Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Autism in the USA

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Autism rate is now approximately 20x higher than it was in the 1960s and 70s.
Better testing is the reason sited .
*coughs*
Nothing to do with vaccinations being tripled for children in the last ten years.

In 2009,1 in 110 were diagnosed,it is now 1 in 88.

http://www.child-beh...statistics.html

http://www.timesunio...ise-3445915.php

Just the facts ma'am,just the facts.
Was on the news here today .

Miss me?

#2    Nkia

Nkia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

View Postmissymoo999, on 30 March 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Fluoride

#3    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

*facepalm*

:(

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,577 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

I read this article last night. The rise is do a redefinition of autism as autism spectrum disorders. Basically, a group of disorders with similar features. Some show mild signs and some show more increased signs.
Despite what some would like you believe, sans science, this has NOTHING to do with vaccinations or even a rise in the amount of people with autism spectrum disorders. It is do to wider screening and better diagnosis.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 30 March 2012 - 04:05 PM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#5    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 30 March 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

I read this article last night. The rise is do a redefinition of autism as autism spectrum disorders. Basically, a group of disorders with similar features. Some show mild signs and some show more increased signs.
Despite what some would like you believe, sans science, this has NOTHING to do with vaccinations or even a rise in the amount of people with autism spectrum disorders. It is do to wider screening and better diagnosis.

BS. Then why are there not new cases of 40 and 50 year olds with autism?

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#6    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 30 March 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

You should probably ask Hans Asperger.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#7    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,577 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 30 March 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

How many 40 and 50 year olds do you know that go and get tested for autism spectrum disorders? I'm sure you're a qualified medical diagnostician who studies autism, right?
By the time somebody is that age they have usually established themselves in life.
How many people do you know with exceedingly poor social skills? Generally, you would assume then to just be socially inept, but as it happens with my 30 year old brother, it could Aspergers, one of the Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 30 March 2012 - 05:11 PM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

#8    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 30 March 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

How many 40 and 50 year olds do you know that go and get tested for autism spectrum disorders? I'm sure you're a qualified medical diagnostician who studies autism, right?
By the time somebody is that age they have usually established themselves in life.
How many people do you know with exceedingly poor social skills? Generally, you would assume then to just be socially inept, but as it happens with my 30 year old brother, it could Aspergers, one of the Autism Spectrum Disorders.

They probably nearly all see doctors at some point. Most cases of autism cant be so easily hidden. Injecting children with several doses of mercury could easily be a cause. But I know, thats crazy talk. Thats why the government has given drug companies immunity (no pun intended) from damage caused by vaccines.

#9    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostFluffybunny, on 30 March 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

You should probably ask Hans Asperger.

Oh man, did you see the south park episode? Funny stuff. Not to make light of people with the diease. Its horrible.

#10    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,577 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 30 March 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

They probably nearly all see doctors at some point. Most cases of autism cant be so easily hidden. Injecting children with several doses of mercury could easily be a cause. But I know, thats crazy talk. Thats why the government has given drug companies immunity (no pun intended) from damage caused by vaccines.

Posted Image

There is already a thread where the ACTUAL numbers for vaccines have been posted. Multiple times. And ignored by multiple people.
I'm not going to get into it again here.

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,578 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postmissymoo999, on 30 March 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Better testing is the reason sited .
*coughs*
Nothing to do with vaccinations being tripled for children in the last ten years.

In 2009,1 in 110 were diagnosed,it is now 1 in 88.

http://www.child-beh...statistics.html

http://www.timesunio...ise-3445915.php

Just the facts ma'am,just the facts.
Was on the news here today .

If you were really interested in the facts, you'd know this has nothing to do with vaccines.  The current rise in previously eradicated diseases, however, can be directly linked to those who have similar views as yours.

And yes, it has everything to do with expanding the definition of autism.  When I was in school, we always had a handful of "weird kids" in our class - well, guess what, those kids are now considered autistic.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#12    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Except mercury is only present as thimerosal in some flu vaccines.

And teh effects of mercury poisoning are not the same as autism.

The governmnet gave immunity to some drug corporations because they were getting sued for side effects, and dropping production as they get no monetary benefit for vaccines otherwise.
Yes, there are sideeffects. They are rare, and usually but not awlays non life threatening.
In comparison tot eh diseases which they prevent, which since I'm going to shoot int he dark here and guess your're in a first world nation where small pox, polio, mumps, and other infectious diseasses are no longer endemic.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#13    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Personally, I think it is the diets to blame.  We are over farming the land, we have genetically engineered the food, we pick the produce before it is ready so that it isn't over-ripe in the stores...abd how many additives are in everyday foods, never mind the junk foods?  If you read Lisa Lewis, PHD;s book Special Diets for Special Kids, she's lived it.  Her son has problems and they are able to basically manage them through diet.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#14    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,359 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

The government didn't exactly give them immunity.  If there is gross negligence you can still sue them in regular court.  Other than that you have to petition a special court that pays out of a fund that is paid into by pharmaceutical companies that manufacturer vaccines.  This had to be done because when people were suing vaccine manufacturers they stopped making vaccines all together because they are not like drugs that are taken daily.  Often times pharmaceutical companies will release drugs that they know are bad because even if they are sued they will still profit. Also, if it was mercury in vaccines then the pathology would be similar and it is actually the opposite.  Not to mention the cases of autism should be dropping off and they are not.

#15    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 30 March 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

The government didn't exactly give them immunity.  If there is gross negligence you can still sue them in regular court.  Other than that you have to petition a special court that pays out of a fund that is paid into by pharmaceutical companies that manufacturer vaccines.  This had to be done because when people were suing vaccine manufacturers they stopped making vaccines all together because they are not like drugs that are taken daily.  Often times pharmaceutical companies will release drugs that they know are bad because even if they are sued they will still profit. Also, if it was mercury in vaccines then the pathology would be similar and it is actually the opposite.  Not to mention the cases of autism should be dropping off and they are not.
Right. These are the kinda folks we are dealing with. And they still use it in flu vaccines. Who is to say they stopped using it, and many other harmful substances.

The list similarities of in mercury poisoning and autism is far longer then the differences. Probably at least enough to mistake it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users