it could be connected to that old theory where the GREAT LAKES WILL EVENTUALLY MERGE. Or maybe an underground volcano rising up...

All I know is that I personally am not going to the dells this year, I will try to stay out of Wisconsin all together.
I did not read all the posts so it this is a repeat idea than I am sorry.


#131    Subsonicjourno

Subsonicjourno

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 208 posts
  • Joined:25 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Britain

  • https://www.facebook.com/Unconqueredseries

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Yellowstone supervolcano perhaps? or maybe an unknown one?


#132    linttrap

linttrap

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined:10 Oct 2011

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

They finally recorded one and USGS has analyzed it as the sound pattern of an earthquake. You can listen to it here:

http://abcnews.go.co...ille-wisconsin/


#133    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,535 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

One article also states that five countires of reports in Georgia, in Alabama and Virginia of people hearing these booms on March 18. However the USGS had no seismic evidence of any earthquakes. It does`nt make any sense that only one small 1.5 earthquake in Wis would have cause all the booms.


#134    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,535 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

Healy-Rae wants Killarney’s “annoying and unusual” mystery noise investigated

http://www.thejourna...ar2012/?voted=1


#135    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,527 posts
  • Joined:30 Sep 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

The northern United States was so compressed by the tremendous weight of the glacial ice packs during the moat recent ice ages that the landscape is STILL slowly popping back up into shape. This creates booming noises underfoot, but rarely causes serious damage.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users