Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Since Hitler was a Christian, was he forgiven


  • Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#1    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,322 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hitler was a Christian.......With this, it should mean Jesus died on the cross for his sins also, and he was forgiven......

So, he is in Heaven having a good time I guess.

Not asking for a debate, just something I was thinking about today while reading some history.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#2    George Ford

George Ford

    smile

  • Member
  • 2,823 posts
  • Joined:02 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sunderland UK

  • "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

Yes he was forgiven as long as he asked for forgiveness. Unfortunately those are the 'rules'.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#3    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 4,656 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

He was catholic and committed suicide, which I believe they see as a sin. I think they think it puts you in purgatory according to catholic doctrine.
Of course you're going to have people that come in and say he was raised catholic but turned away from it, etc, which is clearly not true according to his speeches, writings, etc.
I just don't think they want to claim him as one of their own (obviously).

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."


July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0


#4    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

    Fact Corrector

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Apple Valley, MN. Wrestling Capital of the U.S.

  • Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

If he was a declared Christian I guess I cannot argue with his beliefs but I would make the argument that he was not a Christian because when he was doing all of those things he was not worried about whether or not God was watching...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#5    keven3

keven3

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined:09 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southern California

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hitler was involved heavily in the occult. What he professed to be and who he was were most likely two different things. But on whether heaven or hell for his final destination, only God knows.

Keven


#6    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,322 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 24 March 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

He was catholic and committed suicide, which I believe they see as a sin. I think they think it puts you in purgatory according to catholic doctrine.
Of course you're going to have people that come in and say he was raised catholic but turned away from it, etc, which is clearly not true according to his speeches, writings, etc.
I just don't think they want to claim him as one of their own (obviously).


View PostHuttonEtAl, on 24 March 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

If he was a declared Christian I guess I cannot argue with his beliefs but I would make the argument that he was not a Christian because when he was doing all of those things he was not worried about whether or not God was watching...


View Postkeven3, on 24 March 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Hitler was involved heavily in the occult. What he professed to be and who he was were most likely two different things. But on whether heaven or hell for his final destination, only God knows.

Keven



I new no hardly any one would just be honest, and say yes.......   ( TY Bulveye for being honest )



Uhm, this is his quote.....He was a Christian, like it or not.



Quote

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.
Adolf Hitler


Edited by Sakari, 24 March 2012 - 09:13 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#7    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

He was also a vegitarian,which was highly unusual for the time,unless you did it for religious reasons.
He also loved his dogs.

He was a bad guy,who took good care of himself,and probably mentally absolved himself for any "sins",because he was doing it for his own personal greater good.
You're never forgiven for so many infractions in my opinion.
He's probably been reincarnated into an endless ,hellish life.
You go God.

Miss me?

#8    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 4,656 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

View PostSakari, on 24 March 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

I new no hardly any one would just be honest, and say yes.......   ( TY Bulveye for being honest )



Uhm, this is his quote.....He was a Christian, like it or not.





He was totally religious, that is beyond debate.  
I am now, as before, a Catholic and will always remain so. -Hitler to Nazi General Gerhard Engel.


So If he was catholic, he goes to hell for suicide. If he was christian (protestant or whatever) then I guess he could be forgiven and go to heaven.

None of it makes any sense anyway....

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."


July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0


#9    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,322 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

View Postmissymoo999, on 24 March 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

He was also a vegitarian,which was highly unusual for the time,unless you did it for religious reasons.
He also loved his dogs.

He was a bad guy,who took good care of himself,and probably mentally absolved himself for any "sins",because he was doing it for his own personal greater good.
You're never forgiven for so many infractions in my opinion.
He's probably been reincarnated into an endless ,hellish life.
You go God.



I am asking people who follow Christianity......BY the Bible, and the way Christians are told, he should have been forgiven......

As said, not looking for a debate, I was hoping people would be honest here......

There is no picking and choosing, it should be in black and white.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#10    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

    Fact Corrector

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Apple Valley, MN. Wrestling Capital of the U.S.

  • Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostSakari, on 24 March 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

I new no hardly any one would just be honest, and say yes.......   ( TY Bulveye for being honest )



Uhm, this is his quote.....He was a Christian, like it or not.

You want an honest opinion? The God of the Christian faith does not exist. This does not mean a god does not exist, but if it does, it is not the Christian God. So no, I guess he was not forgiven since there is no God to forgive him.

Edited by HuttonEtAl, 24 March 2012 - 09:22 PM.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#11    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,322 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 24 March 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

He was totally religious, that is beyond debate.  
"I am now, as before, a Catholic and will always remain so." -Hitler to Nazi General Gerhard Engel.

So If he was catholic, he goes to hell for suicide. If he was christian (protestant or whatever) then I guess he could be forgiven and go to heaven.

None of it makes any sense anyway....


Maybe he was on to something......Christian and Catholic.....Maybe we should just be every religion, cover all the bases...... :tu:

Thanks for the reply, I think the same thing, and am hoping some true Christians will chime in on this.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#12    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,322 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 24 March 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

You want an honest opinion? The God of the Christian faith does not exist. This does not mean a god does not exist, but if it does, it is not the Christian God. So no, I guess he was not forgiven since there is no God to forgive him.



Man, oh man.....

I do not want a opinion. ( not sure I posted that, I hope not ).......I want Christians to answer this......What were you taught as a Christian.

Black and White.....Forgiveness to sins, especially if you are a Christian.


NO, I want the original question answered.......Was Hitler forgiven?

Edited by Sakari, 24 March 2012 - 09:27 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#13    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 4,656 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostSakari, on 24 March 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Maybe he was on to something......Christian and Catholic.....Maybe we should just be every religion, cover all the bases...... :tu:

Thanks for the reply, I think the same thing, and am hoping some true Christians will chime in on this.

We can be christibuddjewlamihindstolic!

I think that means we can't do anything fun.......

I'm done, now. Good luck getting any direct answers.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 24 March 2012 - 09:29 PM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."


July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0


#14    Amon-Ra

Amon-Ra

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined:11 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Temple, Karnak

  • Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hitler was not a Christian.  The Nazis murdered about 7 million Christians in an effort to eliminate the religion, they constantly denounced it as a degenerate offshoot of the hated Jews. The reason they exalted Wagner's music was that it was based on pre-Christain  pagan myths. They scheduled their rallies on Sundays to keep people away from going to churh. They murdered 40,000+ Christain clergy.  The Nazi party had a rule: no Christain was admitted, former Christains had to denounce it.  Also: it is not a normal Christain teaching that Christ's death on the cross means every Christain goes to Heaven.

Curmudgeon


#15    Volatile32

Volatile32

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined:31 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostSakari, on 24 March 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

Hitler was a Christian.......With this, it should mean Jesus died on the cross for his sins also, and he was forgiven......

So, he is in Heaven having a good time I guess.

Not asking for a debate, just something I was thinking about today while reading some history.

As if in posting this you were not asking for a debate? It is like making a huge inflammatory statement and then saying, "just joking".

If you will look in the bible, there is no sin greater than another. All sins are equal and can be forgiven. The key to it is asking for forgiveness. There are many that claim to be Christians just as there are many that claim to have seen UFOs. Do we believe them all? Probably not. In the case of most Christians, we look at the life they live and how they conduct themselves.

If Hitler sincerely asked for forgiveness of his sins and admitted he was a sinner, then yes he is in Heaven. If he did not, he is not. Based on the life he lived and his own ego, I think we can safely say that he never lived a Christian life and that his own ego would prevent him from admitting that he was  a sinner.

But hey, just my opinion, not asking for a debate.  :innocent:





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users