Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

"Big Data" research by US government

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,766 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

http://www.nytimes.c...gital-data.html

They're just gettin' busy figuring how to fine tune the lab rats.... :huh:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hmmm ,I got an invite to something in regard to this.I ignored it.Let me go read it.

Miss me?

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,766 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Thinking more about this data collection and research it makes me wonder just how susceptible we are to manipulation and if there is some redline we are unaware of?  I'm not sure how to explain what I mean.  Marketing professionals have known for years that product placement is all important and have arranged "traps" for lack of a better term, to enhance purchases on impulse by consumers.  After a brief furor over subliminal messaging that practice was supposedly stopped as being too unfair an influence.  But is there some point in this process of manipulation that a human would become aware subliminally of the cheat?  I bet it must be fascinating research.  A mixture of sociology and psychology with a heavy emphasis of observation and subtle testing.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users