Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Do muslims......

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#16    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

View Postand then, on 25 March 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

I think they must.  How else does one explain a young, otherwise healthy young man (mostly) being willing to wrap themselves in explosives and kill strangers, including children?  I read once that while cleaning up in the aftermath of such a horror they found a young man's genitalia wrapped in foil so it could not be burned in the blast.

That is possibly the strangest thing i have ever read, and i can honestly believe it is an actual FACT.  
Wow!  :unsure2:

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#17    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

View PostParsip, on 25 March 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Yes, what's unbelievable about it?

So, you hold that belief?

Posted Image

#18    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

When posting this thread i didn't want to start an uprising. At no point in the original post do i "Bash" any religion.
It was a simple question from an inquisitive athiest. If anyone took offence, it wasn't intentional.
It just fascinates me how muslims's believe that there are "houris" waiting for them on "the other side".
How did this come about, and who decided that that was the way it was after-life?

I do realise a bit of research would answer any questions i have, but, I'm not religious and have no interest in reading the Quran, and would prefer to hear from people on UM.

Or for want of a better word, I'm just lazy

Edited by danbell06, 26 March 2012 - 03:39 AM.

Posted Image

#19    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 19,351 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

View Posttherootsfan, on 26 March 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

- post removed -
It saddens and scares me that, for a couple of minutes, i thought these were serious statements of your beliefs. Then I realised you wer just parodying,  and bringing into focus,the racist religious assumptions in the OP. Sadly, many people will take these questions seriously, and reply yes to  every one of them.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#20    Parsip

Parsip

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

View Postdanbell06, on 26 March 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

So, you hold that belief?

I hold the belief that Muslims believe there will be virgins awaiting them in heaven, as well as boy servants and plentiful food and wine, and other things mentioned in the Islamic texts.

#21    Parsip

Parsip

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

View PostFradFitt, on 25 March 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Quotation of the Koran sura 56, verses 12- 39: "They shall recline on jewelled couches face to face, and there shall wait on them immortal youths with bowls and ewers and a cup of purest wine (that will neither pain their heads nor take away their reason); with fruits of their own choice and flesh of fowls that they relish. And theirs shall be the dark-eyed houris, chaste as hidden pearls: a guerdon for their deeds... We created the houris and made them virgins, loving companions for those on the right hand..."

Now, the word "houris" is thought to be "virgins", however, other translations of the Koran suggests, that "houris" are "white beads", "raisins" or even "grapes", yet, the word "hur" occurs in the Koran four times, and this can be translated, because of the whole sentences as "maiden with dark eyes".

Funny thing, no where in the Koran is there anything mentioned about a specific number of "houris", further more, all Muslims, not just martyrs, are rewarded with the "houris", then they enters the Islamic paradise.

In short, no one really knows, how to translate Koran as it was written so many years, mainly because of it's many translations throughout the years.

The houris are described in the Quran and it's clear they are female virgins. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to marry and have sex with virgin grapes.

#22    FradFitt

FradFitt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostParsip, on 26 March 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

The houris are described in the Quran and it's clear they are female virgins. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to marry and have sex with virgin grapes.

Well it really depends on the translation, in Syriac for example, the Aramaic word hur is a plural adjective of raisin, with the word white attached, therefore white dried grapes. In arabic translation the word houri, can be translated as white, wide and beautiful/lovely eyes, eternally young, or in sexual preferences as virgins, or appetizing vaginas.

Though, in the Quran, the paradise is described as a very sensual place, where believers are rewarded with the smallest reward of 72 wives, and be given the sexual strength for 100, but.. there's a big difference between worn out wives and virgins, personally I wouldn't like a reward of 72 nagging wives ;)

I think the problem is, that the original Quran can be read, as well as the Bible, in many ways, giving the readers many different beliefs..

#23    Parsip

Parsip

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

The 72 bit is from a Hadith. I don't know if all Muslims believe it, but I think most Muslims I've met do, particularly the young male ones. It could be false.

#24    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

View Postdanbell06, on 25 March 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

Genuinely believe that there are 72 virgins waiting for them in the next life?  :blink:

I do not get why God would need to promise them sex from virgins in the after life..........  Why them?  Do they all think that they will have these virgins to have sex with ? <--Question..   not an assumption...

. I doubt  God meant - Oh I'll give you 72 virgins to have as BBF ....  And what's up with servants? ....... Why would anyone need servants in a place like heaven?   What for?  

What happens when they are done with the 72 virgins?  Get another 72 ?

None  of it makes sense.............And what do Muslim women get in the afterlife?

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 26 March 2012 - 03:52 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#25    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

If the rewards for a 'Shahid' are so great, why is it that Imams and 'community leaders' do not themselves commit 'Is-shtahad' but engage in brainwashing the younger generation to do the dirty work?

BTW Female 'Shuhada' are not awarded any virgins! According to Ninth-century scholar Al-Tabarani women will be reunited with their husbands in the next world, and those who had multiple husbands can pick the best one to be their eternal spouse. (Other commentators added that a woman who never married can marry any man she wants in paradise.) Hardly worth the effort, I reckon!

@Rootsfan

Many a true word is spoken in jest!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#26    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 5,044 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 25 March 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

If you think christians have never killed for their beliefs you are just uninformed.

This year, last year?

Thank god i'm an athiest.

Veni, vidi, Vertigo, i came i saw i couldn't get down.
Hetrodoxly.

#27    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

72 wives!?!?!? Holy hell!!!!

That dosnt sound anything like a heaven to me. I have trouble keeping up with one.  Could you imagine the honey do list?

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#28    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 26 March 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

72 wives!?!?!? Holy hell!!!!

I know....That's like..72 times the nagging.. 72  women when asked for sex  all going - I've got a headache , I've got a headache, I've got a headache !!...Follow by - 72 times  of  -  What time do you call this?..........  You better eat it, I slaved over a hot stove for that..!.... You pay those other wives more attention than me....I want to go shopping...now !... All that  and so much more  X 72 ..............Heaven?  Nope  more like  HELL   ha ha..................HA ! Posted Image

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 26 March 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#29    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 26 March 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

I know....That's like..72 times the nagging.. 72  women when asked for sex  all going - I've got a headache , I've got a headache, I've got a headache !!...Follow by - 72 times  of  -  What time do you call this?..........  You better eat it, I slaved over a hot stove for that..!.... You pay those other wives more attention than me....I want to go shopping...now !... All that  and so much more  X 72 ..............Heaven?  Nope  more like  HELL   ha ha..................HA ! Posted Image
Hahaha maby the murderous zealots will get what's comeing to them after all. It's bad enough when one woman rejects me for sex... 72 of them would be a serious self esteem killer... The worse part is that I'd be ALREADY DEAD!!! There would be no escape!

Being virgins would make it worse. One woman that actually knows something will beat a bunch of virgins any day.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#30    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 26 March 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Hahaha maby the murderous zealots will get what's comeing to them after all. It's bad enough when one woman rejects me for sex... 72 of them would be a serious self esteem killer... The worse part is that I'd be ALREADY DEAD!!! There would be no escape!

Being virgins would make it worse. One woman that actually knows something will beat a bunch of virgins any day.

Yuip, they will all get what's coming to them   lol Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users