Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Meditation Experiance's

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Ronseal

Ronseal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

• another man's junk is another man's treasure

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

I Had a go at meditating about 30 mins ago, I Felt like my eyes moved from where they are to my forehead which made me feel like I was really tall.
Its my Third time of trying to meditate. I felt really overwhelmed I ended up opening my eye's.

I hope I have more experiances like it, Because that was a really odd but great experiance.

Has anyone had this same experiance?

Every Dog Has His Day

#2    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Nope, never felt that before. The only weird feeling I've had is me drifting off for who knows how long, then realizing it, like it felt I was waking up from a dream. When I become fully aware again, I feel a good feeling in my head. Can't explain it better than that. Happened like 3 times in an hour today.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#3    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,809 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

I was thinking about asking something similar today.  Lately when i meditate though, Im getting a mild headache that same area. Maybe im trying too hard, im not sure but the pain is right in the middle of my forehead.  
Its pretty common for me to get headaches, but they are usually only at the back of my head.

#4    Homan34

Homan34

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

I am also going to start meditating now.

Flying on the aerospace. :)

#5    Ronseal

Ronseal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Yeah, When I opened my eyes, I felt good I went to bed after it was a right peacefull sleep. I still feel good today.

Its cool to see everyone has a different experiance..  Its weird because I felt like my body wasent there no more just my eyes.. and they felt alot higher and heavyier then usall which caused me to think I was falling.

Every Dog Has His Day

#6    Ronseal

Ronseal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

View Postmeryem, on 02 April 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

I am also going to start meditating now.

Cool, Tell us what you experianced. Because im gonna meditate tommorow night again and if I get the same experiance as anyone else I'll give them a nudge.

Every Dog Has His Day

#7    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,928 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostRonseal, on 02 April 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

I Had a go at meditating about 30 mins ago, I Felt like my eyes moved from where they are to my forehead which made me feel like I was really tall.
Its my Third time of trying to meditate. I felt really overwhelmed I ended up opening my eye's.

I hope I have more experiances like it, Because that was a really odd but great experiance.

Has anyone had this same experiance?

No, that is the first I have heard of that particular one.  I usually feel something spinning in front of my forehead, throat, heart, abdomen etc.  At my forehead it is sometimes so pronounced I find myself gently rocking to it.  I also sometimes feel like my eyes are open - as though I can see the room even though when I check they are definitely closed.  The act of checking also removes the experience.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#8    Ronseal

Ronseal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 02 April 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

No, that is the first I have heard of that particular one.  I usually feel something spinning in front of my forehead, throat, heart, abdomen etc.  At my forehead it is sometimes so pronounced I find myself gently rocking to it.  I also sometimes feel like my eyes are open - as though I can see the room even though when I check they are definitely closed.  The act of checking also removes the experience.

Yeah When I opened my eyes I coulden't get back into meditating well I'll see if I have the same experiance's, Its my third day of meditating
it was just a shock to feel taller then my original position.. strange eh. I'll post again if I have any new experiance's.

Every Dog Has His Day

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,928 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostRonseal, on 02 April 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Yeah When I opened my eyes I coulden't get back into meditating well I'll see if I have the same experiance's, Its my third day of meditating
it was just a shock to feel taller then my original position.. strange eh. I'll post again if I have any new experiance's.
Losing your sense of where you are in space is actually a positive sign - everyone experiences that a little differently.  It is about what you are observing within yourself in the meditative state.  The fact is meditation takes many years to master and although experience of "phenomena" make come relatively early alot of it is, in fact, a manifestation of the "Ego's" expectation of the meditative state ie: you may believe you have reached a state of serenity and silence but, ever so subtely your Ego is carrying on it's incessant chatter just under your conscious radar pretty much raving about "hey this feels really cool, if I breathe thru my left nostril only I wonder how that will make me feel" :w00t: .

I have been meditating for 9 years on and off.  I have to tell that the experiences that have given me anything I can look to as a true insight into what meditation can achieve, I could count on all my digits with a few left over for all that time.  The experiences that remind me what I am up against and at the same time still inform me that I AM MAKING PROGRESS are the more common.  It is not discouraging, in case you wonder, each event is unique and something is added to quality and something unnecessary is removed whereever I can fully comprehend it and work thru it.

Edited by libstaK, 03 April 2012 - 09:17 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

#10    Ronseal

Ronseal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 03 April 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Losing your sense of where you are in space is actually a positive sign - everyone experiences that a little differently.  It is about what you are observing within yourself in the meditative state.  The fact is meditation takes many years to master and although experience of "phenomena" make come relatively early alot of it is, in fact, a manifestation of the "Ego's" expectation of the meditative state ie: you may believe you have reached a state of serenity and silence but, ever so subtely your Ego is carrying on it's incessant chatter just under your conscious radar pretty much raving about "hey this feels really cool, if I breathe thru my left nostril only I wonder how that will make me feel" :w00t: .

I have been meditating for 9 years on and off.  I have to tell that the experiences that have given me anything I can look to as a true insight into what meditation can achieve, I could count on all my digits with a few left over for all that time.  The experiences that remind me what I am up against and at the same time still inform me that I AM MAKING PROGRESS are the more common.  It is not discouraging, in case you wonder, each event is unique and something is added to quality and something unnecessary is removed whereever I can fully comprehend it and work thru it.

Its very interesting stuff, But Thank you for you replys.. Its gonna be great learning experiance. I was listening to music while I was attemping to meditate.. Is it alright to listen to music? because my music I listen to plays a big part in my life i.e my motivation diciplin and confidence. Got kickboxing tonight so im gonna meditate after I knuckle down and see what happends. But its nice to be able to actully talk to people about it Thanks.

Every Dog Has His Day

#11    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostRonseal, on 03 April 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Its very interesting stuff, But Thank you for you replys.. Its gonna be great learning experiance. I was listening to music while I was attemping to meditate.. Is it alright to listen to music? because my music I listen to plays a big part in my life i.e my motivation diciplin and confidence. Got kickboxing tonight so im gonna meditate after I knuckle down and see what happends. But its nice to be able to actully talk to people about it Thanks.

I listen to music before, and even sometimes during. If it works for you, it's good.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#12    The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

View Postsarah_444, on 02 April 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

I was thinking about asking something similar today.  Lately when i meditate though, Im getting a mild headache that same area. Maybe im trying too hard, im not sure but the pain is right in the middle of my forehead.  
Its pretty common for me to get headaches, but they are usually only at the back of my head.

Do you continue to meditate or do you stop when you feel that?

Life is not a continuum of pleasant choices, but of inevitable problems that call for strength, determination, and hard work  - Indian Proverb

#13    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,809 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

It's mild, so I continue. I don't usually meditate for long periods though, maybe 5-7 minutes generally.

#14    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,928 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostRonseal, on 03 April 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Yes, most people start with music and keep using it periodically.  It does need to be serene and on a low volume, you don't want the music to "transport you" to another mental paradigm where it is the main focus and cause.  When settling down it definitely helps as do breathing exercises, concentrating on the breath is key to the experience IMO.  As you progress you may want to look at some mantras.  It can feel odd verballising on your own but worth the effort, does wonders for focusing the mind, silencing the chatter and balancing the chakras :tu:.

#15    The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

View Postsarah_444, on 03 April 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

It's mild, so I continue. I don't usually meditate for long periods though, maybe 5-7 minutes generally.

Perhaps its not that you try too hard but that you are experiencing effects of meditation.
interesting you achieved it by meditating for short periods.

Edited by The Lone Ranger, 04 April 2012 - 09:07 PM.

Life is not a continuum of pleasant choices, but of inevitable problems that call for strength, determination, and hard work  - Indian Proverb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users