Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Apollo 11 1st stage engines found

apollo saturn v moon nasa jeff bezos

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,797 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

www.space.com said:

When NASA's mighty Saturn V rocket launched the historic Apollo 11 mission to land the first men on the moon in 1969, the five powerful engines that powered the booster's first stage dropped into the Atlantic Ocean and were lost for ever.

Lost, that is, until now.

A private expedition financed by Amazon.com founder and billionaire Jeff Bezos has discovered the five F-1 engines used to launch Apollo 11 into space on July 16, 1969 and is drawing up plans to retrieve one or more so they can be publicly displayed.

Posted Image Read more...

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 20 March 2013 - 04:39 PM.
Added tags

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Wonder what the moon conspiracy guys make of this.

#3    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,797 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

View Postskookum, on 29 March 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

Wonder what the moon conspiracy guys make of this.
Go over to the conspiracies section and ask them.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#4    Mysterydude551

Mysterydude551

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Awesome. Maybe, if the moon landing WAS fake, these engines might help us prove that.

#5    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,797 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

One day, one of the topics about the moon, posted outside of the conspiracy section, will avoid mention of the idiotic hoax theory.  Clearly not today though. Okay, I'll bite.

View PostMysterydude551, on 29 March 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Maybe, if the moon landing WAS fake
It wasn't!

View PostMysterydude551, on 29 March 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

these engines might help us prove that.
How? The fact that these engines have been found where they are supposed to be is pretty good evidence that they performed exactly as advertised. Even if Apollo was faked (it wasn't) these engines are not going to provide that evidence.

Besides, if the fact that the LRO has photographed the Apollo hardware on the moon EXACTLY where NASA said it was hasn't convinced that tiny minority of people determined to deny realty, nothing will.

Posted Image
Click on button

#6    BrandOfAmber

BrandOfAmber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• Life is the lust of the lamp for the light that is dark till the dawn of the day that we die...

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

I love you Waspie_Dwarf.  Well said.

#7    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,195 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

That is pretty sweet. I would go those things on display.
Of course it would be nice if we really could go to the moon someday instead of just faking it.Posted Image
Only joking, don't hurt me.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#8    sarah11

sarah11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

This will just prove that it went into space not all the way to the moon so i don't see why this is such big news ...

#9    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,195 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

View Postsarah11, on 31 March 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

This will just prove that it went into space not all the way to the moon so i don't see why this is such big news ...

Really?
Just....really?
You moon landing hoaxers need to learn some science.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,353 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

The Air and Space Museum in DC has a single engine "bell" from an F1 and it is almost incomprehensible to me that there were five of those pushing thrust at the same time....one of mankind's great achievements.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#11    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,039 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

Cant wait until they get them back up,so we can see them in a museum soon ! THank Waspie ! great find ! :rolleyes:

This is a Work in Progress!

#12    reggie2011

reggie2011

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

• creator/webmaster/owner
    mystery documentaries.com

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

the moon landing was real but the whole thing was faked because it was actully an anceint aleins mission to recover artifacts from the surface nasa is afraid of the public relations witch is why they wont go back ,because theve already told the biggst lie of all history,the govenment cant afford to keep it all under wraps anymore not with todays video technology,everyone would ask why is it in black and white? why no color? why no hd cam? why why why its just to hard to keep lieing about so when they go we dont know about it and they dont use rockets anymore that was 50 years ago now ,we have pulse detonation engines and stuff ,they probly go to the moon and back once a week

Posted Image

take a look at these official nasa badges and ask urself what they "really" mean and why its importiant to put ancient terrestrial sites on a official nasa astronaurt badge.
the truth is in plain view.

Edited by reggie2011, 02 April 2012 - 05:22 AM.

#13    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,931 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Please use the Did we land on the moon? thread in the conspiracies section to discuss possible cover-ups, the Space Exploration and Spaceflight section is intended for straight discussion on space related topics.

#14    XLR8

XLR8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostSaru, on 02 April 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

Please use the Did we land on the moon? thread in the conspiracies section to discuss possible cover-ups, the Space Exploration and Spaceflight section is intended for straight discussion on space related topics.

Greetings; Long time lurker here and this is my first post. I am piggy backing on this thread for a short answer, and I don't see a need to start a new thread for such a minor issue. LCROSS is said to have taken a butt load of photos of the Moons surface.
I have searched for the galleries, but all I find is the NASA LCROSS site and they only show highlight photos (at least the best I can tell), and what they show is very limited. Can some one please post a link where I can find all NASA has to offer for the LCROSS photo gallery? Also a link that has (ALL) the NASA missions to the Moon in gallary form?

Thats all I have to say. No hidden agenda here. I am just at wits end on finding the galleries......Thank You, XLR8

#15    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,139 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

XLR8...

Are you sure you're not actually looking for the LRO (Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter) galleries...?

LCROSS did take images, but mainly it was just concerned with imaging the crash of a Centaur rocket stage into the crater named Cabeus on the Moon before itself crashing into the same crater about 6 minutes later.
-> http://www.nasa.gov/...es/LCROSS/main/

LRO is currently orbiting the Moon since late June 2009 and has taken some incredibly detailed images of the Apollo landing sites.
-> http://www.nasa.gov/...edia/index.html and http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 04 April 2012 - 03:00 AM.

"Thinking is critical, because sense is not common..." - GreaterSapien

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users