Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

All three party leaders given the worst poll

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,330 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

www.dailymail.co.uk said:

Voters are so disgusted with politics that the three main party leaders are collectively the least popular in the history of polling.

A survey yesterday put the negative ratings of David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband at the lowest cumulative rating, a staggering -121 per cent.

The Prime Minister saw his personal rating the difference between the number of voters who think he is doing a good job and those who do not plunge to -27 in the latest YouGov poll.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,107 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

We want Ron Paul!!

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#3    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

I wouldn't trust any politician to run a jellied-eel stall in a fish-market!!!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#4    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

497294947.jpg

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#5    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,521 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Why would anyone be surprised that these "career politicians" should be so despised?

#6    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Whats needed is a totally new political party staffed with people that care about this country & it's people, unfortunately the present cartel would never let it happen.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 09 April 2012 - 06:59 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#7    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 09 April 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

Whats needed is a totally new political party staffed with people that care about this country & it's people, unfortunately the present cartel would never let it happen.
totally agree  :tu:

#8    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

We shout and scream and jump about, but we dont actually DO anything come election time ,If People would get off their butts and actually vote instead of muttering no party's worth it so I'm not voting, we could have a radical change, but IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN,and what really gets me annoyed is the pathetic DONT KNOWS,(zombies every one). AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH !!!!!!!

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#9    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

View Postealdwita, on 02 April 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

I wouldn't trust any politician to run a jellied-eel stall in a fish-market!!!
  Ha ha ,good one friend,but there is not a politician alive at present in this country,who is capable of running it properly, they all have one thing in mind when elected,and that is.....How can I renege on my Mandates and Promises...

#10    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 09 April 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

We shout and scream and jump about, but we dont actually DO anything come election time ,If People would get off their butts and actually vote instead of muttering no party's worth it so I'm not voting, we could have a radical change, but IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN,and what really gets me annoyed is the pathetic DONT KNOWS,(zombies every one). AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH !!!!!!!

I vote every time (30 years worth), & i've never seen anything change that has benefitted the average working man in the street.
I've seen minor changes that have benefitted the 'can't work' or 'won't work' & i've seen minor changes that benefit those who don't need it, & i've constantly seen everybody in between paying for it.
In the end i tend to agree with the old adage that 'the people get the government they deserve'.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 09 April 2012 - 10:56 PM.

― Groucho Marx

#11    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,107 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 09 April 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

But there's the thing: vote for whom? If there's no difference between them, what difference does it make? You could vote for Green, BNP, Communist Party of Great Britain (Marxist-Leninist) or even George Galloway, but it would make no difference at all to who's actually in Government, would it?

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#12    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

View Post747400, on 10 April 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

But there's the thing: vote for whom? If there's no difference between them, what difference does it make? You could vote for Green, BNP, Communist Party of Great Britain (Marxist-Leninist) or even George Galloway, but it would make no difference at all to who's actually in Government, would it?
  Yep I guess you're right,same old faces,same old board game,but I think this land needs a shake up,the trouble is there is no one around to do it,Lib-Dems had a go a few years back but unfortunately they also had nothing to offer.And so we go on until something gross happens,like a plague,earthquake,tsunami, then we might see who has the guts to take over,M.Mouse and his pals could do a better job at the moment,but they are American so thats out..Should we bring back the Kings and Queens ?

#13    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

View Post747400, on 10 April 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

If more people vote for any of those parties than vote for any other party then it WOULD make a difference.

I advocate voting for UKIP.  They're the party we need in power.

#14    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 10 April 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

If more people vote for any of those parties than vote for any other party then it WOULD make a difference.

I advocate voting for UKIP.  They're the party we need in power.
    No offence but may I ask why ?,have they got something going that we dont know about ? if so why arent they coming up with it ? sorry 3 questions in one sentence.Around this area the sad baskets always vote Lib, so you have as much chance of changing it,as catching a flea in a mattress factory....

#15    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 10 April 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

No offence but may I ask why ?,have they got something going that we dont know about ? if so why arent they coming up with it ? sorry 3 questions in one sentence.Around this area the sad baskets always vote Lib, so you have as much chance of changing it,as catching a flea in a mattress factory....

How do you know that UKIP aren't coming up with what we're looing for?  Do you even know what their policies are?

I think that if the three main parties are unpopular then the British people should go for something new, like UKIP.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 11 April 2012 - 04:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users