Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

BNP wins east London council seat

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:23 PM

The far-right British National Party has scored a victory in an east London council by-election - its first win in the capital since 1993.
The BNP's Daniel Kelley gained Barking and Dagenham Council's Goresbrook ward from Labour with 1,072 votes to Labour's 602 - a majority of 470.

The Conservatives polled 111 votes, the Liberal Democrats 85 and the Greens 59.

It is one of the first electoral tests for the BNP since revelations about its activities in a BBC documentary.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3665648.stm

See this what happens when the government stops listening to people's fears on crime, multiculturalism, and illegal immigrants... the extremists gain votes, and the fascists come to power. disgust.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#2    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:39 PM

Its starting already, I could of placed a hefty bet that the BNP would gain votes with all that bs that is going on in our country... sad.gif

Edited by Lottie, 17 September 2004 - 01:41 PM.

#3    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:41 PM

-_-; I hate Nazis, facists, and all things related to them. The sad thing is during WW2, mosley was effectively put down, nobody in britain would tolerate it then, so why now?

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#4    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:24 PM

because the bleeding hearts f***ed things up:)

disenfranchise the majority, expect extremists to come into power

#5    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:37 PM

knew this would happen, well see how hamza and the rest react when they realsie just what theyve done to themselves.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#6    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,520 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 09:40 PM

W*F?!

To the people who aren't familiar with UK's election system - what does that mean?!
Those bastards got a majority in an important institute or what?
Are we to see the BNP comming ot power in UK's next elections?!

Edited by Erikl, 17 September 2004 - 09:41 PM.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#7    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 18 September 2004 - 02:18 AM

Are we to see the BNP comming ot power in UK's next elections?!

No... rolleyes.gif  tongue.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#8    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:53 AM

talons right , they will never in the current environment get into power, however with every  hate filled speech and ignorant rant by these islamist fundamentals they'll gather support.

i hate the BNP and everything they stand for , however if voting for them means gettingt rid of the islamic fundamentalists then .......

Im not gonna even say it , but you see what i mean by saying they dont understand what their doing to themselves.

If the  BNP got into power and terrorists attacked us , they WOULD turn the middle east into a wasteland.

Then they really would see western hatred.

saorsa na h-alba

#9    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,520 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:22 AM

Ok wun and talon, but could you please elaborate on the meaning of the lastest BNP achievment? what does it mean?

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#10    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:24 AM

it means they got a seat on the council, they get to help decide local matters.

Its not like a seat in our parliament or anything like that.

saorsa na h-alba

#11    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:25 AM

but its more of a worrying sign, exactly what these people like abu hamza and the rest are doing, its showing an underlying and spreading intolerance towards islam.

saorsa na h-alba

#12    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:38 AM

In East London also were the BNP have been elected the general populace is very multicultural made up of Muslim, Indian and Chinese and of course British. This is worrying because the mulitcultural section of this area are probably very normal, honest and hardworking people and to have a party such as the BNP in the area is bad news.

However with the current 'climate' (god do I sound like a journalist!!) in the UK, the BNP getting a seat in the council is, as I said before, not suprising. People are getting fed up and exapperated with the goverment. And this shows by these latest results. I did say in another post somewhere that I am getting so fed up with the threats from Hasma and his cronies that I had thought that maybe bringing in the BNP to sort out the problems would be a good thing, NOT because I agree with ANYTHING they stand for but because if the BNP were in goverment you can bet that whats happening in the UK at the moment would not be tolerated.

However I would never vote BNP. They are Nazi scumbags.

#13    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:40 AM

yeah lottie , your right.

However everytime i even consider thinking about BNP i realise that being half irish /half scottish i would also be one of the victimized groups that the BNP would persecute.

saorsa na h-alba

#14    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,520 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:45 AM

So does it reflects anything on the general elections' results?
I mean here in Israel, the success of certain parties in local cities usually predict their success in the general elections.
Does this mean that on the next elections the BNP could become a big enough party to actually matter?

They are Nazi scumbags.

I know, this whats scares me. If the UK will turn Nazi on us (which actually would be a huge surprise for me, as opposed to Russia, I do not see in the UK even a remote chance of Nazis comming to power), then all hell will break loose.
Also, there is a big Jewish community in the UK (350,000 people), so I kinda worry for them too.

Posted Image

#15    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,520 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:50 AM

Well, it seem that the UK is not alone.

The second largest party in the Romanian parliament is the Romanian Nazi party (which is called "Greater Romania Party").
It won 30% of the parliament.

It's agendas are:
Anti-Semitism, anti-Gypsism, anti-Hungarian, anti-Communism, uniting all ethnic Romanians (from Moldavia to Yugoslavia), and admiration ot Antonesco (the leader of the fascist regime back in WW2).
It's leader said only last year that in 48 hours they will liquidate Romania's enemies. blink.gif mad.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users