Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Thousands queue for UFO rescue

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

www.digitaljournal.com said:

Thousands of "New Agers" are flocking to the village of Bugarach in France to prepare for the end of the world on December 21. The people are expecting that aliens will come to save them from doomsday apocalypse by beaming them aboard their spaceships. Posted Image Read more...

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,397 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Aaaaannnd ... we have lift off :w00t: .  So the first strains of December 21st madness finally rear their ugly head.  For this little Fiesta of loony tune events - I'm making popcorn and kicking back to watch the show.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,977 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Are Nikes and plastic bags still the fasion?

#4    HawkLord

HawkLord

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

• I reserve the right to change my mind when better and more accurate info becomes available.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Time to bust out the coolaid.  :w00t:

The rocks in my head fill the holes in yours.

It is easy to spout the wisdom of others when you have none of your own.

Insult me all you like but remember that i have a sword.

#5    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Oh dear. There are going to be a lot of very sad people on 22nd December. :(

#6    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,308 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 29 March 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Oh dear. There are going to be a lot of very sad people on 22nd December. :(

lol Yes, very true and completely agree. :yes:

#7    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,717 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

*shakes head* really? People are actually lining up...seriously?

Flipside, what would everyone think if they did actually get abducted? It makes sense, the aliens might be looking for humans who won't fight back, hence...France.  :lol:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 29 March 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#8    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

I can't wait to see this one fizzle out like every other doomsdate that has come and gone without event.  Why are people so incredibly gullible?

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,387 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Can I have their stuff?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#10    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,344 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 29 March 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

I can't wait to see this one fizzle out like every other doomsdate that has come and gone without event.  Why are people so incredibly gullible?

The amazing thing is that these are most likely the same people who got caught by the last 'end of the world' scam...

(Fearless Leader) - "The end of the world is this Tuesday! Everyone sell all you have and give the cash to me! And I will save you aboard this flying saucer, invisible planet thingy!"
(Brainless Followers) - "Oooo! Here take my cash! Save me, oh beloved and benevolent Leader!"

(Fearless Leader) - "Oops! Sorry people I misjudged the date.. .I um, er, ah, misplaced a decimal. Yeah That's it! The new day is um... er... three weeks from last Friday. Give me your money!"
(Brainless Followers) - "Ooooh. Yes beloved Leader! Here is more of our hard earned money! Save Us!"

Edited by Taun, 29 March 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#11    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,308 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 29 March 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

First of all, humans singularly are incredible creatures (for the most part), humans in large quantities revert into lemmings and are easily caught up in mass thought, ideals and judgements, losing their individual common sense.  Add the media's constant barrage of all things Paranormal, End of the World, 2012, Aliens etc etc mixed with "expert" shamans, priests, and "scientists" whom throw their theories at this group of people, and you've got the answer or at least part of the answer to what you asked. lol :tu:

#12    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• 1,041 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 29 March 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

First of all, humans singularly are incredible creatures (for the most part), humans in large quantities revert into lemmings and are easily caught up in mass thought, ideals and judgements, losing their individual common sense.  Add the media's constant barrage of all things Paranormal, End of the World, 2012, Aliens etc etc mixed with "expert" shamans, priests, and "scientists" whom throw their theories at this group of people, and you've got the answer or at least part of the answer to what you asked. lol :tu:

LOL don't insult the lemmings!  They've been misrepresented!

Otherwise, I totally agree :D

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

#13    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,230 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Beam me up, Jesus!

#14    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,344 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 29 March 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Probably the only species on the planet that gets dumber the more that get together...

Reminds me of the old saying from Ambrose Bierce's "The Devil's Dictionary" -
"The definition of a Committee: An organism with multiple heads and no brain"...

Edited by Taun, 29 March 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#15    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,048 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

If only the alien arrival as in Quatermass IV would come to fruition that day...

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users