Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Apollo 11 1st stage engines found

apollo saturn v moon nasa jeff bezos

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,848 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

View PostXLR8, on 04 April 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

LCROSS is said to have taken a butt load of photos of the Moons surface.

It is possible that you are confusing LCROSS (Lunar CRater Observation and Sensing Satellite) with LRO (Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter).

These 2 missions were launched together. LCROSS basically consisted of a small spacecraft and the spent upper stage of the launch vehicle. The Centsur stage was crashed into a crater near the moon's south pole. The small spacecraft flew through the debris cloud formed by the impact, analysing it in the search for water, before impacting the moon itself some for minutes later.

The main mission is LRO, which continues to orbit the moon, taking the highest resolution pictures ever take Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter n.

I have posted many imaged from LRO on this site, and regularly post them now in the gallery section.

Edited to add:
CZ, you type quicker than me.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 04 April 2012 - 03:19 AM.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#17    XLR8

XLR8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

Thanks CZERO for the links and summery, and thank you Waspie Dwarf for the summery of the missions.
Now I can set out flooding the forum with my theories of there being a BigFoot tribe on the Moon.
..............Just joking :cry:

#18    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Postreggie2011, on 02 April 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

take a look at these official nasa badges and ask urself what they "really" mean and why its importiant to put ancient terrestrial sites on a official nasa astronaurt badge.
the truth is in plain view.

Maybe YOU should take a good look at what the url of these "official NASA badges" says:

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a464/thealemos/alternatepatches.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users