Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Weird Sounds in Wisconsin

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#16    SenorPescador

SenorPescador

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

we have what is called the seneca guns off topsail beach since i can remember the 50's, they say it is offshore alien ships digging?

#17    IamLegend

IamLegend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• "The mind of a child is where the revolution begins" - Immortal Technique

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostSenorPescador, on 22 March 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

we have what is called the seneca guns off topsail beach since i can remember the 50's, they say it is offshore alien ships digging?

I had never heard that phrase before. I live near Seneca Lake, so it peaked my interest.

"The term ďSeneca gunsĒ is just a name, not an explanation. It does not tell us anything about what causes these noises and shakings. The name originated in a short story that James Fennimore Cooper wrote during the 1800ís. The name refers to booms that have been heard on the shores of Lake Seneca and Lake Cayuga in New York State. The name has been applied to similar noises along the coasts of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. Similar booms are called Barisol guns in coastal India. These phenomena have also occurred in three widely separated places around the world. Thatís about all we know about the Seneca guns."

Clintonville is next to Pigeon Lake. Could this be our answer?

#18    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

This phenomenon has me intrigued.

#19    IamLegend

IamLegend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostAlienated Being, on 22 March 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

This phenomenon has me intrigued.

I agree it's very interesting. It seems it's been going on, at least, since the 1800's, around large bodies of water. Which would point to some sort of natural phenomenon.

#20    Messy Marvin

Messy Marvin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

I wonder if all the skeptics still think this is a viral campaign? Some things in this world still lack logical scientific explanations. We don't have everything figured out.

#21    harleyblueswoman

harleyblueswoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

dead birds and fish all over....strange noises all over the world....now strange vibrating is starting....something weird is definately going on...and there seems to be an increase in ufo sightings everywhere also....the plot thickens....

#22    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,930 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostEldorado, on 22 March 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

This the guy? (in the video)
http://www.weau.com/..._143757966.html
Not the same guy but he's talking about the same thing haha. Thanks.

Here's the newest article on it: http://img.ibtimes.c...ise-strange.htm

It's still going on and apparently people are starting to leave town because it's loud enough to keep them awake. The frost-quake and Seneca gun theories make sense. I just want to know what kind of noises that usually happen with them? It could definitely explain the booming and thunder sounds, but I'm still curious about the metal clanging. That was what I heard with the booms and it was just, odd.

Posted Image

#23    4u2no

4u2no

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

Ok this happens  all the time in Tampa palm harbor area a lot !! We have macdill air force base near by even though they say itís not them!  i think thereís something they are doing the ground and the house shakes  one day this happened 4 or 5 times and for weeks... what is it  who the hell knows I think itís a new air craft they are not saying that breaks the sound barrier and its cloaked!! The noise sounds the same as wisconsin and it is scary.Before we use to blame the shuttle or launches  now there is no shuttle!sooooooo?

#24    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,911 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hollow Earth people wanting to be let out?  (only kiddin)

... and they all look like the Disney Dwarves!  Millions of them!

lol

Edited by Eldorado, 22 March 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#25    Messy Marvin

Messy Marvin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

I wonder if all the skeptics still think this is a viral campaign? Some things in this world still lack logical scientific explanations. We don't have everything figured out. That's why I will always keep an open mind.

#26    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,930 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

View Post4u2no, on 22 March 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Ok this happens  all the time in Tampa palm harbor area a lot !! We have macdill air force base near by even though they say itís not them!  i think thereís something they are doing the ground and the house shakes  one day this happened 4 or 5 times and for weeks... what is it  who the hell knows I think itís a new air craft they are not saying that breaks the sound barrier and its cloaked!! The noise sounds the same as wisconsin and it is scary.Before we use to blame the shuttle or launches  now there is no shuttle!sooooooo?
Well at least there's an air force base nearby, that's a pretty good reason for random booming noises. And it's a fairly populated area. This part of Wisconsin doesn't have anything like that going on. That's why it's getting so much attention, it's probably the most interesting thing to happen in a decade. :P

View PostEldorado, on 22 March 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Hollow Earth people wanting to be let out?  (only kiddin)

... and they all look like the Disney Dwarves!  Millions of them!

lol
That's probably the creepiest explanation I've heard yet.  :lol:

Posted Image

#27    IamLegend

IamLegend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Found this wiki page talking about some of the nationally reported "booms", within the US. My link

It seems that the first "boom" that got national attention was in '03. All but one take place next to a large body of water. That one exception is a boom heard in Lebanon, Missouri - Sep. 27, 2011. The cause of the boom in Lebanon was never determined.

Another interesting thing is the three most recent booms have been heard between Feb. 28, '12 and Mar. 19, '12. The first of those occurred in Wilmington, NC on Feb. 28th. Wilmington has had loud booms happen to them, at least, twice before. The second occurred in Brunswick, Georgia on Mar. 15. The third, of course, occurred in Clintonville, Mar. 19th.

#28    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

I wonder if there's any fracking going on there. I know that the limited exposure I have had to this technique made it seem like they could enter the ground beneath a home to rextract gases from miles away. Maybe its happening and the residents don't know?

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#29    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

View PostIamLegend, on 22 March 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

It's [i]The Langoliers
I was so thinking this!!  :lol:

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#30    jbefumo

jbefumo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Maybe the sound of a guillotine blade falling on Scott Walker's neck?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users