Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Unidentified Creature Washes Ashore

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,562 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

www.firstcoastnews.com said:

"I thought it was a dead possum until I saw it's feet."

That's what First Coast resident Paul Lovely told First Coast News about the creature he found washed up on the banks of the Saint Johns River Wednesday.

Lovely said the awful odor coming from the carcass is what caught his attention.  That is, until he saw it.Once he did, he was fascinated by the creature's odd features.

"Other than it stinking like God Almighty knows, just the weird feet, how long the legs are, and it's got a kind of weird-looking head but it could be just cause it's rotted off some, but I don't know how to explain those feet.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

I think the comments on the article nailed it right away.  Its clearly a dog.  front legs have been repostitioned so that the shoulder blade is where the feet should be.

#3    Javid86

Javid86

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hoax all the way. The first thing that came to mind when I saw this was P.T Barnums Fiji mermaid.

The mediator between the mind and hands must be the heart.

#4    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,145 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Amazing how all the flesh on the legs and feet are gone but this one mysterious piece remains on all four limbs? Hiding the joint connection more than likely so you cant see the hoax right away.
Attached File  DuckFoot.jpg   52.68K   38 downloads

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

I dont think it looks real ...
The fur bits at the joints cover any articulations,which is bizarre,especially on all four joints.
The flippers look plastic
The teeth look fake too.
The actual carcass looks like a dog.

Miss me?

#6    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

it looks like a dog.

#7    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Im going to go with something so far out that i dont think people would have heard of one.....................Hyrax.....!!!....:wacko: .

Edited by BrianPotter, 27 March 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#8    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostBrianPotter, on 27 March 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

Im going to go with something so far out that i dont think people would have heard of one.....................Hyrax.....!!!....:wacko: .

Yep. I bet it's that helicopter shadow from the Japan tsunami. Tailor was right all along!  :wacko:

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,769 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

A minimal amount of critical thought by anyone looking at it should tell you it's a hoax.

-how many examples of 'bone flippers' are there in nature?  I can't think of any off the top of my head.

-where exactly would this creature live?  Land?  Water? It doesn't seem it would do very well in either environment.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#10    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostBrianPotter, on 27 March 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

It's a perfect fit. The teeth are horse like at the front, suggesting a kind of vegetation grazer. Maybe this is a 'water horse' and paddles underwater to feed on riverweed. The three toed paddle feet seem to good to be true. The huge neck muscle looks convincing too. This fits with the thick-neck dogman/bighairyman eye-witness accounts. If it's a fake, it's an *extremely* good one.

I'd guess a female. I bet they have trouble locating the sex organs. (The hyrax have them internally, male and female apparently)

Edited by tailormaneinafog, 27 March 2012 - 03:26 PM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#11    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,562 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

It's not a hoax. I've just found this -

'Creature' Mystery Has Been Solved

http://www.firstcoas...Has-Been-Solved

Posted Image

#12    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 27 March 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

It's a perfect fit. The teeth are horse like at the front, suggesting a kind of vegetation grazer. Maybe this is a 'water horse' and paddles underwater to feed on riverweed. The three toed paddle feet seem to good to be true. The huge neck muscle looks convincing too. This fits with the thick-neck dogman/bighairyman eye-witness accounts. If it's a fake, it's an *extremely* good one.

I'd guess a female. I bet they have trouble locating the sex organs. (The hyrax have them internally, male and female apparently)

Good on ya Tailor......ive said it before and i'll say it again...you always put a smile on my face with your theories and i dont mean that to sound like im an @rse.....:tu: ...

Edited by BrianPotter, 27 March 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#13    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 27 March 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

It's not a hoax. I've just found this -

'Creature' Mystery Has Been Solved

http://www.firstcoas...Has-Been-Solved
Okay, I see the shoulder blades now and how they've been turned around. I thought the 'feet' were in plastic bags when I first looked!

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#14    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostBrianPotter, on 27 March 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Good on ya Tailor......ive said it before and i'll say it again...you always put a smile on my face with your theories and i dont mean that to sound like im an @rse.....:tu: ...
No probs. You're the best of the bunch. :)

#15    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Im not saying it's not part of a real carcass,but shoulder blades dont reverse themselves on their own.
Someone took it apart and put it back together,to look like something other worldly.

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users