Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

If We Discover Aliens

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

i'm not going to worry about protocol if it happens. i am going to find me a real safe place to observe the situation for a while.

#17    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,860 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 02 April 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

Or deadly..

That's a risk I'm willing to take for a delicious cut of meat.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#18    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,860 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 02 April 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

It has already happened. This issue is moot.

Do tell.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#19    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

This article raises are rather interesting question. I've never really thought about how the Human race would go about initial contact with a more primitive or even equal alien race.

If this were to happen, it wouldn't be an "American" issue. In order to achieve such a feat of galactic space travel, it would be a joint venture between multiple countries. Almost all space travel is already that. The world uses NASA because they're the only agency with the track record to accomplish multiple missions, but all space missions in recent years has had astronauts from all over the world and is jointly funded by multiple nations.

Edited by Saru, 02 April 2012 - 09:05 PM.
Removed quote and response to deleted post

#20    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,827 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

The preppers already have a jump on Y`all  ! THe bad thing is If E.T is even a bit ahead of us They know who you are ,and where you hide your booty !
THis Im sure wont matter If they get out and Just Blast us off the planet,or Eat us for a snack !
But then again They might,Just Might Want to Teach us about universial  Peace ! ANd we better take them up on it ! Cause were really bad at it ! :innocent:

This is a Work in Progress!

#21    wittyusernamefailed

wittyusernamefailed

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

• "Well, this is gonna be a wipe"

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

I tend to think it the response would be something along the lines of this
Posted Image

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,694 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostEldorado, on 02 April 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Say hello and then rob them.

View PostMrSerendipity, on 02 April 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

"We come in peace, shoot to kill!"
This is probably closest to the truth of what will happen. Humans, in general, are greedy and selfish and liars. If aliens showed up with FTL, we'd have to steal the technology and be making our own scouts in no time. Of course, being a paranoid species, we'd not trust any of the maps or advice of our "good friends" and have to examine every rock, comet and bit of galactic dust for ourselves. Likely putting a flag, or "I own this now!" sticker on everything we find out there.

It is what would doom us as a species to war and extinction, or doom us to try to take over. Trying to run the show like the pushy pre-teen cousin/nephew everyone has who has to be in charge at the family reunion picnic.

In my strategy computer games that are space based, immediately attacking and ransacking, and overrunning the competition is the easiest, quickest, surest way to win. I'll bet that is true of any civilization meeting another civilization. If you don't immediately conquor them, they will always be a threat.

Space travel is no guarantee of logical thinking or peacefulness.

There was a book... The High Crusade... that was about peaceful aliens landing on medieval England. The English cut down the aliens took all their goods onto the ship and set off to conquer for King and Country. Fiction of course, but a good illustration of Human Nature.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#23    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 02 April 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

This article raises are rather interesting question. I've never really thought about how the Human race would go about initial contact with a more primitive or even equal alien race.

If this were to happen, it wouldn't be an "American" issue. In order to achieve such a feat of galactic space travel, it would be a joint venture between multiple countries. Almost all space travel is already that. The world uses NASA because they're the only agency with the track record to accomplish multiple missions, but all space missions in recent years has had astronauts from all over the world and is jointly funded by multiple nations.

Thanks Saru! Cheers! :tu:

#24    TattooMan

TattooMan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• Keep an open mind about things you don't understand. You will be more likely to accept it, rather then react out of fear.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

The human race as a whole would probably react badly to a first contact situation. Enmass, people are stupid and would panic. A human or small group that are open-minded and somewhat prepared, would be more receptive, but cautious. And rightly so. First question that would come to mind for me would be; What do they want? We would be far less inferior to them in just about every respect. Second question; Why us? Why would they even have a need to contact us? Obviously, they need or want something. Nothing wrong with being a bit skeptical as to the motives of an alien race that is far more superior technologically and more evolved. Personally, I would keep my distance and watch them carefully. Won't hurt to be prepared and well armed, just in case.

The human race as a whole would probably react badly to a first contact situation. Enmass, people are stupid and would panic. A human or small group that are open-minded and somewhat prepared, would be more receptive, but cautious. And rightly so. First question that would come to mind for me would be; What do they want? We would be far less inferior to them in just about every respect. Second question; Why us? Why would they even have a need to contact us? Obviously, they need or want something. Nothing wrong with being a bit skeptical as to the motives of an alien race that is far more superior technologically and more evolved. Personally, I would keep my distance and watch them carefully. Won't hurt to be prepared and well armed, just in case.

#25    TattooMan

TattooMan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• Keep an open mind about things you don't understand. You will be more likely to accept it, rather then react out of fear.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

#26    Darth Tyranus

Darth Tyranus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

If we discovered aliens the best thing to do is leave them alone for several reasons.

1 being the human race is too fragile pathetic and weak. Depending on who found ET that government could easily be swayed for technology.

2. They could be out right invaders. Think of every single time a more advanced society discovers a less advanced society. SLAVERY!!!!!

Its happened time and time again here on earth. From the ancient egyptians, to the persians, greeks, to the roman empire, the british empire and even in the USA with native americans and blacks in africa.

We keep wanting to find ET, we may be asking for way more than we hoped.

#27    lgok64

lgok64

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

Question:How would we approach first contact?
Answer:Poorly.
Reason:If we can't overcome racial differences, religious differences, etc, how in the heck could we deal intelligently with beings from another planet?
How can we deal with any "alien situation" when we can't even get along among ourselves?

#28    IamLegend

IamLegend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• "The mind of a child is where the revolution begins" - Immortal Technique

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

If aliens contact humans: It would mean they are at, or above, our technological level. Which would probably mean disaster for us, depending on how developed their war technology is. Try and befriend them and hope they're not aggressive in nature. If we befriend them learn from them, and trade resources.

If humans contact aliens: Assuming they're at a lower technological level. We'd probably do what stories say aliens do to us. We'd probably collect, and study, specimens of plant and animal life. We'd probably take, study, and return any intelligent life. Humans, being apes, are aggressive and territorial. We may seize their planet and reap the resources. Eventually settling on the planet if possible. Humans, being apes, are also loving and compassionate. We may help their civilization grow and trade resources with them.

#29    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

God help them if they land in some places I know here in Darkest Africa.

#30    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Where's Donteatus? They would probably be here to "Serve Man"

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users