Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tracking Belief in Bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#91    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostRoadMaster04, on 29 April 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

Who Knows,  Bigfoot may not like the smell of some folks,  I don't,!!! it has already prooved it's smarter than us, it may know your smell, Not Calling no Names ;)

Absolutely, RoadMaster04, I agree with your phrase I bolded above.

Scent is a powerful attractant and repellent for many animals including humans. And I have no problem with that being true of a bigfoot.*** In fact, it is one characteristic that  makes biological sense.

However, it is all the other characteristics of animals that bigfoot lacks that I have trouble with.

***Speaking as if the creature exists.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#92    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

You're welcome to head on out there and spend as much time as you want waiting for him to show up. Have a good time. :)

Naaaw, It'd be my luck I'd probably run up on a gay Bigfoot, who also a serial rapist. Eight feet tall, covered in body hairy, smelling like a dozen Frenchmen and he'd take one look at men and decide, "Well, we are all alone in the deep woods?"

........now that's something you ain't gonna hear from the BFRO.........or from me. I'll learn to live with the guilt and the shame in private.

.......you don't think them critters got any of those.......what you call, STD's? Do ya'?

Edited by keninsc, 29 April 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#93    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 29 April 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

Naaaw, It'd be my luck I'd probably run up on a gay Bigfoot, who also a serial rapist. Eight feet tall, covered in body hairy, smelling like a dozen Frenchmen and he'd take one look at men and decide, "Well, we are all alone in the deep woods?"

........now that's something you ain't gonna hear from the BFRO.........or from me. I'll learn to live with the guilt and the shame in private.

.......you don't think them critters got any of those.......what you call, STD's? Do ya'?

Oh, trust me, this has been claimed, and used in court before......

http://abcnews.go.co...ideo?id=4540248

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#94    RoadMaster04

RoadMaster04

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 29 April 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Absolutely, RoadMaster04, I agree with your phrase I bolded above.

Scent is a powerful attractant and repellent for many animals including humans. And I have no problem with that being true of a bigfoot.*** In fact, it is one characteristic that  makes biological sense.

However, it is all the other characteristics of animals that bigfoot lacks that I have trouble with.

***Speaking as if the creature exists.
I once hunted a deer for three years, he was very big & very smart, He knew me very well, the way I got him was to change my ways to the Core, if this Creature is of this Earth or an Off Worlder, It is getting very Documented,  in Pic & Video, some Fake but Some, I find my self scratching my head over, I'm not sure just what it is Animal/Spirit or what, I realy do think it is real, Cowboy.

C,T, Jr.

#95    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

View PostRoadMaster04, on 29 April 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

It is getting very Documented,  in Pic & Video, some Fake but Some, I find my self scratching my head over...

Which ones are the good pics/vids of Bigfoot?

Can you post them or provide links to the ones that have you scratching your head?

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#96    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostRoadMaster04, on 29 April 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

I once hunted a deer for three years, he was very big & very smart, He knew me very well, the way I got him was to change my ways to the Core, if this Creature is of this Earth or an Off Worlder, It is getting very Documented,  in Pic & Video, some Fake but Some, I find my self scratching my head over, I'm not sure just what it is Animal/Spirit or what, I realy do think it is real, Cowboy.

As a kid my relatives were big hunters,  as in also big game hunters. Anyway, they told a story of an old big rack buck who no one could get, it  would do things like "crawl on its knees" through an area where it would otherwise be easily spotted.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 29 April 2012 - 05:15 AM.

#97    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 29 April 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

As a kid my relatives were big hunters,  as in also big game hunters. Anyway, they told a story of an old big rack buck who no one could get, it  would do things like "crawl on its knees" through an area where it would otherwise be easily spotted.
Assuming the story you were told is true, how could anyone kill such an animal?  I'd rather admire it for what it is doing.  Hunting is overrated and the value of animal life is too underrated.

#98    RoadMaster04

RoadMaster04

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

Me & My Mama Was what you will call Very Very Poor, I was Hunting to feed my Family, the big deer was enough meet to feed us all winter, My Mama Died of Breast Cancer on Nov 30 that same year, My Hunt Was for FOOD not  a wall mount!!!!!!!!!

C,T, Jr.

#99    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

Naaaaw, I'd snuff it too. You have any idea what a real Bigfoot carcass would bring on the open market?

......ok, nether do I, but I wouldn't let a detail like that stop me......except in Oregon where the mythical creature enjoys the full protection of the law. Although, I might be able to sneak it back into Washington.......maybe.

#100    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

I can understand hunting for food.  But I can also understand getting a job for food.  How we choose to feed ourselves is up to each of us I guess.

Don't let that bother you though.  I won't bat an eye when buying a nice juicy steak or a few pounds of hamburger in the grocery store.  In a sense I'm quite the hypocrite when it comes to this matter.  And I love to fish, so I'm clearly not opposed to a lot of what is involved with being at the top of the food chain.

I was more commenting on the uncommonly impressive awareness and prowess displayed by the buck in the above mentioned story.  I just couldn't bring myself to kill such an impressive animal.  I would find far more value in just marveling at its guile.

#101    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

View PostRoadMaster04, on 29 April 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

Me & My Mama Was what you will call Very Very Poor, I was Hunting to feed my Family, the big deer was enough meet to feed us all winter, My Mama Died of Breast Cancer on Nov 30 that same year, My Hunt Was for FOOD not  a wall mount!!!!!!!!!

I have never killed an animal but have no problem with others letting them run free and then killing a wild animal for food. I am a carnivore and for me it beats slaughterhouses and commercial animal farms. I have let others try to convert me and I've gone out with hunters plenty of times, but I just find I enjoy the woods, especially in the dark. And I usually fall asleep by morning :)

I do not condone trophy hunting at all. Period.  I hate zoos and marine animal lock ups, which according to some biologists,  removing an animal from its environment is the same as killing it.  I know zoos have been changing over the years but most i still don't like.

#102    RoadMaster04

RoadMaster04

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 29 April 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

I can understand hunting for food.  But I can also understand getting a job for food.  How we choose to feed ourselves is up to each of us I guess.

Don't let that bother you though.  I won't bat an eye when buying a nice juicy steak or a few pounds of hamburger in the grocery store.  In a sense I'm quite the hypocrite when it comes to this matter.  And I love to fish, so I'm clearly not opposed to a lot of what is involved with being at the top of the food chain.

I was more commenting on the uncommonly impressive awareness and prowess displayed by the buck in the above mentioned story.  I just couldn't bring myself to kill such an impressive animal.  I would find far more value in just marveling at its guile.
Boon I was Raised this way, over 3/4 Cherokee, in 1989 I had a Life Changing Accident that still govern's my life you don't know what you may do till you are fased with the fact  that you need it to survive,  As for Killing a Creature such as a Bigfoot if it is real I would not do so,  unless it is a threat to me or mine, My Gun Now-a-days is my Camera, but I am ready at all times, one reasion is the Screeming in the woods talked about in my other post, if I can help it I'm nit gona be Food for a big cat or any creature in thiese woods.

Edited by RoadMaster04, 29 April 2012 - 06:06 AM.

C,T, Jr.

#103    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

I hate "nontrophy" trophy hunting too. A lot of my outdoor friends are hunters. And a few go to Canada to hunt bear. They bait em with donuts and then end up with these poor German Shepherd sized animals to mount.

One of my uncle's  friends got his comeuppance though, he was alone and counted 7 bears all around him just before it got dark. By the time he ran and dove into the pickup an hour after dark, he was one freaked out dude.

#104    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 29 April 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

Naaaaw, I'd snuff it too. You have any idea what a real Bigfoot carcass would bring on the open market?

......ok, nether do I, but I wouldn't let a detail like that stop me......except in Oregon where the mythical creature enjoys the full protection of the law. Although, I might be able to sneak it back into Washington.......maybe.

There is no law protecting " Bigfoot ".....I believe you are mistaking the April Fools joke in a small county.( Washington, not Oregon )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#105    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:47 AM

In the spirit of getting back on topic I'll just say that among all of the unexplained mysteries out there, sometimes the most difficult to fully understand and quantify are those which are directly related to the human condition. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users