Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ticket to Mars Will Cost $500,000

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    JayMark

JayMark

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• Our universe was created out of a desire. A desire to experiment, interact and evolve within a multitude of planes of consciousness.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 22 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

So you never take a holiday, have no luxuries and give all your spare cash to charity? Or is that something you only expect other people to do?

I do what I can given what I have from the bottom of my heart. I have helped perhaps hundreads of people with addiction problems free of charges and using my own time and energy. Yes, I expect others people to help their peers as well if they can. But they are free, just like I am. I can't force anybody and won't necessarly "hate them" for that.

It is people like Musk that dragged us out of the caves, gave us science and technology and helped us become the most successful species on the planet. I suspect that those that sat inside the cave asking, " what is wrong with these people?" became extinct.

Agreed on the first part. But the notion of beeing the most successful species on the planet is purely subjective. The "what is wrong with these people" wasen't in any way related to science itself or these scientists in particular, just the general "idea" (more than just a trip to Mars).

It is precisely BECAUSE this planet is so fragile that, if we are to survive as a species indefinitely, we need to be able to move to other planets. Musk is helping make that possible. It is because of those with foresight, not the naysayers, that we have some hope of a future.

Working in the environemental area, I can assure you that the planet is not so fragile to begin with. It dosen't exists because there is life on it. The living entities on it are the fragile ones and we (humans) are certainly not the strongest. Diffrence is we have much more freedom. If species like us are facing an environmental threat, it is mainly because of our activity and because too many care more about luxury, material, going on Mars to chill out and about their own bellies. Not everyone I concur. And not always abusively I also concur. It's not just about the trip to Mars. It's the whole thing. But that's my view, if you don't share it, it's not like I'm going to get mad at you you know.

So what I really think (that is the main point of my message) is that before thinking about moving the population to other planets or offer trips to them we should simply concentrate our efforts in helping the current situation which is not happening fast enough so far. We could do a lot better. That all depends on the choises we make today.

I seriously don't think there could be such a thing as moving the world's population on another planet before climate changes irradiates most of the living speicies on the planet if we keep going like this. It's only a question of priority to me. Helping the current environmental situation could give us more time to find other alternatives such as finding a "sister planet". So before thinking about living indefinitely, why not trying to save people that exists at this present moment and try to preserve all terrestrial lifeforms as long as we can? Without this planet and it's other lifeforms, we wouldn't exist.

I hope it clarifies things a bit. The idea is cool. It's just that I don't think it is a necessity at all in regards to our situation. But that's what I think.

Peace bro.

Edited by JayMark, 23 March 2012 - 08:07 PM.

Bartender says: "Sorry, we don't serve faster-than-light neutrinos here."

So you have these two faster-than-light neutrinos walking into a bar...

#17    JayMark

JayMark

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• Our universe was created out of a desire. A desire to experiment, interact and evolve within a multitude of planes of consciousness.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostJonathanDoe, on 23 March 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Ok, I will feed the troll :)

I already wrote a message. Read it. Right before this one.

I feel anger and frustration in your message.

First, please explain how people are dying from starvation, dehydration, and pollution

I don't need to explain that. If you don't see the link between those three things and human activity, then I guess we don't live on the same planet. I thought people would understant what I meant. If someone for an example gets lost in the desert and dies of dehydration, well it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

this was just meant to be an ambiguous, dramatic, statement meant to feed your ego, reduce your guilt, and make you feel superior to everyone who sees things differently than you do

I'm not implying that I am superior in any way nor did I attack anybody's beleif. At all. It seems that you have a hard time with my reply and interpret it to suit your own agenda which has nothing to do with the meaning of my message. Why not asking me to elaborate before making such  assumptions?

I will not touch the fact that you use this to identify yourself and cannot even spell Consciousness correctly

If you think I identify myself with a simple tagline on a single message board over the web, I feel that you perhaps have a very strange (or simply diffrent) way of interpreting people not to say "judge them". Also, you may not know that english is not my first language. If this and my tagline pose a problem to you, at least have the decency of not using it as a mere attemp to discredit my words and/or attack me.

My main point would be that if you really and truly believe this then why comment? Can you even begin to explain the contradiction between your absurd comment and your tagline?

The only contradiction between the tagline and my comment is the one you choose to see. Since you don't seem to understand what I mean by both things, I hardly see how you can see a contradiction there.

I have no problem in discussing my views and beleifs and don't mind at all if people don't agree. I just have a problem with people jumping on me before even trying to understand my point the way you did. But you know, it's part of the game and it won't prevent me to sleep tonight.  ;)

Peace anyways.

Edited by JayMark, 23 March 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#18    JonathanDoe

JonathanDoe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, ..., unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostJayMark, on 23 March 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

"First, please explain how people are dying from starvation, dehydration, and pollution"

I don't need to explain that. If you don't see the link between those three things and human activity, then I guess we don't live on the same planet.

Nice job editing for spin!! What I actually wrote was "First, please explain how people are dying from starvation, dehydration, and pollution and how this in any way relates to tickets to Mars" but, hey, apparently you see what you want to see... /gasp!!!

You mentioned that you work with addicts for free out of the kindness of your heart in another post. That is very commendable but I do not see the correlation between that and tickets to Mars. Enlighten me oh Masterful One for I do not understand!

If this and my tagline pose a problem to you, at least have the decency of not using it as a mere attemp to discredit my words and/or attack me.

I do not have any issue with your tag line. I really like it and firmly believe it. I just found your message to be contradictory to your professed core philosophy. If it is not part of your core philosophy then why put it out there like that?

The only contradiction between the tagline and my comment is the one you choose to see. Since you don't seem to understand what I mean by both things, I hardly see how you can see a contradiction there.

/sigh Again with the superiority complex!!!

I just have a problem with people jumping on me before even trying to understand my point the way you did. But you know, it's part of the game and it won't prevent me to sleep tonight.  ;)

Peace anyways.

I do understand your point. People should not spend the money on tickets to Mars. Organizations should not be putting effort towards trips to Mars. Those resources should be entirely focused on ending hunger, reducing pollution, and making sure people do not die from thirst. Am I incorrect?

So the research that goes into the technology that would enable a trip to and a stay on Mars would not help develop or enhance technology that could be used to provide people with the opportunity live healthier? It would not help technologies like solar that would reduce carbon emissions?

I already wrote a message. Read it. Right before this one.

Ok, I will

I do what I can given what I have from the bottom of my heart. I have helped perhaps hundreads of people with addiction problems free of charges and using my own time and energy. Yes, I expect others people to help their peers as well if they can. But they are free, just like I am. I can't force anybody and won't necessarly "hate them" for that.

Ahh, so you are not judgmental except when you are... You sly dog... Please answer this for me.
When is it enough? Do I have to give everything? Can I spend money on my kids? How about my wife? Can I drive a decent car? At what point do you "not necessarily" not hate me?

You do realize that we will always be an impact on the environment. We can and should reduce it however it will always be there.
You do realize there will always be hunger. We can and should reduce it however it will always be there.
You do realize there will always be poverty. We can and should reduce it however it will always be there.

So again, when is enough enough? Given these problems will never be completely resolved do we all just drop everything and focus on them?

I believe that your attitude is classified as simple minded, smug, and judgmental :)

#19    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 5,826 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

...sigh....
Time to get out the checkbook.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#20    JayMark

JayMark

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

I will gladly reply next week as I've gotta go now.

Until then, I wish you a nice week-end.

Peace.

#21    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 23 March 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

...sigh....
Time to get out the checkbook.

even deeper sigh...I'll have to wait till pay day 2 weeks tomorrow..

#22    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 5,826 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

View Postbouncer, on 23 March 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

I'll spot you 500,000. It's only money, right!? Posted Image

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to weep silently and dream of a redder place.Posted Image

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 23 March 2012 - 09:24 PM.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#23    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,832 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

View Postbouncer, on 23 March 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

Hi y'all,If ya fancy getting out your "check" (cheque) books ,I'm a deserving charity,Oh Sahib, I have 3 wives and 16 chilren,and no work,and the gov't gives me free housing and chilrens benefit ,which I spend in the booking shop on slow runners,so I am always very unhappy as I give all my chilrens fameely allowance to horses who are very slow,and my chilren starve and my wives have to work in the night clubs oh dear ...Alms sahib,I willpay you back nex chrissmass,honest....

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#24    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

i wouldn't go even if it was free.
so many things i could think of doing that would interest me far more.

#25    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,627 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

How much for going to the moon?

I'd rather go to the moon than Mars.  Sit on a deck chair, have a beer and watch our Earth for a few hours.  :)

Edited by Eldorado, 23 March 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#26    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,416 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

View PostEldorado, on 23 March 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

I'd rather go to the moon than Mars.  Sit on a deck chair, have a beer and watch our Earth for a few hours.  :)
Well thats the best thing Ive read all Day ! Me too ! THe Moon Rocks ! it has all the stuff we need to get by ,and the View of Earth is the BEst in our Solar system !
Join our U/M party thread we are going to Mars,and we have trips planned to the Moon,and all planets of the Imagination ! :tu:

Attached Files

This is a Work in Progress!

#27    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostEldorado, on 23 March 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

Sounds good! Wont beer explode on the way tho? Unless they make a bubble-less one? And that just wont be quite the same will it?

#28    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,627 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

View Postbouncer, on 25 March 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Sounds good! Wont beer explode on the way tho? Unless they make a bubble-less one? And that just wont be quite the same will it?

By the time moon-trips are available for riff-raff such as myself, there will already be a brewery on the moon.  And deck-chair attendants, no doubt.  lol

#29    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostEldorado, on 25 March 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

By the time moon-trips are available for riff-raff such as myself, there will already be a brewery on the moon.  And deck-chair attendants, no doubt.  lol

Pub on the moon!!

I bet that wont have much of an atmosphere... !

#30    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,627 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

View Postbouncer, on 25 March 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Pub on the moon!!

I bet that wont have much of an atmosphere... !

The atmosphere will improve once they hire the right bouncer.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users